ColdSore is offline Banned

Influx of Gym "Newbies, Spring breakers and Summer Bodys"

Who else i sick of walking into your gym after the new year to only see 200 fat lazy americans attempting to workout and take up space.

I swear i went into my gym yesterday at about 3:45 and worked out for an hour or so, then tanned and walked out and BAM!!!! After 5 o'clock rolls around there was like a million people in there.

The worst part is i HATE doing cardio, but when i want to i cant becuase some 300 pound fat lady in spandex is doing a slow mile on the treadmill with her other fat sister.

Then when you do what to use a machine for a little definition work, you cant cause some beer drinkin frat guy with his white ass chicken legs is useing it will running his mouth on a cell phone.

When will this all go away???...i hope soon

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i'm lucky, i've already seen the herd start to thin out

Danielle is offline Female Member
    i feel your pain!!!.........i've just about had it with my gym........went in there monday night @ like 7pm (ok, ok......i know its the busiest time of the day) but still...........there was not one machine to be had, not one treadmill, not on stairmaster, not even one weight macahine.....even all the little boys took all my free weights so i couldnt even work with that.........i was so ****ing pissed..........everything was taken with a bunch of people standing around aimlessly and clueless.........how are the people that really care suppossed to get results in a place like that...........grrrrrrr..........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

to top it all off, my gym is running the best deal in town with no enrolment fee and 9.99 a month...so everynight i see more and more people signing up and pileing in...

the best is when construction workers and people like that come in and work out in boots and a flannel shirt. I even saw this one chubby guy wear a trash bag the other day trying to clear the water out of him (and make the scale lie to him) like he was doing a contest...haha what a dip ****

Danielle is offline Female Member
    ugh.........yeh all those new years deal bring in everyone....they want to "try' and get into better shape........please

but yes, the 300 pound ladies walking a 30 minute mile........now that painful to watch............
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    ugh.........yeh all those new years deal bring in everyone....they want to "try' and get into better shape........please

but yes, the 300 pound ladies walking a 30 minute mile........now that painful to watch............
    IN SPANDEX...i swear, i wanna ask who gave them the license to wear such painful clothing to look at....sick stuff...

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, this is one of my pet peeves. They have to make the money, so they market heavily to people that are gonna sign a contract, pay every month and disappear....while still paying the bills. The last thing they really want is over 1000 members to actually SHOW UP to work out. But this stage is necessary for them to make money and be profitable. Too bad they have to get in my way though.

Well, at least they don't take up TOO much room in the free weight area. I hate searching for dumbells, and I HATE assholes curling 50 lbs in the squat rack when I am doing heavy leg day. Idiots.

I could type a novel about this, but I'll stfu for now.

-LH

shootdeep is offline Member
    we have the same problem at my gym. like i said in another thread, my gym is a dungeon and when the newbies show up and realize it's not a meat market and that we don't have any 1/2 pound plates for benching they leave.

cb25 is offline Banned
    yea, it happens every year...and every year I bitch and moan about it...

i just hate it when the gym gets so crowded that you can't get a single bench...or even worse, god forbid you try to do cable crossovers...

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    yea, it happens every year...and every year I bitch and moan about it...

i just hate it when the gym gets so crowded that you can't get a single bench...or even worse, god forbid you try to do cable crossovers...
    Yeah i love seeing people try to get big on cables....do some ****ing presses you tiny F U C K....

Parking...what about parking??? my gym is nestled between two bar/resturaunts so if you arrive between 5-8...NO PARKING...your to late all of the Fattys have already seeked out every close spot and whipped their mini van into it so they can go munch on burgers and fries

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    woohoo the resolutioners are starting to leave and im getting a wave of the spring breakers tho..

hoss827 is offline Banned
    FOCKERS ARE TAKING OVERRRRR THEGYM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it....

ttuPrincess Guest
    If I see one more fat freshman who has already gained the freshman 15 plus some by January walking on the track talking on her cell phone I think Im gonna scream....or the girls who only go to the gym to watch the guys in the weight room.....Like they would want to date your fat a$$ anyway..... and you can't forget my roomate who just started working out (that consists of 5 days for a week, then 2 weeks of drinking beer every night) to impress her now gay ex boyfriend next time she sees him.... Sorry for ranting and raving, but I had to get that off my chest!

