RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member

What Are The Physiologic Effects Of Thyroid Hormone?

Thyroid hormones activate over 100 cellular body enzymes which assure the multitude of functions. Among them are: proper energy production and metabolism, tissue oxygenation, synthesis of protein and breakdown of fat and carbohydrates, normal mineral exchange within cells, stimulation of insulin production and other functions. Since all of the body cells are dependent on these properties, most of the major organs and tissues contain within their cells, receptors for thyroid hormones. Brain, heart, lungs, adrenals, gastrointestinal organs, testes, ovaries, muscles and other tissues all owe much to thyroid hormones for their normal functioning. That is why the symptoms that are related to a malfunctioning thyroid system could be very diverse and virtually endless. They may include depression and anxiety, insomnia and fatigue, cardiovascular and weight problems, frequent infections or hypo and hyperglycemia, high cholesterol and sensitivity to cold, malabsorption resulting in dry skin, breaking nails and osteop orosis, numerous hormonal dysfunctions with low libido and infertility in both sexes or retarded growth in children and so on. In addition, the countless secondary effects of a sluggish thyroid system will arise, due to fluctuations in blood sugar or low body temperature or even body pH, which will all impair the function of multiple enzymes in the body.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    So.... Ronny...

You have stated this issues.....

what is solution... ?? T3 supplementation..???
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Check the other post, I added it on a new thread by accident. Let me find the link.

Well, even if I did post up the link, I'd still say T3 supplementation when needed. If the dosages are right, I don't see why it wouldn't be beneficial for those with Thyroid deficiency's. The only pain would be taking it everyday, for the rest of your life, or until your levels return to normal.
    Last edited by RoNNy THe BuLL; 01-25-2004 at 02:20 PM.

Here we go, found this. This will help support my reasoning!

Most non-holistic doctors prescribe T4 (Synthroid ) to treat an under active thyroid. T4, though, is fairly inactive until the body converts it into T3, or activated thyroid hormone. If the problem is only with the thyroid gland itself, prescribing Synthroid will work just fine. However, if the body has trouble turning inactive T4 into active T3, taking Synthroid can make the problem worse. Because of this problem, many CAM physicians prefer to use Armour Thyroid, which is a mix of T4 and T3. I find Armour to be far superior to Synthroid.

Why might the body have trouble making active T3 from inactive T47 During periods when the body wants to conserve energy (for example, during times of infection or famine--which is how the body views an overly restricted diet), the body slows down metabolism. It does this by decreasing the production of active T3 from T4, which is turned into inactive "reverse T3" instead. The body may get "stuck" in this mode, and becomes unable to make adequate T3.

I prefer to start with a trial of Armour thyroid. I begin with 1/4 grain (15 milligrams) a day and increase it to 1/2 grain (30 milligrams) a day in one week. Then, I increase it by 1/4 to 1/2 grain each two to six weeks until the patient finds a dose that feels best. If the patient is shaky, hyper, or has a racing heart (for example, a resting pulse over 90 beats per minute), lower the dose. I check a free T4 about one month after the 2, 3-1/2, and 5 grain levels are reached. Do not check a TSH test. It will be low (because of the hypothalamic dysfunction) even if the patient is on inadequate thyroid replacement. Adjust the thyroid slowly to the dose that feels the best to the patient, while making certain to remain within normal range for blood free T4 levels. When on a stable dose, consider checking the thyroid blood levels every 6-12 months. Although many patients can stop taking thyroid Zhormone after twelve to twenty-four months (unless they have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis-check a TPO Antibody to look for this), they can stay on Armour Thyroid or Synthroid for as long as it is needed.

One can also try prescribing Synthroid (T4). One hundred micrograms (0.1 milligrams) of Synthroid ~ 1 1/4 grain (75 mg) of Armour Thyroid. Often, one hormone treatment works when the other does not. Adjust the dose as above.

Another approach, used by the research center of John Lowe, DC in Boulder, is to use the T3 in the short acting form (Cytomel -by prescription) only in the morning. He feels that FMS patients have "thyroid resistance"--that is, it takes a much higher level of thyroid to obtain the normal effect. Even though the body may only make about 25 to 30 micrograms of T3 a day, his studies found it took an average of 125mcg a day to make FMS patients feel healthy. Try giving the full dose of thyroid in the morning or half the dose twice a day to see which feels best (Dr. Lowe generally gives the full dose in the AM). Do not give thyroid hormone within several hours of iron or calcium, or the patient won't absorb the thyroid. This is one reason these 2 nutrients are left out of the vitamin powder. Take thyroid on an empty stomach (for example, first thing in the morning).

Unfortunately, many doctors are (incorrectly) trained to stop increasing the dosage of thyroid hormone once an individual's thyroid tests are in the "normal" range--even if the dose is inadequate for that person. Even the guidelines of the conservative National Association of Clinical Biochemistry-which sets guidelines for performing lab testing--notes "In the future, it is likely that the upper limit of the serum TSH euthyroid reference range will be reduced to 2.5.... A serum TSH result between .5 and 2.0 ... [and] a serum FT4 in the upper third of the reference interval is the therapeutic target for L-T4 replacement therapy when patients have hypothyroidism." (www.nacb.org/lmpg/ thyroid_LMPG_PDF.stm). In addition, the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists has lowered the upper limit of normal for TSH to 3.0 (www.aace.com/pub/tam2003/press.php)

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Got it................ read both of them...

great post... informational...

I have done clen /cytomel combo... didn't like the feeling (risk) of the t3 thing... so short time of dosing with clen is about all i will do...

Thanks again.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

I'm actually going to run T3 in my upcoming Cycle and pre-contest prep. That's why I'm reading so much into it, I'll let you know how it goes.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Keep the info coming as you find it..good stuff for us T3 fans!

sigrabbit is offline Member
    Good stuff. I just started a 40day cycle of liquid T3.

How's the Liquid form of T3 workin' for you bro.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    awesome post. I know somebody with FMS and they are about to start experimenting with T3 (as per my post in your other thread). Ive also recently posted on the reports Ive read lately on how it might be better to take T3 on a full stomach to spread out the absorbtion to keep the levels more constant. It would be interesting to see what is better. An interesting note is that while your post says not to take calcium, the manufacturer specifically says calcium carbonate. While I initially thought it wouldnt matter, calcium sulfate is an ingredient in cytomel pills. Just generally, wait 2 hours after your vitamens to take T3. A few other interactions to think about: Insulin , and estrogen.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    If I ran T3 I would die. I naturally have an over active thyroid and I take meds to reduce my levels to normal. The one cool thing about it is when it's time to cut I just stop taking my meds and it's like I'm running T3. I get lean without dieting or cardio.

sigrabbit is offline Member
    I just started my T3 so I don't feel the results yet, but I did have to shyte like four times yesterday, which is abnormal. I ran it for 20days last summer and I noticed a definite increase in body temperature, constant perspiration in neck and chest.

Thread Information