View Poll Results: Please be honest. You may choose more than one answer. Answers are confidential!

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • I know someone that is gay.

32 50.79%
  • I am gay.

7 11.11%
  • I know someone that is bisexual.

19 30.16%
  • I am bisexual.

4 6.35%
  • I am an athlete or have been an athlete on an organized sports team.

30 47.62%
  • I DO NOT accept homosexuals

19 30.16%
  • I have thought about it, but too scared to say anything to anyone.

3 4.76%
  • I am always on the look-out to see if a guy is watching me while I am working out.

7 11.11%
  • I am too scared to shower due to the fact that someone may look at me.

1 1.59%
  • I am willing to support anyone that needs to talk about homosexuality.

22 34.92%
  • I dont hate people who have sex with the same gender but I still think what they do is very wrong

19 30.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    LSU Jimbeaux is offline New Member

Thumbs up Gay Lifters, Gay Athletes and Gay Members - College Athletes and Homosexuality

I first of all want to say that this is a very hard subject for me to talk about, but I feel as though there are many of you out there that may be in the same shoes as I or actually know someone what is.

I am a college athlete completing my last year of eligibility. Within the last few years I have come to the conclusion and accepted the fact that I am attracted to some guys. I do not consider myself 'gay, bisexual or curious.' I am just myself. Labels are just a form of judgement.

Anyway, getting to my point...Having an attraction to guys and being an athlete is probably one of the most difficult things to deal with in your life. I am a premed student with a 4.0 gpa, but lately the stress of having to hide things from my best friends (my teammates) and my family have really caused my academics to slip a little.

I often wonder just how many guys out there are like me. It really would be nice to be able to just talk to people who understand what I am going through. It would also be great to talk to people who may not be like myself, but understand and want to talk.

It is really sad that there are people out there that are so against homosexuality, that they have killed or want to kill....We can not control these feelings. Believe me, if I had control over this, I would not feel like this at all....

I appreciate any and all comments!
    Last edited by LSU Jimbeaux; 02-03-2004 at 09:27 PM.

LSU Jimbeaux is offline New Member
    Please post any comments you have....I would appreciate it if you could tell everyone to take a look at this post and give a true honest opinion.

Mach500 is offline New Member

There are WAY more than you would ever think!

Ok, first of all, let me tell you, I know EXACTLY what you are feeling right now. And take it from me, there are a lot of guys out there that feel the same way. I used to think I was the only person on earth that felt this way. I was wrong. There are a lot of them.
    I also envisioned it as being this HUGE, and scary 'problem.' It's not. It just feels that way, because you feel alone in it. There are guys that like guys everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE! I think a lot of people know you didn't choose it. And if they DO think you chose it, well that just shows how little they know on the subject, and that should be taken into account, when listening to any type of 'off the wall' and rude ass comment they may have.

You'll be alright, it isn't nearly as big and 'bad' as it seems. Keep your head up.

-J
    Last edited by Mach500; 02-03-2004 at 07:45 PM.

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    its sad that "i do not accept homosexuals" is even an option, its even more sad that a minority voted that way. tolerance people!

tarantinomule is offline New Member
    I came to the conclusion that I might have an alternate sexual preference at an early age. It wasn't until later on I found out that by alternate it meant both. I must admit it still troubles me at times, knowing that even among all my accepting straight friends, I'm still even that little bit different, and as a result am still looked at differently.

Keeping my experience in mind, I offer an open ear to anyone who finds any trouble accepting themselves for who they are. I find being able to converse about these things freely makes accepting them a whole lot easier.

peregrine is offline Junior Member
    i can look at a guy and know he's good looking but that doesnt mean i wanna f*ck him. is that what your saying? or are you saying you wanna serve it up in the wrong hole?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by peregrine
    i can look at a guy and know he's good looking but that doesnt mean i wanna f*ck him. is that what your saying? or are you saying you wanna serve it up in the wrong hole?
    haha. this reply was too funny.

i'm not gay, and i don't have a problem with homosexuals - until they hit on me.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    haha. this reply was too funny.

i'm not gay, and i don't have a problem with homosexuals - until they hit on me.
    i admit it too....i laughed when i read it

TOMMY-GUNN is offline Associate Member
    peregrine, hilar post buddy.....u made this post worth my read forsh

Why does there nearly always seem to be someone who has some smart ass comment to say, that doesn't have to do with the topic at hand? I don't want or need to log onto this site, and have some rude, irrelevant, and ignorant comment like that. Please get that off. I really like this site, I think posts like this bring down the quality.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by peregrine

LOL!!

