tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member

Daytona 500 this weekend!!!

Nascar season kicks off this weekend! Lots of fun.

Any NASCAR fans in the house? (Butch, you cheer for Crusty, so your opinion is NOT relevant!! )

Who is gonna win? I'll give you a hint...look at my pics below!!

peace,

ttgb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Daytona 500 this weekend!!!-04sohh1644.jpg   Daytona 500 this weekend!!!-0401hh2578.jpg   Daytona 500 this weekend!!!-0401hh2672.jpg  

mass junkie is offline banned
    you bunch of **** rednecks

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    you bunch of **** rednecks
    HEY!!.......You quit calling me that.....Wait....Nevermind...I resemble that accusation!!...Oh well.....

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Aww, TTGB...you started a war I don't believe you can win my friend...after this poist I am going to put my Rusty avator back up bro....I will be watching this weekend both the Busch and Nextel race...my prediction...Jr in a crash out for the race...Rusty passes him and takes the flag he so willingly deserves....

Check it out buddy....Rusty is in the house!

Just for you TTGB I am going to leave this avator up all year buddy! Just for you my friend!!!!!

Oohhhh....don't say things like that! I was just hoping for Crusty to blow an engine or something...but not hit the wall.

Yeah I've missed the big ole #2 in your avatar...been a while! Can't say that I blame you for taking it down though!!

For real though...crusty is do a win this year. It has been a while. Where is he starting at Sunday? I was out all evening last night and didn't get to see any coverage.

Well my boy maybe Crusty for not winning in a long, long, long time...but he has cleaned himself off...and now it's off to the races!

TTGB here is the poll standings for Sunday:http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2004/1/data/lineup.html

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    You gotta give it up to Rusty baby. I'm for either Rusty or Tony Stewart. I'm pretty **** excited. Hopefully I'll get to go to Bristol this year

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    LOL I thought I was the only one in the world that called him crusty!

Wallace is washed up, he'll go out like Dave Marcis or something. He's lost his edge. And I hope he doesn't get it back.

Jr. may not win, but he'll be up there. Unless he gets too close to Jeff Gordon, in which case he'll get driven into the wall. Here's hoping someone puts Gordon in the wall first.

Sadler is pretty fast. maybe he'll fly again like he did at Talladega? Literally, I mean.

Waltrip is pretty good at Daytona, and so is Marlin. Waltrip POd Jr pretty bad in the 125 though.

I dunno, it's gonna be a hell of a race. This whole season is going to get interesting with these weird new tires and the points the way they are. I can't wait till they drop the green!

-LH

nostawk is offline Associate Member
    IM putting my money on Waltrip or Earnhardt Jr. ......................they seem to have had the restricter plate races on lockdown.................but Id really like to see Mark Martin win it all this year.......................and I think Rusty will have a decent year and maybe win a few but i doubt he'll win Daytona.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humungous
    Wallace is washed up, he'll go out like Dave Marcis or something.
    Haha. Wallace = Marcis. That's hilarious. I don't think one of the DEI cars will win this year because everybody is so out to get them. Sadler looks good and so does Ricky Rudd. I'm rooting for my favorite though, Bobby Labonte.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    Haha. Wallace = Marcis. That's hilarious. I don't think one of the DEI cars will win this year because everybody is so out to get them. Sadler looks good and so does Ricky Rudd. I'm rooting for my favorite though, Bobby Labonte.
    yep...Mr. Death has a thing for "Texas boys"!!! j/k bro. I like both the Labonte boys too!

But...it'll be a DEI AGAIN this year too!!

peace,

ttgb

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_4446
    You gotta give it up to Rusty baby. I'm for either Rusty or Tony Stewart. I'm pretty **** excited. Hopefully I'll get to go to Bristol this year
    xavier...I was at bristol 2 years ago...most fun I've ever had. It was the race where Gordon bumped Crusty for the 2nd time. Was listening to it live on scanners too. Good times!! Sorry Crusty fans...I know that you guys want to forget those times...

peace,

ttgb

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humungous
    LOL I thought I was the only one in the world that called him crusty!

