echobeach is offline Junior Member

Please take it easy

I know most of you blokes are in the states, and hence you won't know who the hell David Hookes is - but he was one of Australia's finest batsmen IMO(cricket). Hooksey played for Australia during the late 70's thru to the mid 80's and more than once was single handedly responsible for winning matches, either a test match or one dayer and always solely off his own bat - mate, to see him cut loose was something to behold...

Well, just last night a bouncer has seen fit to deal him an uppercut to the back of the head - read a 'gutless filthy kinghit' - and the outcome = Hooksey was pronounced dead at the scene, subsequently revived by paramedics, and now remains on life support in hospital...

He has been coaching Victoria (a state of Australia), and was out celebrating our latest win and there are stories about a fight just prior to this incident, and as well Hookesy has been known to let his feelings be known - maybe one or both of these factors contributed to the incident, but the only thing I know for sure is that neither of them deserve this outcome!!

It appears fairly certain that he was hit from behind....so now does this bouncer prick feel good about himself - does he still feel like the almighty enforcer he obviously saw himself as?

David Hookes was and is a great servant to the game of Cricket...and should the worst happen, he will be very sorely missed.

Guys.............if your ever in a similar position, just try and think twice about slamming someone - I am sick and f u c k i n tired of people f u k i n g other peoples lives just because of their own precious little egos...

F u c k bouncers........I hate em............

Peace....Echo

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    This is what I mean by stereotyping bodybuilders and muscle guys like we're bully's and we're a menace to society.

Sorry about your friend there echobeach really am. I get the message but this post was unecessary and a low blow.

What I gather in your saying is this board is full of juiced up, muscle heads with over inflated ego's that like to flex there muscles unecessarirly and hurt people like kicking sand in a guys face at the beach.

No - what I'm saying is that too many - way too many bouncers see themsleves as the LAW.

Never to be questioned, never to be doubted - just dealing out their own brand of justice... - like king hitting someone in the back of the head mate!!

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by echobeach

Peace....Echo
    First and foremost i'm very sorry bout your buddy echo.. I've seen worse then that and it makes everyone angry, No words can explain when you got a bud that has fallen or is in bad shape like that.. My regards.. In saying that, I am a bouncer, and will speak for the other doormen, bodyguards and bouncers when i say that was un-called-for.. There is a time and a place for everything, including a bar.. That is the most idiotic thing i have ever heard of someone uppercutting another in the back of the head? If you information is cocurrent, then somethign must be missing, It would take alot for anyone let alone a juicer to want to throw a cheap shot like that, knowing that he is going to suffer the conscequences... At our job, we deal with some pretty bad attitudes, usually the ones that get 'bounced' out or into a fight with staff, are usually asking for it.. I/we are there to keep everyone happy, everyone pleasant and everyone safe so everyone gets laid at the end of the night.. By no means are any of us looking for busting some ass.. If you do, then you have yours coming.. That is it, we don't take sh!t personal, we don't give a **** if you own the block, you come in respectable, and looking for a good time you going to get it.. You come in with a chip on your shoulder, your ego falling out of your pockets, and looking to cause trouble.. You will be asked to leave, and walked out, or you can always plan on leaving headfirst..

So in all respect, We already have a horrible billy-badass stereotype, I can honestly say the majority of bouncers/doormen are confident in what they do and very professional at their job. But there are always bad seeds that somehow weasle they're way into working for you..

Echo i'm sorry again.. bro

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    Im sorry to hear about the story. Bouncers do sometimes cross the line but you have to look at it from their point of view. They are entitled to protect the bar, the people in it and themselves. Sometimes they do go overboard and get out of hand but most bouncers I see usually ask the people being rowdy to leave then if they resist they use force.

Again, sorry to hear about that story.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Hey Bro I'm sorry to hear about your friend.
    On another note a lot of guys on here are going to jump your **** but I know what you are saying, maybe not saying it the right way but I know what you are saying.

If any of you have been or are currently a bouncer and can be honest with yourselves. This is more common than we would like to admit. We all have a fellow bouncer that has to be reigned in every week or so. He gets way to excited and his idea of breaking up a fight is to hurt the people involved. I know you will say he should not be a bouncer but I have have worked in and have been around more bouncers and bartenders than anything else in my life and these fellas have there place. I gues what I'm saying is don't act mightier than thou if you have been right there with them. I know I have and regret a couple of my choices.

