PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin

"Believe in God" discussion

I know that the 2 things that should never be discussed is politics and religion, however I am really impressed so far with the way people are discussing religion in the other thread. I know that eventually someone is going to come along and be very extreme (this can work either way). I am asking permission from the members that the thread just be edited and offending posts be removed instead of the whole thing being deleted if this does happen. So far, correct me if I'm wrong, but no one seems to be trying to force anything on anyone else, and there hasn't been anyone who has just gone overboard with their comments. Just looking for everyone's opinion on this I guess. I know eventually that thread will probably drop off the board in the future either way.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    SOunds good to me Jason.....you da boss....

KeyMastur is offline VET
    yeah i haven't seen anyone try to push their belief towards anyone else....

most are just stating their opinions along with what they believe in.

now if everyone would just see that i really am GOD.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Although I haven't posted I've been reading every word of it. I'm studying Judaism with a view to converting so the thread is very interesting to me. And I too am impressed at how the thread is going. Politics, well thats a discussion here that just lets us all blow off some stream.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Yeah that's cool with me Jason... I'm glad so many people are enjoying it... Feel free to edit what you think is negative for the thread

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    now if everyone would just see that i really am GOD.
    You've been sniffing glue again haven't you.....

Cali is offline Female Member
    I don't get into those discussions either. I would think you should be allowed to use your judgement on any thread getting out of hand.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Well done. I haven't gotten into it much, but I think you're right. This is a topic that never settles well in large groups, but for some reason, everyone involved has been respectful of others and it's turned out to be a great discussion...

I fully support the policy...edit what you need to as a mod, but save the rest as it is a great discussion...

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    whatever Jason thinks is best.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I have no problems with anyone's beliefs as long as they believe in the samething as me! !!!!! Knee slapper eh.

Deffinately needs a good look over, this is a fire bomb subject, and it can lead to some serious ****.

SID

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    I too have been poppin in there reading away. I have been on other boards of other types and this not the first time I have seen a topic about religion get posted and almost every time, actually every time, except for this time, it has blown out of control. An extreme opinion, one way or another, enraged everyone into anger. I was expecting it this time also.

Props to the AR members maturity and proper debate in that thread. Goes to show the mentality of the click in here. LMR

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    ar is a great community and that is shown by the amount of respect that our members give to each other when dealing with these sensitive topics. but in the end jason, i think ou should do what is best for the board. if it does get out of hand take the thread out. but i doubt it will be a problem. I agree with roids, props to all the people who can respect other peoles points of views even if you dont agree with them.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Like I said previously it was def one of the better votes, with many of good opinions.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    It's ota with me.........like it really matters what I think.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I stay AWAY from the RELIGION threads. FAR AWAY.
    Politics is different for some reason. It just sucks me in.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Just abide by this rule...well all be fine.

"Religion is like a lift in everyones shoes...that's great! Just don't try to get me to wear your shoes."--George Carlin.

LM1332 Guest
    jesus had dreads

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I thought it was a mohawk.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    I know that I can make the ultimate decision, but I asked to get people's opinions on both sides of the issue. I don't know of a single religious discussion that has lasted because it usually turns into a flame war. With that being said, I have been so impressed by the maturity of the members on here. I know someone will come in there and ruin it, but as of right now, the maturity is unlike any that I have seen on any other message board (and that includes some message boards dedicated specifically to religion).

Alright, I just wanted to get other's opinions. It looks like this one might stick around for a while, as long as everyone keeps discussing it.

Thread Information