Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Motivational Quotes for Athletes

Good shizzel from About.com author Estella Juarez...

"The uncomfortable truth is too many of those who venture to the fields of iron and steel give up, quit, abandon the glorious task too soon to realize the sub-surface bounty of exercise, good eating and training. The qualities they lacked to keep them going were amongst the qualities they were about to discover" - Dave Draper in Brother Iron, Sister Steel

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog" - Magic Johnson, NBA Star

"Pain is temporary, pride is forever" - Unknown

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson, Philosopher & Writer

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer

"Try and fail is the manner of losers; try and learn is the way of the strong." - Unknown

"Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!" - Unknown

"Only the weak attempts to accomplish what he knows he can already achieve." - Stella Juarez, Author

"Failure will not overcome me so long as my will to succeed is stronger" - Micheal S. Kirby

"If you are hurt, whether in mind or body, don't nurse your bruises. Get up and light-heartedly, courageously, good temperedly get ready for the next encounter. This is the only way to take life - this is also 'playing' the game!" - Emily Post

"The human body experiences a powerful gravitational pull in the direction of hope" - Norman Cousins, Author

"That which does not kill me makes me stronger" - Friedrich Nietzsche, Philosopher, Poet, and Classical Philologist

"Fall down seven times, get up eight" -Chinese proverb

"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

"Success must be felt within before it can be seen on the outside." - Unknown

"There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them." - Ralph Marston, Author and Publisher of The Daily Motivator

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't." - Unknown

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson, Philosopher & Writer

"Pain is only weakness leaving the body" - Unknown

"Good luck is the result of hard work and preparation" - Unknown

"Strength is the product of struggle" - Unknown

"The race goes not only to the swift nor the contest to the strong, but that's the way to bet your money" - Unknown

"How am I to know what I can achieve if I quit?" -Jason Bishop, About Bodybuilding Reader

<FONT face=Verdana size=1><SPAN style="mso-fareast-font-family: Verdana; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-bidi-font-family: Verdana">"Belief triggers the power to do" -David Schwartz in The Magic of Thinking Big

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be." William Shakespeare

"It's never too late to become what you might have been". -George Elliot

"Understand that the right to choose your own path is a sacred privilege. Use it. Dwell in possibility." - Oprah Winfrey

"Nothing in life just happens. You have to have the stamina to meet the obstacles and overcome them." - Golda Meir, Israeli Political Leader

"We must train from the inside out. Using our strengths to attack and nullify any weaknesses. It's not about denying a weakness may exist but about denying its right to persist." Vince McConnell

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something. You can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent." -Arnold Schwarzenegger

"There are only two options regarding commitment, You're either in or your out. There's no such thing as life in between." - Anonymous

Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." -Anonymous

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Last edited by Warrior; 02-01-2004 at 11:49 PM.

Ii

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved. " - Helen Keller, Teacher/Author

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." Martin Luther King, Jr., Nobel Laureate

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent." - Marilyn vos Savant, Columnist

"It's about mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter" -Unknown

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do." - Unknown

"It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it." - Lena Horne, Singer

"The act of taking the first step is what separates the winners from the losers. - Brian Tracy, Motivational speaker

"Your body hears everything your mind says." - Naomi Judd, Singer/Songwriter

"The man who has no imagination has no wings. " - Muhammad Ali, Boxing Champion, Peace Ambassador

"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." -Wayne Gretzky, Professional Hockey Player

"The harder you work, the luckier you get." -Gary Player, Golfer

"Don't let what you can't do interfere with what you can do" - John Wooden, UCLA Basketball Coach

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning form failure. - Colin Powell, U.S. Secretary of State

"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills and uses these skills to accomplish his goals" Larry Bird, Basketball Player

"You've got to take the initiative and play your game. In a decisive set, confidence is the difference. - Chris Evert, Tennis Champion

"I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big." - Donald Trump, Entrepreneur

"Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand and work with whatever tools you may have at your command and better tools will be found as you go along." - Napoleon Hill, Author, Motivational Speaker

"Hidden deep within the disappointment of our utmost failures and the tremble of our darkest fears are our highest achievements and greatest acts of courage. - Stella Juarez, Author

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage." - Anais Nin

"Quitters never win and winners never quit " - anonymous

"To give any less than your best is to sacrifice a gift" Steve Prefontaine, runner

"Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes."- Chinese Proverb
    Last edited by Warrior; 02-01-2004 at 11:50 PM.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Thank you Warrior.

This is an A+++ Post

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Good One!

cb25 is offline Banned
    Excellent post warrior...i can never read these enough.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    click on favorite places......saving this one.........hehehe........i love quotes........there can never be enough of these
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I like Danielles quote..."Obsessed" Is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated. Good post bro, should be a sticky . Motivation for AR and newbies!!!!

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    nice quotes

Bumped for the Tuesday crew...

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    "One year from now, you'd wish you had started today" --Arnold Schwarzenegger

That has to be one of my favorites.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    If i skip this workout... the other guys isn't..

