Thread: gym advertising

cb25 is offline Banned

gym advertising

OK, so I'm walking by the women's locker room (it's between the men's locker room and the weight room) yesterday and I notice an ad directly outside of it...

"Bacardi and Diet Coke! 66 calories, 0 sugar! 0 carbs!" With a picture of some fitness models smiling and drinking...

is it just me...or is the gym the wrong place for this ad? now I enjoy drinking...hell, i even like bacardi a lot...but I was a little thrown off by the ads in the gym...

anyone else find this a little inappropriate?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah every company in America is trying to tap into the weight loss market these days. I like the Michelob Light ads with the fitness buffs enjoying a nice cold bottle of beer.

And we thought protein/dextrose was the best concoction for pwo drink...I guess little do we know, hehe.

~US~

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    thats my post workout drink.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Yeah cb25,I don't care to see those type of adds at all...........but the liquor and cigarette company's will stoop to any levels to get thier products promoted,they find a grey area..ie:"weakness" and thier in.

DB

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    i find that a little silly.. i havent seen to many alchohol ads in a gym, and if i did- i would have to laugh

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Makes almost as much sense as the candy machine sitting in the lobby of mine!!!
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    You can't blame a company for trying to market their product to different groups of people. I know that if I was the CEO of a company I would do whatever it took to maximize my profits ( within the law and moral standards of course). Like I'm sure the rest of you do, I don't pay any attention to those type of ads because they are intended for stupid people.

Thread Information