Oh I dont mind the rant....I think its ****ing hilarious lmao

ttuPrincess Guest
    Oh and I hate the fact that I have to get to the gym before 4 o'clock or after 10 to get into the weight room with the guys to do arms, or else it's just freaking pointless.. how do ya'll get anything done with so many people around? I need my space or I'm one unhappy little girl!

someday is offline Member
    Yah, between 4:30 and 9 its ****in rediculous. I swear to god the other day this guy who was prolly 5'7", 250, at about 99%bf put 1100 pounds on the leg sled and moved it a quarter inch. The same guy taught his friend how to do squats by using just his back to lift. I end up going at about 10:00, unless i want an ego boost then i go when all the newbs are there. Im not big but its nice walking into the place and being the biggest guy in there and benching 2 or 3 times what they are or shoulder pressing the weights thier doing shrugs with. Oh yah, someones gotta tell these guys about deodorant as well................................

man i love some hostility...what about the people who workout for an hour then look over to their fat freind and say "how bout we hit up micky d's for a mc chicken...arent those healthy??"

F U C K I N G clueless

ttuPrincess Guest
    I love (notice the sarcasm?????) when I go to the gym with my friend/workout partner and I have been on the Eliptical (which I am totally addicted to it's not even funny) for about 45 mins and shes been riding the bike for about 15 ..... Im drenched in sweat and shes like "I went 7 miles.. how far have you gone?? and are you ready to go now???" yes sweetie you may weight 113 lbs but your still not in good shape.. your just skinny.... I had to yell at the Tuesday and make her stay on the Eliptical till I was done..and she was almost in tears over it.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Nice name ttuprincess And i feel your pain Coldstone, i was there a couple wks ago, and it was ridiculous. I have had to start working out in the mornings, or not at all at my gym.

ttu...you need to get an avatar...i just noticed that...get something good

ttuPrincess Guest
    Thanks Vette.... I kind of like my name also... oh and Coldstone... I have some nude pictures of me would that work for an avatar????? Would you come over and show me how to ad it???? I'm kinda new and don't know how to!

Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    Thanks Vette.... I kind of like my name also... oh and Coldstone... I have some nude pictures of me would that work for an avatar????? Would you come over and show me how to ad it???? I'm kinda new and don't know how to!
    i would love too...you know since we live in the smae town that we really are gonna have to meet right?????????

I sense some FIRE in the lounge tonight!

ttuPrincess Guest
    Good I was planning on it!!!!!!!

LS1
    LS1 is offline Associate Member
    The newbies in my gym are amusing I tell ya. They all signed up after the new year and were all there for the first week but now there a few left that are gona quit soon I just know it. The thing that really gets me is what there wearing HOLY $I-I1T I tell ya. For example there this one dude he's got his new belt, gloves, and other stuff and he's doing cardo jus running....I think he thinks its his uniform that he must wear all of his workout gear no matter what he's doing in the gym.(and no he wasnt doing anything else that day I saw him come in acouple of days and do this just cardio) I dont want to make like im jus picking on this dude but there all alike. Then ya got the ones that have to use ALL the equipment they come in and work out every body part that they can think of.
    It fun though seeing them my buddies a I get a kick out of em.
    Last edited by LS1; 01-29-2004 at 06:02 PM.

ttuPrincess Guest
    I really love the girls who are all dressed up.. IE hair and makeup done.. to go to the gym... or the girls who need a little ( ok a lot) of work on their midsection and are wearing sports bras.. YUCKKKKKK!!!!!!!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    I just got back from the gym... normally i get there by 1:30... but because of an appointment i meet the wife there at 4:00...........

It looked like the entire football team of the local highschool was in there.. you never saw so much red faced, acne poked skinny wanta bees in your life..

