• PS2

10 52.63%
  • Xbox

9 47.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS2 or Xbox?

Swellin Guest

PS2 or Xbox?

Which is the best...let's hear it. I am about to buy one or the other...which should I get? Post why in your response.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    ive only played ps2... so thats my choice..

but they have more RPG's for ps2, thats why also...

QbHunter is offline Associate Member
    I personaly have a PS2, but will be trading it in for an X BOX. X has much better graphics/speed. At first, ps2 had all the good games, but x box is coming out with just as many, and better ones

QbHunter is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs

but they have more RPG's for ps2, thats why also...
    RPG's???

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by QbHunter
    RPG's???
    Role playing games.

I plan to play golf, Knockout Kings, Gran Tourismo, Mortal Kombat and the like. I suppose that these games are readily available for both consoles.
    Last edited by Swellin; 02-04-2004 at 12:23 AM.

peregrine is offline Junior Member
    ive had both. xbox is starting to become FAR superior to the ps2. the game manufacturers have finally wised up and are starting to make their games for all the platforms.

Symian is offline Member
    I picked PS2, cuz I love my Final Fantasy! But the XBox has better features like, inboard memory so you don't have to always have a memory card, and it has better DVD controls.

Sym

Pilo18 is offline Junior Member
    Xbox for sure. I have mines all hooked up with extra programs, 120Gb HD, lights, etc.. I can even run lunix on it. Great system for under $180.00.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    xbox............. cause my son in law has all the pirated games.. and i can hack the box to get free cable.. internet............
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

mass junkie is offline banned
    Xbox all the way..........

Swellin Guest
    It looks like the Xbox is in the lead.....

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Fook them both!!! ATARI BIOTCHES@)!@!@!#*(@@!@!

Ahh...X-box is getting better all the time. Rainbow 6 is the shi!t, PS2 is what i have though....I can't wait for Halo 2 for x-box, by that time i'll have my own X-box, unless you bro's wanna buy me one now.

Vidooch is offline Associate Member
    PS2 all the way.........

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    I have both, its easier to copy games for the ps2,....but xbox does have more gaming power.
    -Cy

Swellin Guest
    Uhh..copy games...I'm not that advanced.

My wife just brought in my new Xbox...as a V-day present. She knew I was bidding on eBay...so she just picked up one.

Now for the games......

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    gotta have halo, possibly one of the greatest games ever....next would have to be ssx3 or splinter cell...just depends on what you like....ssx3 is highly addictive
    -Cy

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    the only real advantage i see with ps2 is you can play online and don;t have to pay per month lilke xbox.... plus there's no socom II for x box

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    screw RPG'S, MANHUNT is the only game you ever need for ps2.

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

ps2

ps3 is coming out at the end of the year!

socom 2

hey majic you play socom 2 online, if so wanna join a clan?
    Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    the only real advantage i see with ps2 is you can play online and don;t have to pay per month lilke xbox.... plus there's no socom II for x box

Swellin Guest
    Huge problem....873 different games for the PS2...7 games available for the Xbox.

My favorite game of all time...Gran Tourismo...is not available for the Xbox. This makes me unhappy....

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swellin
    Huge problem....873 different games for the PS2...7 games available for the Xbox.

My favorite game of all time...Gran Tourismo...is not available for the Xbox. This makes me unhappy....
    Bro no offense but gran turismo is old school already, you need to get midnight club 2

Swellin Guest
    Understood, but addictions die hard. Thanks for the recommendation...will deffly check it out.

Didn't know I had to be "up to date" on everything...guess these bell bottoms gotta go. LOL. j/k

used

bro get you a used ps2 from a video game shop and play that till the ps3 comes out, cause its going to blow xbox away. plus you dont have to pay monthly to play online.

sorry to hijack swell but does anybody play socom 2 online, if so shoot me a pm.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Stick to ps2. The next xbox (xbox 2) will use a 64 bit G5 processor (same processor Apple uses) and the games will not be backward compatible with the Intel based Xbox 1.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Stick to ps2. The next xbox (xbox 2) will use a 64 bit G5 processor (same processor Apple uses) and the games will not be backward compatible with the Intel based Xbox 1.
    Yeah, but think of it this way, how often do u use the ps1 games on ur PS2, im sure never... By that time who cares...

