Symian is offline Member

What's your "gym motto"?

This might sound stupid, cuz maybe I'm the only one who has one. Anyway, I was about to start some squats earlier, and said to my self, "I'm about the blow this s**t up!" My boy and I always say this before a work out or when we're on our way to the gym. We always say a phrase close to that, and it gets us in the mind frame. Anyone else have one? Hopefully I'm not the only one .

Sym

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    "where are all the white women at"

-blazing saddles

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    "shut the f-ck up and move the weight" thats one of them. another one "im tryin to get husky" or "time to get husky" i dont know if you guys ever hear husky, but i know i always here that sh-t in this area (philly) i know what you mean, you just have sh-t you gotta say before you do it lol

here in jersey, husky is a size of clothes little fat kids wear

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    "where are all the white women at"

-blazing saddles
    lmao!!!

mine would probably be something like "don't talk to me, I'm lifting" just stems from a belief that most of the people around me (at least in my gym) are complete idiots here to annoy me...so i prefer that they leave me alone

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I don't say it loud and only to myself but before a lift I'll say "Move **** it....only pussies stand still."

shootdeep is offline Member
    my gym is a total dungeon. it's a hardcore powerlifting gym. we don't have a gym motto, but we occasionally reference the wall of shame. it has all the banana shaped barbells that were destroyed hanging on it, as well as various other pieces of equipment that were annihilated using insane poundages. one quick look at that before you slide into the squat rack and it's "nuf said"!
    Last edited by shootdeep; 01-26-2004 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shootdeep
    my gym is a total dungeon. it's a hardcore powerlifting gym. we don't have a gym motto, but we occasionally reference the wall of shame. it has all the banana shaped barbells that were destroyed hanging on it, as well as various other pieces of equipment that were annihilated using insane poundages. one quick look at that before you side into the squat rack and it's "nuf said"!
    d*amn dude, i want train at your gym!

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    My training partner and I are probally the loudest, meanest, and not to mention funniest in the gym.. We talk ALOT of sh!t back and forth to eachother.. We are loud, and nonstop the whole workout.. By no way is anything said in a demeaning mannor, to hurt feelings, although we shoot as low as we can, and it usually pays off by motivating us tremendously..

LOL...for instance, We usually criticize how weak one another is, constantly.. Usually all comments are followed up by: "You Look Small" Sometimes it's "How much water you holding, or go put a fuking diaper on bitch" (out loud)" lol..and sometimes it's, "Go to the lost and found, cause your strength, and pride are missing" Alot of cussing, but the job gets done.. After an hour nonstop of saying some of the most sh!ttest things we can say to eachother, we laugh it of, an then we go eat..

I wouldn't reccomend this training method to anyone who can't take a joke.. But this pushes me when i'm at the gym, and i go with what works.. Call me crazy, but it works.. My gym actually has some big ass banners, with good quote's on them too..

Here's a couple, i can remember:

Never never, never give up!!
    Whether you think you can or you can't you're right!!

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Mine is " I wonder if the chick at the counter will do me?"

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    I always ask my partner. I thought this was a gym. where the hell is all the good looking in shape chiks?

I dunno if my gym has one... when I walk in I turn the volume on my MP3 all the way up, and turn off my brain completely.

Red

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    "When you're done this...you get to go home."

how about, "i'm gonna kill that mofo that doesn't put the dumbells back in the right spot"

Farmer is offline Member
    One statement re-motivates me in everything I do..

"Today For Tomorrow"

Peace

Farmer

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    I like that one... do you think my wife will think it's funny when i ask her if she is wearing a diaper..???

LOL

peace
    Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    My training partner and I are probally the loudest, meanest, and not to mention funniest in the gym.. We talk ALOT of sh!t back and forth to eachother.. We are loud, and nonstop the whole workout.. By no way is anything said in a demeaning mannor, to hurt feelings, although we shoot as low as we can, and it usually pays off by motivating us tremendously..

LOL...for instance, We usually criticize how weak one another is, constantly.. Usually all comments are followed up by: "You Look Small" Sometimes it's "How much water you holding, or go put a fuking diaper on bitch" (out loud)" lol..and sometimes it's, "Go to the lost and found, cause your strength, and pride are missing" Alot of cussing, but the job gets done.. After an hour nonstop of saying some of the most sh!ttest things we can say to eachother, we laugh it of, an then we go eat..

I wouldn't reccomend this training method to anyone who can't take a joke.. But this pushes me when i'm at the gym, and i go with what works.. Call me crazy, but it works.. My gym actually has some big ass banners, with good quote's on them too..

Here's a couple, i can remember:

Never never, never give up!!
    Whether you think you can or you can't you're right!!
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

JGK
    JGK is offline Junior Member
    how about, "i'm gonna kill that mofo that doesn't put the dumbells back in the right spot"
    Oh man, that pisses me off so much.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    my gym is a total dungeon. it's a hardcore powerlifting gym. we don't have a gym motto, but we occasionally reference the wall of shame. it has all the banana shaped barbells that were destroyed hanging on it, as well as various other pieces of equipment that were annihilated using insane poundages. one quick look at that before you slide into the squat rack and it's "nuf said"!
    Those type gyms are hard to find these days..........I've been in a few years back and worship those memories..........I have a very long post about one paticular day,but I won't jack this thread.

