Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member

Bands you are SICK of hearing

Just got back from the store, was skimming the radio, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I am SO sick of a few bands that have been rammed down my throat since I was a kid and called "classic".

So here's my partial list, in no particular order:

-Pink Floyd....if ever there was an overrated band, this one is it. I hear this crap and just want to drag a razor across my wrists. Did they do ONE song that wasn't about how bad life sucks and isn't worth living? It just grates me.

-Led Zepplin...ok these guys were -somewhat- innovative in the early 70s. It's 2004, let it go. Stairway to Heaven has been done. To death. And undeath and beyond. Move along please.....

-Ozzy Osbourne....I like Ozzy. I grew up on Ozzy. But if I hear Crazy Train one more time, I'm takin hostages. This guy had WAY more good tunes than freakin Crazy Train. Play something else, please.

-AC/DC...once again, I love em...up to about the mid 80s. But they had more songs than You Shook me All Night Long, and that's the only one I ever hear. For those About to Rock was good, but no play....all kinds of stuff on HTH, but only Highway to Hell ever gets played, and it's only once a year or so. WTF?

-Nirvana...Kurt Cobain is dead, let it go. That "new" unreleased one they keep playing to death for the last year or so? Clue: it was unreleased for a reason.

-Nickelback....god, shoot me. Please. No more.

Just a few. This isn't the "overrated" thread necessarily, but stuff that has been played WAY more than it should have. Any suggestions to the list? Comments? F yous?

-LH

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    i hear what your saying. Most the bands they play on the radio have tons of songs id rather hear. Altho i love most the bands you listened to. You might find if you listen to there stuff thats not played on the radio you may appreciate them more.Pink floyds "the wall" is an amazing album . If you listen to the entire album start to end its like listening to a story of someone losing there mind.
    Heres my mini list of overplayed ****

Jethro tull - aqua lung
    Rage aginst the machine - almost all there hits
    Pearl jam - jeremy

many many more
    Last edited by RageControl; 01-17-2004 at 11:27 PM.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I hate all of the rap bullcrap...and the brittany spears crud..
    Brittany Spears
    J-Lo
    Justin Timberlake
    Backstreetboys
    Godsmack--I like the band, but if i hear VOODOO again i'll go nuts..

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    dang..voodoo is MY song...i listen to it before lifting, during cardio and when i'm stressed out...seems to pick the desired mood and put me right in it...

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Anything Rap

Quote Originally Posted by kc
    dang..voodoo is MY song...i listen to it before lifting, during cardio and when i'm stressed out...seems to pick the desired mood and put me right in it...
    Oh I like the song too kc....just not when I hear it 4 times on the radio on all the other rock stations at once.

Quote Originally Posted by RageControl
    i hear what your saying. Most the bands they play on the radio have tons of songs id rather hear. Altho i love most the bands you listened to. You might find if you listen to there stuff thats not played on the radio you may appreciate them more.Pink floyds "the wall" is an amazing album . If you listen to the entire album start to end its like listening to a story of someone losing there mind.
    Heres my mini list of overplayed ****

Jethro tull - aqua lung
    Rage aginst the machine - almost all there hits
    Pearl jam - jeremy

many many more
    Haha

I had the wall on vinyl bro

And yes, it's DEFINITELY the story of someone losing thier mind. Hell I almost lost mine listening to it repeatedly. The movie? Even worse, that's one time I'm glad I wasn't on acid. I would not have survived it.

It's just.....depressing.

Oh yeah, I hear ya on Jethro Tull. BTW, how the HELL does Jethro Tull win a grammy for "heavy metal band" over Metallica (pre-commercial sellout)?

-LH

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually not a band but the rap music. Hardcore rap stuff. Enough already. It was cool through out the 90's. Why is it when Im watching MTV I feel like im on BET now?

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    true with the rap stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyRoids
    Actually not a band but the rap music. Hardcore rap stuff. Enough already. It was cool through out the 90's. Why is it when Im watching MTV I feel like im on BET now?
    Yeah, I have to admit, I never liked it at ALL, and I was hoping it would die out like disco. Fast and brutally. But, I guess not. Yay.