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    I voted number 6

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    I voted number 6

Same here, bro

TOMMY-GUNN is offline Associate Member
    pal...take it easy it was a funny line...lighten up

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach500
    Why does there nearly always seem to be someone who has some smart ass comment to say, that doesn't have to do with the topic at hand? I don't want or need to log onto this site, and have some rude, irrelevant, and ignorant comment like that. Please get that off. I really like this site, I think posts like this bring down the quality.
    wow, hey we all have our own opinions about things...who gives a ****? I don't care about gays, nor would I ever associate myself with them so why does that offend you? Or I could be a flaming homo, I love guy's asses, would that be better ? There are two sides to every story my friend...so go wwwaaaaa to some where else. it was a joke plain and simple

It would be different if you guys came on to post something positive, instead of putting your judgement on top of what has been said.

This was a serious post...... "Having an attraction to guys and being an athlete is probably one of the most difficult things to deal with in your life. I am a premed student with a 4.0 gpa, but lately the stress of having to hide things from my best friends (my teammates) and my family have really caused my academics to slip a little....It really would be nice to be able to just talk to people who understand what I am going through. It would also be great to talk to people who may not be like myself, but understand and want to talk....It is really sad that there are people out there that are so against homosexuality, that they have killed or want to kill....We can not control these feelings. Believe me, if I had control over this, I would not feel like this at all...."

Why would I feel any differently? I still think what you guys said was extremely inappropriate. Did you guys even read the post??? You wouldn't have said those rude things if the guy had posted pics of himself, and you were telling him what you thought of his progress. But you are more than willing to be critical here. All I'm saying is, think about what you are posting, that kind of stuff is really offensive to a lot of people. You guys are just trying to be 'witty' or rude, or whatever. It probably doesn't make a **** of a difference either way (as one guy already said) but it sure does to anyone who is dealing with it. Such as this person.

Let me take the most sensitive area of your life, and make fun of it. Your wife or girlfriend leave you? Your father beat you as a child? Inability to pleasure a woman in bed? Spent all your money on boozes and got your trailer home wheeled away from you?
    Last edited by Mach500; 02-04-2004 at 02:20 AM.

I have no earthly desire to communicate nor to assoiate with homosexuals. I feel it is not "right" . I do not want my children asking me: "Daddy why is that guy kissing another guy? Or Daddy why is that woman kissing another girl?" I do not want any part of that "lifestyle".......To tell you the truth it is good that people keep it a "secret" because to be honest I and a lot of other Americans really do not want to know your sexual preference.

Mach500 you PMed me earlier tonight asking for pictures of my pectorials, quads, and upper shoulders?........WTF is that? I do not want a homosexual man looking at pictures of me. No Offence but that is just the way i feel and i would appreciate it if you wouldnt PM me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    I have no earthly desire to communicate nor to assoiate with homosexuals. I feel it is not "right" . I do not want my children asking me: "Daddy why is that guy kissing another guy? Or Daddy why is that woman kissing another girl?" I do not want any part of that "lifestyle".......To tell you the truth it is good that people keep it a "secret" because to be honest I and a lot of other Americans really do not want to know your sexual preference.

Mach500 you PMed me earlier tonight asking for pictures of my pectorials, quads, and upper shoulders?........WTF is that? I do not want a homosexual man looking at pictures of me. No Offence but that is just the way i feel and i would appreciate it if you wouldnt PM me anymore.

Well, this probably ought to be handled off the main board. But if you remember, I told you I was trying to have a civil conversation with you about lifting. I saw what you had written, and instead of getting angry, I told you I wanted to be nice. And I asked if you had a pic of your pectorals and upper shoulders, (the front of your body) because the only picture you had been of your BACK. You are 279lb. 5'11". That is VERY impressive. I told you I was impressed by that, I hoped it would be a compliment. Guess not.

Why are you so freaked out? Why do you think that just because I'm gay, means I would like you? Don't flatter yourself dude. Just like if a girl likes guys, doesn't mean she is attracted to you.
    -This is exactly the type of knee jerk reaction that shocks me.-

"To tell you the truth it is good that people keep it a "secret" because to be honest I and a lot of other Americans really do not want to know your sexual preference."

You think it is a wrong, so therefore I should conform to what you want, so it isn't a 'burden' to you. 'To hell with your life and way of being, the only thing that matters is my thoughts and my life.'

Well, that might be ideal for you, but this is the real world, and unfortunately there are all sorts of different kinds of people on this earth, whether you like it or not. You might think that Black people need to go back into the kitchen, instead of sitting in the front of the restaurant too.

This is where the idea that we 'flaunt our sexuality' comes from. If he saw any guy or girl holding hands with the same gender, he would be saying 'why do they have to flaunt their sexuality?' I don't complain about you holding your girlfriend's hand, or kissing her in public. Why? Because I'm ok with that. You aren't hurting me, and frankly, I respect it.

