docflock is offline New Member

Muscle Magazines Are Rags!!!

For years I read magazines like Muscle & Fitness and Flex that week after contradicted themselves and offered ****ty advice. Not to mention the unbelievable amount of advertisements. I'm a straight guy, why would I want to look at pictures of bodybuilders in their underwear every month, I want to learn how to train right. Well, after 3 years now training, I'm starting to learn the right way to eat, train, and do gear. No thanks to muscle mags. Shame on you Joe Weider!!!

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    muscle magazines are basically vehicles for supplement companies, they are garbage in my opinion

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    muscle magazines are basically vehicles for supplement companies, they are garbage in my opinion
    I think you hit it on the head. I have a prescription to MF anf Flex. They both are only published to make money. They contradict themselves all the time. They give me something to do on my long trips in the bathroom. I have got a few good things out of them but not much.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i know we all love those 5 page "articles" on the revolution in pro bodybuilding, CELLTECH!!!!!!

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    i know we all love those 5 page "articles" on the revolution in pro bodybuilding, CELLTECH!!!!!!
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    muscletech made me who i am today! the sad thing is that it really did. muscletech sponsership???

Danielle is offline Female Member
    i dont know..........i actually like reading some of the articles in my boyfriends Muscular Development
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    They're useless in my eyes as well, The advertisments are ridiculous, some on rare occasions have decent informative articles, like the one about guy grundy when he was so hooked on nubain...lol... Everything you usually can find out is on the internet..

Gearhead007 is offline Associate Member
    Aw Snit,

I hate to sound corny, but now that I've found AR, I'll never look at one of those phucked up Hollywood muscle mags again.

Thanks AR!

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Some of them do have some useful information. You just have to plow your way through all the bull**** to get to it. They definitely aren't worth the time and money though, because it's usually 2 pages of good information out of a 200 page magazine.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    the only good book is muscular development and thats only because of the pictures of the girls that are nearly naked, in terms of info, they are garbage, AR would be ur best bet.......

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont care for none of those books. I grew up on buying muscle magazines using my allowance as kid. Fascinated by the lie I could get that big oh so naturally if I took the same supps and train like they did. What a bunch of bullcrapola. Books are all about lies to make money off the ignorant wannabe's. You have to come to boards with real information and the truth to grow like AR.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    You can find much better technical and scientific information in books and on the net you can find video's of every exercise as well as complete and up to date
    AS info and advice. But 95% of magazines are just that, a good intro read for a newb.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Flex is a good Magazine if you are into competition bodybuilding.

TOMMY-GUNN is offline Associate Member
    i would never in my life subscribe to any of the mags......Muscular Development has some good aspects to it. Its just too bad that supplement companies pret much own it! I gotta admit i am a fan of Rambling Freak article. Gotta love the broads too, although the latest issue (i think) the model is wearing an uncharacteristically great deal of clothes. the girl who has the boxing gloves on in her spread. good thing she is soooooo h

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    - GAL -->

Thread Information