Quote Originally Posted by mart651
    If any of you have been or are currently a bouncer and can be honest with yourselves. This is more common than we would like to admit. We all have a fellow bouncer that has to be reigned in every week or so. He gets way to excited and his idea of breaking up a fight is to hurt the people involved. I know you will say he should not be a bouncer but I have have worked in and have been around more bouncers and bartenders than anything else in my life and these fellas have there place.
    I agree mart, I'd like further contribute, the types of idiots that you are describing have no place working around people in the first place.. These guys that get excited the moment sh!t hits the fan are loose cannons and usually are the guys that get their ass kicked outside of work.. Violence in a bar, can be avoided with the right approach and tone.. People like this do not last in a good crew, they're let go fairly quick where i come from, because not only do they risk the saftey of people in the bar, but you can't trust your own life working next to them. You either have the skills or you don't, the security in a bar says a ton about the bar itself.. The popular bars that pay bouncers top dollar, and keep the big spenders coming in can see these bozos coming a mile away, and know when they're trouble the moment they introduce themselves.. I enjoy bouncing, and i enjoy when owners and managers compliment how my crew and i settle a situation...It's as simple as that, i speak from experience, and can honestly say i never "lost it" once on a customer in the 4 years and more then half a dozen bars/clubs i have worked.. I have taught brawlers that become brave in bars lessons, and cheerfully ignored other circumstances with no regrets.. Some people have too much to prove when they bounce, and this ultimately leads to a bad situation.. As far as this story about ur buddy echo, coming from a bouncer i am truthfully sorry, no man deserves that.. I'm curious to what started the incident in the first place?

Hey fellas,

They turned off Hooksey's life support last night and he passed on.

It definiately appears that the bouncer did take a cheap swing at him - only a minute or two after a fight had been broken up - the cops are laying further charges today.

I can't describe what I feel right now, it just hurts to lose a bloke like Hooksey - he tipified the Aussie attitiude and our sporting spirit. I remember all the times you would turn up at work the day after one of his match winning efforts and everyone would be saying the same thing - "Mate, did you see Hooksey last night?"

I wasn't fortunate enough to know him on a real personal level, we just met a couple of times through cricket - he didn't suffer fools gladly but was still real easy to like, and he would always say what he thought - I for one admired him - deeply.

See ya later mate...

P.S. I didn't mean to personally insult or piss off anyone who works as a bouncer, I realise that any of you that do this kind of job would probably constantly have to deal with dickheads full of beer and no fear, and that couldn't be easy...so if I offended you with my comments, I apologise.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    That's sucks... so sorry for your bro... not all bouncers are a-holes (RTB's seems ok)
    but I have known more than my share that are driven by ego for sure.

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    echo: Sorry I took offense to your post my brother. I didn't like reading his life had passed. I dont want my last words, in this post, to come out in disrespect for this mans soul.

monster: Very well put words in both posts. I can tell you are very professional and well trained. Nothings more worse to ruin a fun night is one of the crew to turn loose canon, prove something to himself, hurt someone, and turn the bar into a brawl.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Sorry for your loss bro.....may he RIP

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    i bounced for a little over six months at a strip club. during this time i was never involved in a fight. many people had to leave. took a gun from someone. and had pushed one guy. the person who hit hooksey has no place in that line of work. its the bouncers job to keep things peaceful. not add to the drama. im very sorry that you lost a bro/icon and im even sorrier it happened this way. AD

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by echobeach

Peace....Echo
    YEAH, AND FCUK YOU TOO PAL. An upper cut to the back of the head?, how in the name of jesus did someone manage that one. And now the guy is dead?, well 17 yrs experience working on doors has taught my that if the boot was on the other foot the bouncer would be dead. Well he won't be picking fights with the wrong guys again....

Monster, with all due respect to you bro. You don't sound too experienced in the job. I'm tired of scumbags pulling this **** with me, and each and everytime their suppose to be innocent. Sorry, but my approach is, I'm a resonable guy doing a sh*t assed job who wants to go home safe to my wife and children and the end of my shift, mess with me or my workmates and sufferd my wrath. (Read my sig). I want my family safe in the knowledge that I'll take no **** from anyone on the door and that its going to be one great mofo who's going to keep me from returning safe and well to them.

Now, an uppercut to the back of the head!. Well in all my yrs boxing and kickboxing I've never, ever seen an uppercut into the back of someone's head. I've kicked in my share, but you can bet your life the scumbag deserved it. I won't hessitate doing it again either.

I was working in a bar one night when one of my workmates got a glass in the face, know what I did. I ripped into the same fcukers with bottles and glass's. Then told the guys, if ever, EVER I'm assaulted like that, thats the action I want taken and if I ever wake up in hospital and hear some scumbag put me there and isn't at least lying beside me there'll be hell to play and the guys will never work a door in Ireland again.

Monster, like I said. Honestly I don't mean to show you any disrespect but my long service in this game has thought me everything I've wrote here.

KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    Most good bouncers avoid confrontation at all costs in my own experience. Theres always a few that like the go on a power trip, but ppl like that always get theirs.

Well Bouncer AKA Bouncer, I don't know if it would even matter to you or not but Hookesy did not "pick a fight with the wrong guy". He had stepped in and broke it up.

He was kinghit - by a bouncer - from behind; and it is clear that the bouncer hit him some time (one or tow minutes), after the initial incident had ended.

That sort of crap cannot be defended by any amount of macho chest beating - the bloke who did this is the scumbag mate! Not Hookesy!!!

He was out with HIS wife and some team members and THIER wives, they were celebrating the teams latest win, thats all...and now Hookesy's family is missing THEIR Husband and THEIR Father.