If you don't like it, turn your back. If you don't like this post, don't read it or post in it. If you don't like that we live around you, get used to it.
    Why dilute yourself, thinking we are trying to 'crowd' your life. We are simply trying to live ours, and I'm SOOO sorry to inconvenience your life. And I'm SO sorry you have to be 'real' with your child and explain that there are different kinds of people in this world. Different colors, different cultures, different languages, different tastes and different desires.

I'd watch what I say, you might just end up with a little 'homo.'

-J

The experts DO say it runs genetically in the family.

LOL, just dont PM me anymore asking for my pictures and we will be just fine.

"The experts DO say it runs genetically in the family." well then my children will have nothing to worry about, because I LOVE the VAGINA.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Because that is part of the culture of this board...

Alot of good information is given, and shared... you and your friends are bringing up a subject that we could care less about..

If i said i like to have sex with animals or that i am a member of Mamba (?) who's moto is "Sex after 8 is too late" and that i love to do it with children...

It is still a sexual preferenece..

No one cares............... You make it the issue by bringing it up all the time.. I understand Homosexuality, my brother is gay, i have gay friends.. stop telling people you are GAy............. again.. we don't care...........

If you put info out like that on this board you will be taunted, flamed, and ridiculed.. guess what... there are gay boards where you are loved and accepted for what you chossen to be.. go there if you don't like what you are getting here...............

Peace

The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    No one cares............... You make it the issue by bringing it up all the time.. I understand Homosexuality, my brother is gay, i have gay friends.. stop telling people you are GAy............. again.. we don't care......
    bingo.

cane4ever used to come on here. great guy, but everyone would get pissed when he would start saying he was gay. we could care less that he was, but when he made it a point to tell everyone and show everyone that he was, that's when things got out of hand. you can be gay. i'll accept that. but don't come on here saying "i'm gay, and you guys aren't treating me right because i am" or some bull**** like that.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    thanks key.... i might have sounded like i was ranting.. but, i started to respond to this thread like 3 times, and i had had enough.......... you said what i was trying to...

thanks..
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    bingo.

cane4ever used to come on here. great guy, but everyone would get pissed when he would start saying he was gay. we could care less that he was, but when he made it a point to tell everyone and show everyone that he was, that's when things got out of hand. you can be gay. i'll accept that. but don't come on here saying "i'm gay, and you guys aren't treating me right because i am" or some bull**** like that.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I disagree. Plenty of guys start threads talking about what chick they railed last night and the thread will go on for pages. They're not flamed for it. These guys have just as much right to start a thread talking about what guy they railed. You can't say just because you disagree with it you have a right to mouth off or flame them for saying it. If you don't accept homosexuality or you disagree with it. Skip the thread, don't post.

This guy stating that he is gay is just the same as you expressing your heterosexuality. No one tells you or me to STFU about it.

Yes, peregrine was joking. But I do feel the comment was a little inappropriate. People make jokes about things they fear or do not understand. You're making light of something LSU Jimbeaux and Mach500 feel very strongly about.

Personally, I could careless who is gay, straight, bisexual or whatever. You want to express yourself and talk about it? It doesn't bother me.

5 people voted: "I am always on the look-out to see if a guy is watching me while I am working out."

That **** cracks me up. Why do you care? Paranoid much? When I go to the gym, I go there to get big. I don't waste my time wondering who is watching me.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    ohhh shiet....here we go again!!

Let's just really get things stirred up: Bush is the best President ever! or...Democrats suck!! There...now we can have a big ol arguement over someone not getting treated "the same" even though they are different.

peace,

ttgb

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    ohhh shiet....here we go again!!

Let's just really get things stirred up: Bush is the best President ever! or...Democrats suck!! There...now we can have a big ol arguement over someone not getting treated "the same" even though they are different.

peace,

ttgb
    I think that's called flame baiting.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Bottomline... if people were homosexual - human kind would fail to exist.

To all his own - but I just love the curves of a woman, the breasts, the lips, the tush and a nice wet... poonany I just don't understand it... the female body is just so frickin' attractive, I can't see how a man could find another man attractive - but to all his own I guess... I have had guys hit on me before - and it don't bother me... unless they pursued it - then I let them know I can beat them like a man till they get the hint that I don't go that way I mean, it fuks up my game if some dude is making passes on me while I am looking for WOMEN...

I have no sexual interest in my male friends whatsoever - but I ain't going to tell other people how they should live there lives... as long as they don't have a negative impact on my life or harming my family/friends in anyway - whateva...

mike4820 is offline New Member
    I got an idea from my military days.
    "Dont ask and dont tell".