You only have today to work this body part...
    it will be 5 more days until you get another chance..

"You could be bigger"
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

hoss827 is offline Banned
    That's a good quote spy...Just shows that you could always improve, i like it bro.

Thanks.. it's the one that always gets me.........."You could be bigger"

Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    That's a good quote spy...Just shows that you could always improve, i like it bro.

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

BrownBomber is offline Member
    Big bump for this post! I would really like to keep it going

BB

Some of these may be repeated...

Quotes on Success

The key to success is to believe there are no keys -- just success!

Every man is enthusiastic at times. One man has enthusiasm for thirty minutes, another for thirty days -- but it is the man who has it for thirty years who makes a success in life.

The secret of success is to be like a duck -- smooth and unruffled on top, but paddling furiously underneath.

Try not to become men of success. Rather, become men of value.

"It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation."

-- Herman Melville

Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.

"Success has ruined many a man."

-- Benjamin Franklin

"Success in life comes not from holding a good hand, but in playing a poor hand well."

-- Denis Waitley & Rem L. Witt

One thing that keeps a lot of people from being a success is work.

To be successful, you have to keep moving. After all, no one stumbles sitting down.

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."

-- Teddy Roosevelt

"Failure doesn't mean you are a failure...it just means you haven't succeeded yet."

-- Robert Schuller

"Success is a piece of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing that you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming."

-- John Wooden

"In great attempts it is glorious even to fail."

-- Wilfred A. Peterson

At God's footstool to confess,

A poor soul knelt and bowed his head.

"I failed." He cried. The master said,

"Thou didst thy best, that is success."

A man may make mistakes but he isn't a failure until he starts blaming someone else.

"Talent is the gift plus the passion -- a desire to succeed so intense that no force on earth can stop it."

-- Neil Simon

If you don't risk anything, you risk even more.

"Failure isn't fatal unless you let it be."

-- Mike Ditka

Success consists of thinking ahead, of considering future consequences, and of taking consequences based on those considerations.

The three most important steps you will take: the last step, the first step, the next step.

You become successful by helping others become successful.

"Most players prepare for disaster. A good player prepares for success."

-- Tony Alfonso

"Those who want to succeed will find a way; those who don't will find an excuse!"

-- Leo Aguila

"The very moment one becomes BOUND and DETERMINED, is the very moment one becomes UNBOUND by what his or her previously limited thinking and circumstances had DETERMINED."

-- Brian G. Jett

"If 'A' equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z -- X is work, Y is play, Z is keep your mouth shut."

-- Albert Einstein

Success is knowing the difference between cornering people and getting them in your corner.

When facing a difficult task, act as though it is impossible to fail. If you're going after Moby Dick, take along the tartar sauce.

Don't accept 'good enough' as good enough.

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Louis Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Theresa, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.

There is no limit to the goals you can attain, the success you can achieve -- your possibilities are as endless as your dreams.

"In front of excellence, the immortal gods have put sweat, and long and steep is the way to it."

-- Hesiod, Philosopher

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."

-- Anne Bradstreet

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."

-- Dale Carnegie

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started."

-- Sally Berger

"The more you love what you are doing, the more successful it will be for you."

-- Jerry Gillier

Do not stare up the steps to success, step up the stairs.

The door to the room of success swings on the hinge of determination.

"Experience shows that success is due less to ability than to zeal. The winner is he who gives himself to his work, body, and soul."

-- Charles Buxton

"For all sad words of tongue or pen,

The saddest are theses: It might have been!"

-- John Greenleaf Whittier

"He that is over-cautious will accomplish little."

-- Johann Friedrich Von Schiller

"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure."

-- Mark Twain

"You cannot reach your goals unless you first stretch your imagination."

-- Brian G. Jett

One of my favorite all-time quotes is..

""Before I get in the ring, I'd have already won or lost it out on the road. The real part is won or lost somewhere far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road before I dance under those lights."

--Muhammad Ali

Gives me chills
    BB

BrownBomber - those are some good ones too!

ivanko45 is offline New Member
    thanks great quotes
    It is an amazing what an impact they can have.

"those who wait for the right time to do something never get anything done"
    (paraphrase)

another good one I saw on this board a while ago was from Chuck D

"It's not a battle of skills it's a battle of wills"

"You could be bigger"... or "You used to be bigger"

Rules

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Good post, old but still good.

Logan13 is offline Banned

Vince Lombardi

"It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever - the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it."
    - Vince Lombardi

shwamin2004 is offline Banned
    Im all about inspirational quotes. My favorite would have to be...

"Success usually comes to those that are too busy to look for it."

New favorite

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't." - Unknown

StevePJC is offline Member
    "Wrestle your heart out and have no regrets 20 years from now" - Me to my kids in the Far East HS Wrestling Tourney

I dunno..... I thought it was pretty good.

EDIT: Sorry... Wife just reminded me. It was "Wrestle your heart out and have no regrets" Nothing about 20 years from now. Bad memory.

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    i love the quoutes i am going to put print them out.

Thread Information