Thread: Torn Pec

Ammar is offline Senior Member

Torn Pec

I partially tore my pec about 16 days ago. Now I cant lift anything. It hurts just to raise any weight straight out in front of me. I saw my doctor and he said it didnt tear all the way. It is all bruised and alittle bump formed but it is going away so far. My question is, has anyone had anything similar happen and how long did it take you til you were able to lift??

I tried doing incline bench tonight light with just 135lbs and it hurt just to push it up...of course I stopped.

Swellin Guest
    Sorry to hear that bro! I had a partial tear in the anterior pec. The problem was compounded by the resulting damage to my shoulder. I dropped the weight, and it forced my shoulder into an awkward position...reaggravating an existing injury.

My chest healed enough to work it in 4-6 weeks. I was a little careful about it. I did not want to make it worse, and my shoulder injury gave me time to give it a break.

It sucks!

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    my buddy just tore his pec(partial tear) a couple of months ago.......it took him around 8 weeks to get back to benching 275 for 5 he was benching 365x6...........another one of my workout partners tore his pec very badly and it took him about 6 months to do just about anything with his pec.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Torn pecs suck, mine tore about 4 yrs ago or so, and it is now deformed.

What can I do to workout my chest while I am waiting for this to recover?? Or do I just avoid my chest and try to do the rest of my body parts??

Thanks for the replies.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    I am not a Doctor, but i wouldnt work your chest out for at least 3 weeks. Then i would start off with very light machine flys and some triceps. Then i would gradualy work myself back up to like 85 or 90lbs on the flat bench then work from there. Take small steps back in. Also go see a doctor they can probably help you better than i.

Symian is offline Member
    Ah man! That makes sick to my stomach just to think about tearing a muscle!

Sym

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    I am not a Doctor, but i wouldnt work your chest out for at least 3 weeks. Then i would start off with very light machine flys and some triceps. Then i would gradualy work myself back up to like 85 or 90lbs on the flat bench then work from there. Take small steps back in. Also go see a doctor they can probably help you better than i.
    great advice...

sorry to hear about the setback ammar...but take some time off to rest as much as possible...you don't need to make it worse, as you could be out longer in the longrun...

here's to a swift recovery...and getting back to the gym with a vengence

Yeah I appreciate the concern fellas. I have no done any lifting for my chest in over 2 weeks. Its been about 17 days so far actually. I have done my back/bi's/legs with no problems. Doing shoulders hurts though so all I have done is very light raises.

I think I am gonna give it about another 2 weeks or so then go real light. Thanks again everyone.

Thread Information