Oh well... ya got to start somewhere.. and there rest periods are very short..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

LS1
    LS1 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    I really love the girls who are all dressed up.. IE hair and makeup done.. to go to the gym... or the girls who need a little ( ok a lot) of work on their midsection and are wearing sports bras.. YUCKKKKKK!!!!!!!
    OH yeah I was gonna bring up this group of chicks at my place They look like there going to a club or something...hair done, gold chains, all there rings on, cell phones between there tits. come on give me a break

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    Well i might be the guy you all hate. I have lost 100 lbs of fat and did in the gym next to all you hard bodies. I also started lifting on 12/08/03 and did this wrong as well, started out with gear. My max bench on 12/08/03 was 150 lbs yesterday I benched 3 sets of 8 reps at 320 lbs. I think we all have different abliities and starting points but dont ban me because I dont look just like you yet. Give the ugly people some credit for trying to make things better and dont worry if they dont have true heart they will give up and wont take up your space for long . I am not a man that gives up easy and I will get hard ,huge and cut so see you at the gym.cj

JGK
    JGK is offline Junior Member
    I hate the guys that come in and spend as much time talking as lifting. I swear today I was waiting to do some cgbp and some dude talked for 10 minutes to his friend. I finally got tired of it and asked him to finish his god**** bench so other people could use it.

Last week on ME Squat day some little pipsqueak was in the squat rack doing 50lb curls. I lost it and told him to grab a f u c k i n g curl bar and get out of the squat rack.

We won't even get started with the fatasses on treadmills or the skinny high school dorks flexing in the mirror while doing endless hammer curls. Oh, and I almost killed my stupid workout partner today. I was doing db bench for the first time ever and was going a little heavy. I'm in the middle of my set and get stuck halfway up fixing to lose my grip on the weights. I look up and his dumbass has walked over to the cable curls.

God why do you have a hs kid be the only person I can workout with?

Quote Originally Posted by cj1capp
    Well i might be the guy you all hate. I have lost 100 lbs of fat and did in the gym next to all you hard bodies. I also started lifting on 12/08/03 and did this wrong as well, started out with gear. My max bench on 12/08/03 was 150 lbs yesterday I benched 3 sets of 8 reps at 320 lbs. I think we all have different abliities and starting points but dont ban me because I dont look just like you yet. Give the ugly people some credit for trying to make things better and dont worry if they dont have true heart they will give up and wont take up your space for long . I am not a man that gives up easy and I will get hard ,huge and cut so see you at the gym.cj
    Thats true too cj...we were all probly "that guy" at one point or the other...but its the people who quit or dont 100% that give everyone of the newbs a bad rep....they all leave at one point or the other

Good job on your progress though

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    Thats true too cj...we were all probly "that guy" at one point or the other...but its the people who quit or dont 100% that give everyone of the newbs a bad rep....they all leave at one point or the other

Good job on your progress though
    Thanks a lot cold stone.cj

JGK
    JGK is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cj1capp
    I'm a lot that guy right now still. I started lifting June '03, I weighed 270lbs with probably upwards of 40% bf. I was a true and complete fatass. Since then I have lost down to 240lbs with 30% bf and am still losing. Also I have went from a 135lb max on bench to 295.

someday is offline Member
    I dont mind the people who come in there and work and stick with it like yall, i myself lost 60 pounds of flab a couple of years ago, its the guys who dont care and are just taking up space that i cant stand. I can handle new people in thier trying its the people that are there for a week and leave or the chicks who just wanna talk.......speaking of which if your a female and a guys lifting dont interrupt him in the middle of a set and ask him to go to dinner, youll just get a mean grunt and then i wont talk to you again. anyhow congrats both of you, i hope the rest leave, im off to go lift somethin heavy.

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    One good advantage of my gym is it's on base, so you don't get all those ppl, maybe a few resolutioners but they fade in about a week. Glad I don't have to deal with all the crap you all have at your gyms.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Today... i was liftin and it started getting pretty loud... people talking. Even louder than the radio.. so I said.. "What the Hell.. is this social hour?"

it quited down...

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by caturpilar
    One good advantage of my gym is it's on base, so you don't get all those ppl, maybe a few resolutioners but they fade in about a week. Glad I don't have to deal with all the crap you all have at your gyms.
    same here caturpilar... its cool..

Thread Information