Stove is offline Associate Member

Pissed off at the gym, I agree.... but...

I lift at Gold's in Dover Delaware, and let me tell you, the music is terrible. Ima get an mp3 player soon.

I have to say, years ago I was in the gym with a friend and we decided to see how much weight we could squat. (neither of us lifted seriously) we started with 225 and kept adding 45's after one rep. He did 405 once, with bad form and not all the way down. I then did 495 the same way, with terrible form. We did not realize the danger we were getting ourselves into, I wanted to try 500, then this guy who looked like Hulk Hogan walked over to me and said, " you are lifting way to much weight, you should be squatting 225 for reps, I don't want to see either of you boys get hurt." I thanked him and listened to his advice.

What I am trying to say is this guy was a pro lifter, and he still talked to us like we were family. I think it is important to be a good role model to younger inexperienced people in the gym. He really helped us out, and saved us from possible injury, I will never forget that.

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    If i see someone in the gym that looks halfway dedicated i will help them best i can . But what most will complain about are the assholes who just take up space..

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    so...... was it hulk hogan?

ya bro.. I try to ALWAYS help people out in the gym.. even if I overhear someone saying "How can i do this?" I'll pipe in and say something.

it wasn't the Hulkster, would have been cool if it were, this was in '84 He was still huge then. I have hung out a few times with Diamond Jack Hogan in Jillian's Annapolis years back....

Glad to hear you are a positive influence in the gym. Keep it up!

ooops, I mean '94.....

Da Bull is offline Banned
    If I see a novice doing something wrong and I have a min in between reps I'll show the person the proper form and all the time the ppl are very thankful.....when I was young training at Golds I had guys show me the ins and outs so I'm just following their foot steps...I was always very grateful these guys took a min to correct me,and I too never forgot that

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Would you guys be upset if you were a newbie and a woman helped you with bad form? Where I work out we get a LOT of young sailors that have NO clue and I've seen serious injuries in the making...so I give them tips. Some are cool with it....others give me the I can't believe a chick is telling ME how to lift weights look. Forget my arms are bigger and better developed than theirs are.

Just curious.

Sorry to hijack thread.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    Would you guys be upset if you were a newbie and a woman helped you with bad form? Where I work out we get a LOT of young sailors that have NO clue and I've seen serious injuries in the making...so I give them tips. Some are cool with it....others give me the I can't believe a chick is telling ME how to lift weights look. Forget my arms are bigger and better developed than theirs are.

Just curious.

Sorry to hijack thread.
    If you look like your avatar he!l NO.......I'll even let ya train me j/j girl

LOL Hmmm well...not quite...but I'm getting there. Minus the red hair...I'm a brunette
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    I do give people advice, but I go in there to work, and once you give somebody advice, I feel like the never will shut the f uck up... U know everytime ur in their they r just bull ****ing with you, it would be different if they were asking actual questions.....

LOL Hmmm well...not quite...but I'm getting there. Minus the red hair...I'm a brunette
    Good brunette works much better for me

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    I would take the advice from a woman.. What do you say when they decline? You should be like "If you knew how to train, I wouldn't be making a fool out of you, Your form stinks like burning garbage" LOL

jbol is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stove
    I lift at Gold's in Dover Delaware, and let me tell you, the music is terrible. Ima get an mp3 player soon.

I have to say, years ago I was in the gym with a friend and we decided to see how much weight we could squat. (neither of us lifted seriously) we started with 225 and kept adding 45's after one rep. He did 405 once, with bad form and not all the way down. I then did 495 the same way, with terrible form. We did not realize the danger we were getting ourselves into, I wanted to try 500, then this guy who looked like Hulk Hogan walked over to me and said, " you are lifting way to much weight, you should be squatting 225 for reps, I don't want to see either of you boys get hurt." I thanked him and listened to his advice.

What I am trying to say is this guy was a pro lifter, and he still talked to us like we were family. I think it is important to be a good role model to younger inexperienced people in the gym. He really helped us out, and saved us from possible injury, I will never forget that.
    i lift at the golds in omaha and now they have videos with their music(and it still sucks)

What the hell am I saying ???When I have a gram of test running through me I'll take advice from an 80yr old bag lady

Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    I would take the advice from a woman.. What do you say when they decline? You should be like "If you knew how to train, I wouldn't be making a fool out of you, Your form stinks like burning garbage" LOL
    Never had one decline....they just give me the look. The other day I had to pull a barbell off some dorks chest....it was too heavy for him (all 155 lbs of it) and he couldn't get it racked. After that he left the free weight area and went to the machines.

Poor guy

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    What the hell am I saying ???When I have a gram of test running through me I'll take advice from an 80yr old bag lady
    Laugh my A$$ off

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i never correct someone's form...

i just show them a different way to perform the exercise.......

The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    LOL...Good looking out Barbi.. I myself, give advice.. For some reason i can tell if someone is needing the advice, and wants the knowledge, compared to someone who comes in once every 3 months.. I look out for everybody at my gym... When you put so much heart and effort into your workouts, and i notice something is not correct.. I go over and offer advice..

Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    LOL...Good looking out Barbi.. I myself, give advice.. For some reason i can tell if someone is needing the advice, and wants the knowledge, compared to someone who comes in once every 3 months.. I look out for everybody at my gym... When you put so much heart and effort into your workouts, and i notice something is not correct.. I go over and offer advice..
    I get a lot of the younger girls asking me for advice and I don't mind at all helping them. I mostly hate to see people get hurt which is why I'm always on the look out. You don't have to pay to use our gym and there's no familiarization requirement before you can use the weights....so we get ALL kinds of WIERD STUPID chit in that place.

Someone gonna get hurt....and if it happens to be ME....someone gonna die!

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Da bull, i got to say, i love ur new avatar.....

I get a lot of the younger girls asking me for advice and I don't mind at all helping them. I mostly hate to see people get hurt which is why I'm always on the look out. You don't have to pay to use our gym and there's no familiarization requirement before you can use the weights....so we get ALL kinds of WIERD STUPID chit in that place.

Someone gonna get hurt....and if it happens to be ME....someone gonna die!
    Note to self....when in Seatle,find CB's gym and a lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy123
    Da bull, i got to say, i love ur new avatar.....
    I'm glad your happy now I knew the other one was driving you crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Note to self....when in Seatle,find CB's gym and a lawyer
    LOL when in Seattle....call CB and she'll give you directions and the number of several very good lawyers.

Thread Information