Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New AR set up

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Now that I can see the entire board instead of the smaller view, I love it!!!!! In case you don't know what I'm talking about, go all the way to the bottom and make sure the drop down says "VB3 default liquid". It will make viewable area bigger..

Thanks Jason!

BLT

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday
    sorry, didn't mean to whine. I'm just wondering why my typing is soo delayed, I mean it's really really bad. Maybe it's my comp?
    I wasn't talking about you bro. I am researching this.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Quote Originally Posted by PTbyJason
    To everyone complaining, stop for a little bit. I was up here until 3 in the morning that night installing it. I am making adjustments to it today that are going to take care of your complaints. Just hang tight.
    Did not mean to bust any balls or "complain." Not sure who you're refering to anywho, but I was just suggesting things.

I'm quite sure that everyone on this board more than appreciates all the hard work and time you put into this board (even if we forget sometimes and take it for granted )

the_rebirth is offline Member
    i like how the board looks myself, and also with a new look i belive thiers a lot of new things code wise that will make this board more efficent running on the servers.

good job jason

~Ricky

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    I like the New ste up.. Take some time getting use too.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Now that I can see the entire board instead of the smaller view, I love it!!!!! In case you don't know what I'm talking about, go all the way to the bottom and make sure the drop down says "VB3 default liquid". It will make viewable area bigger..

Thanks Jason!

BLT
    Cool, didn't know about that. That takes care of the margins Looks much better, good thing to change to.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    love it

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    I like it... Especially the pm's now.... I missed so many pm's before because I couldn't tell what I did and did not answer... now with unread messages in bold it's much easier...I actually went through posts all the way from November of people I didn't answer, and It wasn't on purpose.

DocHoliday is offline Senior Member

Thanks Jason!

BLT
    Sweet

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    I like it, but i wish the boxes went across the whole screen instead of leaving a big margin on each side.
    Scroll down to the very bottom of any page that you are on and look at the left hand side. There is an option to select "VB3 Default" or "VB3 Default Liquid" The liquid version is the full width option. (No margins on each side)

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    That is the one thing I dont care for. The avatar box taking up so much space. Almost a post of its own. Confusing. Everything else is coolio yo.
    Another tip from Jason that makes the board look cleaner.

You can have the avatars and information either appear on the left or on top of each post. The old way was to the left.

Go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Registration Required Information -> Thread Layout -> Top or Left

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Much better carlos... I def need to get used to it but def looks good jason... Good job...

I'm liking VB3 Default Liquid with avatars on the left. Looks very clean and easy on the eye.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I'm liking VB3 Default Liquid with avatars on the left. Looks very clean and easy on the eye.
    I agree its much more easy on the eye... THe other way to much goin on at once...

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy123
    Much better carlos... I def need to get used to it but def looks good jason... Good job...
    I agree, me happy now...

Vidooch is offline Associate Member
    i like it. its new and fresh

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    People should remember, with the new software - you should have a current version of your Internet Browsers to get the full capabilities...

FREE DOWNLOADS:

Internet Explorer 6

Netscape 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    Did not mean to bust any balls or "complain." Not sure who you're refering to anywho, but I was just suggesting things.

I'm quite sure that everyone on this board more than appreciates all the hard work and time you put into this board (even if we forget sometimes and take it for granted )
    I really screwed up when I said that. It hit me this morning like a brick right during the middle of my morning cardio. I was planning on making a thread about that in just a couple of minutes.

Agreed, much abliged. My typing is almost catchin up now, but still delayed, and sometimes still slow as all hell. I have to get this looked at.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by DocHoliday
    Agreed, much abliged. My typing is almost catchin up now, but still delayed, and sometimes still slow as all hell. I have to get this looked at.

Doc
    I was going to ask you about that today. Is it only on the quick reply or the regular reply to? Also, is your browser updated?

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

You can have the avatars and information either appear on the left or on top of each post. The old way was to the left.

Go to User CP -> Edit Profile -> Registration Required Information -> Thread Layout -> Top or Left
    Thanks bro! That was the only thing I didn't like, avatars on top. Now that I switched it to the left, everything is perfect. Jason, very nice job bro! The new features & flexibility kick ass! I espeically like the posting screen, PMs and all the drop down menus. Much easier to navigate and cleaner looking.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member

Cool. I wouldnt have known that if you didnt type it. Thanks.
    Now the board will be perfect.....
    Nice colors, layout, text, etc.

Swellin Guest
    This new setup is the shiznit! I love it. The one complaint I have had with AR was no "New Posts" button. A quick glance at the top and what did I find, but my dear button. I have the avatars on the left, and I just read BLT's post about the "default liquid" and wow! This is great.

Jason, I love it!

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Avatars now moved to the left. I would have never known that could be done.
    Hiding signatures makes the board look so much cleaner. There are a few sigs that are almost a story long and seeing them every post is annoying. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by PTbyJason
    I was going to ask you about that today. Is it only on the quick reply or the regular reply to? Also, is your browser updated?
    It's irregular. PM's seem to be the only thing not really, or generally affected. I was getting this trouble with the old layout, so I know it's not the new layout. It's only with AR and now it's starting with other forums. Muscle Sci. I think I just need to delete all them songs off my comp...and "music videos."

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Hiding signatures makes the board look so much cleaner. There are a few sigs that are almost a story long and seeing them every post is annoying. Very nice.
    Nice tip! To hide signatures:

Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Visible Post Elements -> Uncheck Show Signatures

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member

Thanks Jason!

BLT
    Hey thanks BLT....I just went and did that and the blue margins are gone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information