Wallace is washed up, he'll go out like Dave Marcis or something. He's lost his edge. And I hope he doesn't get it back.

Jr. may not win, but he'll be up there. Unless he gets too close to Jeff Gordon, in which case he'll get driven into the wall. Here's hoping someone puts Gordon in the wall first.

Sadler is pretty fast. maybe he'll fly again like he did at Talladega? Literally, I mean.

Waltrip is pretty good at Daytona, and so is Marlin. Waltrip POd Jr pretty bad in the 125 though.

I dunno, it's gonna be a hell of a race. This whole season is going to get interesting with these weird new tires and the points the way they are. I can't wait till they drop the green!

-LH

I agree with all of your insightful opinions young man!!

peace,

ttgb

Quote Originally Posted by nostawk
    IM putting my money on Waltrip or Earnhardt Jr. ......................they seem to have had the restricter plate races on lockdown.................but Id really like to see Mark Martin win it all this year.......................and I think Rusty will have a decent year and maybe win a few but i doubt he'll win Daytona.
    Mark Martin????? I was with you the whole post...until you said mark martin!! lol

Butch...thanks for the starting grid!

peace,

ttgb

Mark Martin is good...LaBonte boys are tough drives...however, everyone is picking Ryan Newman to win it...they say his engineering background and all should help their team out. I like Newman but I don't believe he'll win...my money is on Kevin Harvick...lmao...no for some reason I think Jr is going to do it. I hope my boy RUSTY is in the top five...he just has to make a come back...man I have been taking a lot of **** for him lately...not only from you noys but others I know as well....I'm crossing my fingers for you Rusty.

Ryan Newman is a guy to watch for sure. Daytona isn't his track though, he does better on the shorter tracks. Then he is TRULY a rocket. Thing is he usually wins or crashes. The guy drives like a machine. He does some of the craziest stuff too, always being different and pushing the envelope. Love him or hate him, that guy is going to make a serious name for himself, if he lives long enough.

On a side note, I loved it last year when Gordon ran out of gas on the last lap and Harvick smacked into him pushing him out of the way. Then they asked for a comment, and Harvick was like "well, he should have gotten out of the way". LOL

Sorry, but I live to watch Jeff Gordon have bad days.

GO Jr!!!!!

-LH

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    yep...Mr. Death has a thing for "Texas boys"!!!
    I always root for my Kentucky boys too. Michael Waltrip, Jeremy Mayfield, and Jeff Green.

Mikey is from Kentucky?? Dam...learn something new every day!! I guess I like a Ketucky boy too....you know...the whole DEI thing!

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I am a huge sports fan and I respect the drivers skills but I am not going to watch a bunch of cars going round and round and round. Just show me the last 10 laps and all the crashes.

xavier...I was at bristol 2 years ago...most fun I've ever had. It was the race where Gordon bumped Crusty for the 2nd time. Was listening to it live on scanners too. Good times!! Sorry Crusty fans...I know that you guys want to forget those times...

peace,

ttgb
    I WAS THERE TOO!!! I was in the kulwikui (sp?) section like 20 rows from the track. Man I thought Rusty was going to pull out that victory until Gordon pumped him I was fuc*ing hott.

well, Dale Jr. won. Its crazy how he can run like that. .........Tony Stewart was running good too, i thought he'd win until Dale got by him. If Wimmer had fresh tires i think he could of caught up maybe pushed Tony by. If it wer up to me Martin would win since he never has or maybe Rusty. but i won 50 bucks of Dale so im happy

I can't say that I'm surprised, but I thought they would be able to stop him. He was impressive today.

I watched Dale sitting behind Stewart for a long time, seeming like he couldn't get around him. I wonder if he knew he could take him alone and was just saving tires? Hmm...

Boy, Waltrip wasn't a happy camper huh? I suppose he'll cool down after he gets all that dirt out of his teeth.

Kurt Busch can lick my tail, that sorry SOB.

Gordon ended up where he belonged (nowhere).

Oh and where was good ole Crusty HMMMMMM????? Teeheeheeheeheehe.