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Bottomline... if people were homosexual - human kind would fail to exist.
    I see homosexuality as natures way of doing population control. If you think about it. It's logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    as long as they don't have a negative impact on my life or harming my family/friends in anyway - whateva...
    That's pretty much my feeling on the subject.
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 02-04-2004 at 10:07 AM.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    population control....carlos, that's a new one on me...that's pretty dam funny...don't know if you were trying to be funny or not, but that cracked me up!!

peace,

ttgb

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think homosexuality is a mental illness. I do not acceot it.

...And it is my God given right as an American to have my own opinion so please keep the flamining to yourselves. After all, you did ask for our opinions/commens.

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    i dont care if you are gay. have fun. and dont be stressed out and let your grades slip just because you are questioning yourself. keep yourself busy if your idle time makes you think about things that strees you out. peace. AD

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    population control....carlos, that's a new one on me...that's pretty dam funny...don't know if you were trying to be funny or not, but that cracked me up!!

peace,

ttgb
    No joke. I am dead serious.

Think about it. If everyone in the world is straight and having multiple children how quickly would we run out of space and resources. I think that's why some people are born infertile and some are born gay. Nature/evolution controlling population growth.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i played basketball and ran track in college

we made all the incoming recruits suck our dicks in a large circle at mid-court first day on campus.we weren't gay.it's just hazing!!!

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    we made all the incoming recruits suck our dicks in a large circle at mid-court first day on campus.we weren't gay.it's just hazing!!!
    just cause he sucks my dick doesnt mean im gay!!! j/k

Question

Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc

Haha, huh?

Haha, huh?
    It's hard to explain partyboynyc. He's what we call "special."

Guys, please read and 'weigh' what I post.

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    Because that is part of the culture of this board...

Alot of good information is given, and shared... you and your friends are bringing up a subject that we could care less about..

If i said i like to have sex with animals or that i am a member of Mamba (?) who's moto is "Sex after 8 is too late" and that i love to do it with children...

It is still a sexual preferenece..

No one cares............... You make it the issue by bringing it up all the time.. I understand Homosexuality, my brother is gay, i have gay friends.. stop telling people you are GAy............. again.. we don't care...........

If you put info out like that on this board you will be taunted, flamed, and ridiculed.. guess what... there are gay boards where you are loved and accepted for what you chossen to be.. go there if you don't like what you are getting here...............

Peace

If the topic is something you couldn't care less about, skip over it. Really. There are a lot of topics I am not interested in reading on the board. I don't read it.

The association you are talking about is called NAMBLA. And if you knew enough about it, you would also know the National organization of Gays and Lesbians, in no ways supports that organization. In fact, any organization that supports NAMBLA will lose its 'Membership Status.' That isn't two consenting adults. That's a positive way of saying 'molestation.'

And with your brother. Honestly, I feel sorry for your brother. Because I am sure that with what you have said here, you aren't very supportive of him. A true brother cares about his brother, and is sincerely interested in him (all of him.) If you knew him well enough, you would know it isn't a 'sexual preference.' Just like I would say you being straight is just a 'preference.' When did you choose to be straight? Exactly. It's a two way street bro.

]"If you put info out like that on this board you will be taunted, flamed, and ridiculed...” Hey, I'm sorry, but that isn't just 'ok' with me. I'm not intentionally hurting you. You aren't supposed to 'flame' anyway. I think I should be able to post something as valid as this, and have people be respectful. People say gays ask for 'special' rights. I'm just asking to be treated like an equal, instead of being 'taunted, flamed, and ridiculed.' I honestly don't understand why people don't see that.

Yes, there are organizations that are very 'gay and proud' and 'flaunt' it. I do know they exist. But, look at the whole picture. They are doing it, to try to have people realize we are all around you. The gays you would normally hear about would be the select few that got arrested having sex in a public restroom. What you don't realize, is we are your team mates, your accountants, your lawyers, your doctors, your mechanics, and sometimes your lifting buddies. They are doing it, because otherwise no laws against killing a 'Gay' would exist. No laws against beating a Gay guy up because you just don't like him, would exist. No laws against hanging a 'fag' on a wood post to freeze to death would exist. You guys look at it from the view point that, 'Oh, well it is annoying!' People like us have the view point, 'I want to be able to live my life without the constant fear that I'm going to be killed, or beat up.' If you think about it, is pretty much the 'universally' accepted prejudice.
    It's hard to say what it is like, until you have walked in our shoes. That isn't being the victim that is being honest.

Why do I feel like the only one that 'GETS' that?

-J

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    It's hard to explain partyboynyc. He's what we call "special."
    By the way, Carlos. Is that pic in your heading you? If so, great Triceps.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information