Yeah team wins are the worse, they always end up in fights.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Right on bouncer! If they want trouble they will ****ing get it!!!

Sorry for your loss echo.

By all means Bouncer aka Bouncer none taken... Like i said i havn't regretted anything i have done thus far.. I wasn't tooting my own horn but in 4 years and the bars and crowds and clubs i worked i have learned the two most important things:

Always watch your back, and always watch your crew's back.. I have been in the sh!t, when it is up to your knees.. One word comes to mind CHAOS.. punches flying bottles breaking, those hurt if you get caught with a bottle.. you don't know who ur knocking out, All out slug fests.. I can't recall specifics because its a blur... It happens the adrenaline kicks in for me and i focus..(i think i remember saying that before) i hear about it later.. Thats the god honest truth, When i say i never lost it with anyone, i've never deliberately pounded on anyone in the bar that caused trouble.. I do believe in teaching lessons, if a guy hurls a shot glass at a 110lbs bartender cause she's busy, and i saw that poor girl drop like a sack of potatos, lets say that paticular guy asked for it that night, I wouldn't be exaggerating when i say he never experienced pain like that before in his life.. I believe with the amount of experience that you have bouncer, you know where i'm coming from, You came correct by saying: it is a ****ty job, and no bouncer ever signs up for the money, i know i didn't, at first i made pennies.. The important part is safety, and saftey for your crew, my crew and myself are like a band of brothers, they know that i am always watching out for them, and the same goes for them.. thats number one.. Like i said there is a time and a place for everything.. I like your signature by the way i was going to mention that in the chatroom, i thought i did..but if i didn't those are words i live by also..

I'm sorry to hear about ur friend echo, as i stated earlier no man deserves that ever...

Ok everyone says that "no man deserves that" etc... But a bouncer doesn't need that stuff hanging over his head either. My biggest fear is that I accidently do the same to someone. And then because some scumbag wanted to have a go at me he's dead and I'm looking at a possible man slaughter charge and my family and job which I enjoy are messed up. NO bouncer deserves it either.

peaker is offline Senior Member
    mate the media here is OZ is blowing this up! the bouncer will have a X on his back now. everyone aussie sports fan knew hookesy, i would be **** scared if i was the bouncer, he is going to have the wrath of alot of people on his arse.

peaker is offline Senior Member
    echo, i heard that the bouncer chased him down the road?

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Well I read this whole thread through and some interesting points were made.

First, IMO we don't have enough information to really judge who was acting apprpriately in the situation. Was this guy involved in a fight with another patron inside the bar, a fight with a staff member, or breaking up a fight between other customers, or a breaking fight between staff members and another customer? These are all significantly different scenarios. It is unclear to me from what I read which applies to this incident. I will say though, if a person is f***ing (or has f***ed with in the moments prior) with a staff member in any way they are deserving any physical punishment they get on their way out the door. And it is definitely not wrong to hit someone in the back of the head given the right circumstances. If an unruly patron is assualting someone and I am behind him there is a good chance I would hit him in the back of the head at the base of the skull.....its an excellent KO spot. I guess it should be mentioned I am a doorman so that is lkely why I am biased in favour of doormen although I admit it's not a job for the wrong kinda person.

Again, more factual information is definitely needed to pass judgement in this case. Post more when this eventually goes to court.

Also worth noting is that it is possible that a person could have a pre-existing medical condition that resulted in their death when they were hit (ie bleeds etc).

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Also worth noting is that it is possible that a person could have a pre-existing medical condition that resulted in their death when they were hit (ie bleeds etc).
    True and evidence to how dangerus a blow to the head can be if you are unlucky.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    What's cricket?

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Whoever started this thread is just trying to start an argument here and if you truely wanna pay respect to someone you admired, you wouldnt associate his PASSING AWAY with insults on a selected group of people. You can start a thread saying how you respect him and wish him well and leave it at that. But since you are trying to pay your respects in this thread and two sentences later saying F this and F you if you are a bouncer, that is the wrong way of paying respect.
    You know the thread is gonna turn ugly. Why would you want that sorta of thread associated with someone you admire????

If you werent at the bar, dont spread speculation. Anything could have happened. If you have no idea of what happened, DONT PRETEND YOU WERE THERE and speculate that it was not his fault.

All groups have their feel of superiority. Highschool vs highschool, street vs street, hell even Sheriffs vs police.
    Once in their clique, they feel they can get away with anything. The drunks feel they can take the bouncers, the bouncers feel that is THEIR HOUSE.

I know a lot of bouncers and I honestly dont care for those friends attitudes. They have the advantage being their territory. Be smart and dont fu ck with bouncers unless you plan on going in and taking them out.

Do yourself a favor and lock your own thread cause you are trying to use the loss of someones life to BASH out against people and then have people feel sorry for you.

A sport...look it up.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    An insect that keeps you up at night cause it is trying to lure over some hot ass cricket chick to put his churper in.. Or I think it is some kind of knitting for blankets or something.

Berm, who's the asshole in your avatar ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    Berm, who's the asshole in your avatar ?

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    sorry to hear about that bro

Thread Information