No my gym nor I have a motto...when I walk through the doors a switch goes off.........I'm in the zone then,I don't hear much or see much..it's just me against the iron then.....

Peace

DB

cb25 is offline Banned
    i wish i could get mad about that...at my gym, I've NEVER seen dumbells in order...I'm just happy to find 2 DBs of the same weight together...

stupid gym....drives me insane.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I go to a college gym. My motto is "try not to get too distracted when walking through the cardio room"

and

"the next person who talks to me during a set is going to get the **** beaten out of them"

That's my new motto as of last night.

Here is one...... "If you are using the Girlie man's weights... go to the machines... stay out of the free weight area"

At least it should be..............

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    "exercise your muscles not your ego" - in reference to proper form

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    I like that one... do you think my wife will think it's funny when i ask her if she is wearing a diaper..???
    Thats diggin deep bro, lol..that may lead into trouble after you guys are done.. I can't stress enough, "you must have a good sense of humor" It's defintley a different approach, but it works.. We get pretty ruthless though..

You are correct.. I did use the "Lost and Found" she thought it was hilarious... I knew that she would..

Currently have her on anavar ... she is really digging it.. starting to add the winny this week also..

Peace..........

Thats diggin deep bro, lol..that may lead into trouble after you guys are done.. I can't stress enough, "you must have a good sense of humor" It's defintley a different approach, but it works.. We get pretty ruthless though..

Rules

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    mine is "if i bench this will mass aprove of me?! i just wanna be part of the team!@"
    on a serious note.. i borowed one form farmers signature.. "a year from now you wish you had started today.." i have it pritned in huge ass letters above my desk at home..

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    GO HARD OR GO HOME!

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    same here bro......i couldnt work out at Golds or Crunch or something like that..........i need chalk and places like that do not use chalk.......I really love my gym.......

oue motto is, "Smoke that sh!t"

Roidfever is offline Associate Member
    I'll show 'em who's the man.

shootdeep is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Those type gyms are hard to find these days..........I've been in a few years back and worship those memories..........I have a very long post about one paticular day,but I won't jack this thread.

No my gym nor I have a motto...when I walk through the doors a switch goes off.........I'm in the zone then,I don't hear much or see much..it's just me against the iron then.....

Peace

DB
    yeah, i'm lucky to be there. what's left of the carpet is duct taped to the floor. the floor is covered in chalk dust, the walls have fist holes in them from missed max attempts. even the chicks are hardcore. we have one with a 365lb bench and several with squats in the high 300s. no dress code, no noise code, no laguage code, and it's easy to tell if it's a busy day...you can see the cloud of chalk dust comin' out the door before you get in the parking lot. and last but not least....we share the building with a diner so none of us go hungry!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't know if this is a moto but when I'm liftin I alwats tell myself "get that **** up you big pussy"

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    here in jersey, husky is a size of clothes little fat kids wear
    **** i never heard that one lol. ill have to ask some of my dirty jersey friends what they think of it lol

but i think i would start cracking up if i saw someone start doing the ronnie coleman thing woooooooooooooo light weight, babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hooooo whoooooooooooo light weighttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

probably cause noone ever moves weight like that at my gym

cascade is offline Junior Member
    There's banners and posters up with all the usual motto's:
    -"You're not going to get huge by just looking at those weights"
    -A cartoon pic of a muscle man, then "Becuase you can't flex fat"
    -A old picture of Arnold, then under "The best activitities for your health are pumping and humping."- 1975
    -Another one with Arnold, and "Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."
    -"It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat."
    These are all in the heavy weightroom, we've had a few older, larger women complain.

When I'm working out with a friend and he's struggling I'll take the quote from Pumping Iron and tell him "Common, lets get serious" in the Arnold accent.

How about this one.........

Your dues are due on the 1st monday of each month....................

Rules

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    When I got on the weight... i always tell myself "this aint sh!t".. gets me pumped and sets my mind for the lift.

Symian is offline Member
    My training partner and I are probally the loudest, meanest, and not to mention funniest in the gym.. We talk ALOT of sh!t back and forth to eachother.. We are loud, and nonstop the whole workout.. By no way is anything said in a demeaning mannor, to hurt feelings, although we shoot as low as we can, and it usually pays off by motivating us tremendously.
    My buddy and I are quite the same! For instance he has this thing about people touching his face. Well, on a last set or if he was stuggling, I give him a little bitch slap, and he gets so fired up he'll rep out 2 or 3 more reps. Gets him every time. He just has to call me fat ass to get me fired up.

Sym

MetalGod is offline New Member
    "lets do something stooopid!" and then we load on the plates

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Symian
    My buddy and I are quite the same! For instance he has this thing about people touching his face. Well, on a last set or if he was stuggling, I give him a little bitch slap, and he gets so fired up he'll rep out 2 or 3 more reps. Gets him every time. He just has to call me fat ass to get me fired up.

Sym

i would of beat you senseless with a dumbbell.. j/j

Thread Information