I love x box, i got it the day it came out, I love the thing, only reason i dont play it ever is because its hooked up to the tv in my truck and i just rather it sit in their then my house becuase i bull shhhit enough on the computer, video games are a complete other realm of distractions if u know what i mean...

BUt the graphics and capibilities are just by far supperior to PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboy123
    Yeah, but think of it this way, how often do u use the ps1 games on ur PS2, im sure never... By that time who cares...

I love x box, i got it the day it came out, I love the thing, only reason i dont play it ever is because its hooked up to the tv in my truck and i just rather it sit in their then my house becuase i bull shhhit enough on the computer, video games are a complete other realm of distractions if u know what i mean...

BUt the graphics and capibilities are just by far supperior to PS2
    So you don't care that the amount of money you've invested in Xbox software and that it won't play on the Xbox 2? At least Sony has said PS2 games will play on the PS3.

From what I hear. Microsoft didn't like that people could hack the Xbox and get windows to run on it. That's why they're switching to the G5 processor. When it comes out, I wonder if someone will come up with a hack to run OS X.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    anybody know what features sony3 is going to have?

ps3

Since the official unveiling of the PlayStation 2, Sony has occasionally alluded to the development of the console's successor. During a keynote speech given around the time of the PS2 unveiling, Shinichi Okomoto, senior vice president of R&D at SCEI, said that the company has already begun research on the PlayStation 3, with hopes of making the next PlayStation 1,000 times as powerful as the PlayStation 2. Around the same time, Ken Kutaragi, CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, said that he already has specific plans for developing advanced graphics chips for the next PlayStation console. Further information regarding the PlayStation 3 has been brought to light in an article in the November issue of Scientific American magazine. Although the scientific community may be familiar with some of the information in the publication, it comes as news to the gaming community.

In the article covering various aspects of digital entertainment, Ken Kutaragi speaks further on the PlayStation 3. According to Kutaragi, the PlayStation and computer entertainment division will serve as the drivers for the entire parent company. With the PlayStation 3, Sony hopes to merge content from its other divisions, such as Sony pictures and Sony music, by establishing a direct chain of distribution and by having the PlayStation 3 serve as the platform hub. Additionally, Sony's plans for the PS3 include online shopping functions, online banking, and other interactive Internet services. Naturally, some of these functions could be introduced to the mass market with the PlayStation 2, but Sony's digital convergence plans for the PS3 seem to be on a larger scale.

With the PlayStation 2 in relative infancy, specific details regarding its successor won't be revealed for some time. However, it is interesting to note Sony's interests in leveraging its other divisions by further proliferating the PlayStation brand in the mass market

Swellin Guest
    Valid arguments...but here is the thing...my wife just bought the Xbox and gave it to me for V-day. I have been playing it, and it is pretty cool. I just ordered a couple of games for it, but I guess I could take the Box back for a refund....and pawn off the games.

How come all of you waited until after I got theis darn thing before responding?

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I say xbox
    2 processors inside compared to one, plus a built in 50,000 block hard drive,
    can't beat it

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    PS2 for sure.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    http://www.eidosregistration.com/TS2-USReg.htm

for all you ps2 whores free demo of time spiltters 2.. hey it isnt much but its free

slamd097 is offline Banned
    X-BOX!!! one game one word....HALO!! enough said...

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I have both............ Sport games are better on Xbox and the shooters are better on PS2. At least they seem that way to me.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I have both............ Sport games are better on Xbox and the shooters are better on PS2. At least they seem that way to me.
    Who cares your gay

SpunHoney is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DF2003
    hey majic you play socom 2 online, if so wanna join a clan?

~ i am addicdted to it!!!! my brother got me hooked! i feel like a dork with the stupid head set on tho!~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~
    ~You know that place between awake and asleep? The place where you remember dreamin' That is were i will always love you, that is where i will wait~

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I've an Xbox....**** thing is addictive that's for sure. I love that Splinter Cell game. My daughter and I play it on weekends and whatnot.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Who cares your gay
    Don't you mean you wish I was gay

RON isn't the only one mass is sending those nude pictures of himself too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information