Oh, and Nsync and all the commercial pop vomit that's being rammed down everyone's throat.....do you know that the record producers said, and this is a direct quote, that they were marketed specifically to young teen girls and gays? Like the Village People wasn't? Good god.

-LH

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    Lord....... I'll agree with you on pink floyd.. I ****ing hate them... wish you were here, comfortably numb and maybe shine on you crazy diamond were good songs.. other than that they have like 15 albums of turd..... and people read into them WAY too much.. for **** sakes people say that pinkF has changed there lives... AWFUL band.... with AWFUL cult following .. I think the whole **** behind all their songs is unintentialnal and pink F has just rode the hype to millions.. of course they woudln't stand up and say ""hey no... its just music no story behind it or inigma!!"
    i disagree on Led Zepplin and Nirvana ...... yes they have soem songs that are WAY WAY over played that I could stand to get a break from.... but ****.. turn off the radio and pop in one of their albums..

Rap must go... especially that tough guy wannabe gangsta bull...gawwwd enough already!

And of course Céline Dion HAS to go! 'nuff said!

Red

I do have a few pink floyd songs on my comp... one of the best is "time" done by the london philharmonic orchestra... great version... they also did a kick ass version of paint it black and a few metalica songs
    worth a listen

Well, at the risk of sounding like a heretic, other than The Wall, I am not really a fan of most of pink floyds work. Momentary Lapse Of Reason had some decent tunes, but everything else just leaves me cold.

The Wall I love... it's original, it's good shiet, and it's pretty catchy.

Red

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    all rap crap, SEAN PAUL i hope he will die in a car accident soon... all dance music, i cant stand this crap anymore....

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Well, at the risk of sounding like a heretic, other than The Wall, I am not really a fan of most of pink floyds work. Momentary Lapse Of Reason had some decent tunes, but everything else just leaves me cold.

The Wall I love... it's original, it's good shiet, and it's pretty catchy.

Red
    your such a dinosaur... j/k

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Pink Floyd rules. Gotta be in the mood though. I am sick of all boy bands, Britney, Madonna, AC/DC Celine Dion, and many other.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyRoids
    Exactly..that's all they ****ing play!!! And what pisses me off MORE THEN ANYTHING, is when they cancelled MTV-X and threw on MTV-JAM...UN****ING BELIEVABLE!!!

bigdog81 is offline Member
    if i have to hear that **** clay akins fella again im gonna shoot myself in the face.
    i hear that **** everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog81
    if i have to hear that **** clay akins fella again im gonna shoot myself in the face.
    i hear that **** everywhere
    Oh man, I despise that guy. I depsise the show he came from even more. I'd love to give him a root canal with a .45!

-LH

Gilster is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humungous
    Just got back from the store, was skimming the radio, and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I am SO sick of a few bands that have been rammed down my throat since I was a kid and called "classic".

So here's my partial list, in no particular order:

-Pink Floyd....if ever there was an overrated band, this one is it. I hear this crap and just want to drag a razor across my wrists. Did they do ONE song that wasn't about how bad life sucks and isn't worth living? It just grates me.

-Led Zepplin...ok these guys were -somewhat- innovative in the early 70s. It's 2004, let it go. Stairway to Heaven has been done. To death. And undeath and beyond. Move along please.....

-Ozzy Osbourne....I like Ozzy. I grew up on Ozzy. But if I hear Crazy Train one more time, I'm takin hostages. This guy had WAY more good tunes than freakin Crazy Train. Play something else, please.

-AC/DC...once again, I love em...up to about the mid 80s. But they had more songs than You Shook me All Night Long, and that's the only one I ever hear. For those About to Rock was good, but no play....all kinds of stuff on HTH, but only Highway to Hell ever gets played, and it's only once a year or so. WTF?

-Nirvana...Kurt Cobain is dead, let it go. That "new" unreleased one they keep playing to death for the last year or so? Clue: it was unreleased for a reason.

-Nickelback....god, shoot me. Please. No more.

Just a few. This isn't the "overrated" thread necessarily, but stuff that has been played WAY more than it should have. Any suggestions to the list? Comments? F yous?

-LH
    Hey! I love those songs all of them....lol...I grew up with most of those in the mid 70's. I do have to agree tho they are played way to much.

Here is another that gets WAY to much play time,

Eagles.....Hotel California....I get in a foul mood everytime I hear it now. I have heard it a million times already...let it go. If I go into a bar and I see it on the juke box, I have actually put a paper on the juke saying...."take a look at the big angry guy at the end of the bar. If you play Hotel California by the Eagles he will wait for you outside all night if he has toso he can hurt you, so don't even think about it." First of all if I even bother to go into a bar I am not in a good mood. That song can push me over the top.

bigdog81 is offline Member
    and all the radio stations play the same songs over and over again...like we didnt hear it the first million times they played it

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Well someone please shoot the real slim shady???????????

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Well its not that bad now, but Right Thurr used to drive me crazy.

Other than that, they consistently overplay "December" by the crows every december.

Oh and xmas music drives me crazy, and my mom loves it, never fun car rides. Except TSO rocks.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Majority of Top 40 crap( ...(insert name of R&B/rapper here) is terribly over played

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    Grateful Dead tops my overrated garbage. I even used to smoke quite a bit and it still did not ever really appeal.

Eagles blow. Is that even rock? "Take it eeeeesay. Take it eeeeeeeesay." Kill them!

Please no more Blink 182, or Matchbox 20. I would hate to have the moral dilemma of them in the crosswalk in front of my car at a stoplight. My foot would feel awfully heavy.

Pretty much any band that acts badass but you can clearly see they are a bunch of punkass wannabees.

I always remember that they very guys who people idolize while they are famous were the band dorks that people picked on in junior high. Look close and you can see it in their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog81
    and all the radio stations play the same songs over and over again...like we didnt hear it the first million times they played it
    Thats why I don't listen to radio!!!

Any top 40 tune is in heavy rotation, which for most radio stations means they're playing it every 3 hours... thats obscene!

Red

TOMMY-GUNN is offline Associate Member
    For all those Canadians.....how bad are all the sh itty Canadian bands we have to listen to???? they all sound like shi tty nickelback.........the sad thing is that there are some incredible Canadian bands....just nothing like the **** you hear on the radio.

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    If I hear that jason mraz sing some more **** song, life will be over for me. I can't stand him

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    all rap crap, SEAN PAUL i hope he will die in a car accident soon... all dance music, i cant stand this crap anymore....

lol....i agree with you on the sean paul ****...........next time, i hear that reggae bull****, im gonna break my radio........but the dance music, ill never get tried of that........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    all rap crap, SEAN PAUL i hope he will die in a car accident soon

LMFAOOOOOOOOOO

cascade is offline Junior Member
    There's about 2% rap played on the radio. That's all the underground music. Do you mean that or Hip-Hop?

Personaly I can't stand too much tecno, punk bands, or underground rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mu'min
    Pretty much any band that acts badass but you can clearly see they are a bunch of punkass wannabees.

I always remember that they very guys who people idolize while they are famous were the band dorks that people picked on in junior high. Look close and you can see it in their faces.
    Black Crows. Nuff said. I HATE them.

-LH

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Yeah hang Matchbox 20.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Pearl Jam, I cant stand that band, Eddie vettor is a tool

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    The dead kennedy's.................
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I only listen to talk radio, Mon-Fri 7am-9pm. On the weekends, I'll pop a CD in if I'm going anywhere

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Don't really have any to complain about. I'm like Red, I quit listening to radio a long time back.

KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    The ****ty queer wanna be hard ass **** that all the kids here crank at the gym same **** every day and act hard to it. All disturbed, linkin park, staind, limp bizkit. They need to be burned and eaten.

swollen members.. that little turd for a lead singer needs his ass beat...

Missy Elliot.... shes sick but she s thinks shes the ****.. that pisses me off.. I don;t want to see u shake ur fat ass on my TV while u rap saying guys want you cause ur the ****..

Thread Information