My boy won and that rocks, I'm a happy guy.

-LH

Big ups to Earnhardt for winning. It was well deserved, but next year is all Tony baby.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I'm not down with the mullet 500

Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    I'm not down with the mullet 500
    Then stay the fukk up there in the snow, eh.

-LH

I definately agree with Lord H about Dale saving tires and or just biding his time because he had no help on that pass yet still got by him.

Swellin Guest
    It looked like Stewart lost a little something after that pit stop. I felt like those two cars were pretty darn close up until the last stop....the way Jr. drove by the 20...they might need to search his car and his suit for a bottle. Heck of a race!!!

For the record, I pull for Rusty if he has a prayer. I also like Stewart, Robbie Gordon, and DJ....of course Jr is okay too.

How about the way Stewart felt about Andretti?

"Ten days of racing is a long time, and (Andretti) runs out of talent around day three."

"It was really my fault, I knew not to get anywhere near him (Andretti). He wrecks, cause that's what he does."
    Last edited by Swellin; 02-15-2004 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swellin
    It looked like Stewart lost a little something after that pit stop. I felt like those two cars were pretty darn close up until the last stop....the way Jr. drove by the 20...they might need to search his car and his suit for a bottle. Heck of a race!!!

For the record, I pull for Rusty if he has a prayer. I also like Stewart, Robbie Gordon, and DJ....of course Jr is okay too.

How about the way Stewart felt about Andretti?

"Ten days of racing is a long time, and (Andretti) runs out of talent around day three."

"It was really my fault, I knew not to get anywhere near him (Andretti). He wrecks, cause that's what he does."
    HAHA!!

Yeah, it seems everyone has a beef with Andretti. I can't remember who, but Thursday somebody (maybe Cope) was saying "I must have saved his sorry ass 10 times, and this is how he shows his appreciation...no more". Only Gordon get's more beef on him.

I think Jr had that under his belt the whole time and was saving it till the end. But he really didn't look like he had anything for Stewart until lap #179 or so. Then he pulledt he trigger and ran off. Jr does that better than anybody in the plate races. Except Waltrip, but he has a migraine and a dirt infection about now. Heh.

Daytona looked different this year. The draft was practically non existant. I wonder what Talladega will be like? I can't wait

I dunno boys, it's a new era in Nascar. You can feel it from top to bottom, everything just changed.....*click*.

-LH

Junior Won!!!!!

sorry just now getting back to this thread guys...I was out of town on a hunting trip.

I had to listen to the race on the radio driving home yesterday...now I have missed jr's last 2 wins...maybe I need to quit watching all of the races!!??

Sounded like a good race overall...little boring there about half way through till the last 20-30 laps, but a good race overall.

It's going to be an exciting year in NASCAR this year!!

peace,

ttgb

I am just now getting to the thread...Congrats to Jr...her truly did deserve it!

Now about my boy Rusty...his car was running like **** and he got smakced out of the race...in my opinion...not his fault. Sucks though he has been racing for so many years and has yet to win it...I guess Daytona is not his track.

But it was an exciting race...if Rusty could not of won it then Dale was certainly my next pick...did you all watch the BUSCH Race yesterday....pretty sweet race...alot of bumping and grinding...good ole racing!

talon is offline Senior Member
    Yes, Little E did a hell of a job obtaining three wins over speed weeks. Both the 125 for qualification and the 500, plus the bush series race. This is def. shaping up to be a hell of year racing. Oh and Mass that REDNECK comment wasnt funny.......

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    All right...except for the FREAKING sponsor change..i'm jakked for the season!!!! My boys under Coach Gibbs will be runnin the tracks this year

Anybody here to any fantasy racin?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    kc... I used to do the fantasy racin... may have to start again just to whoop up on ya.

Jr won and he's gonna keep on winning sorry to tell ya'll.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Jr won and he's gonna keep on winning sorry to tell ya'll.
    I knew I like BT for some reason!!

Yeah I hope Jr keeps on going. I like both of Gibbs drivers...but I don't really like Joe Gibbs. He won't be around much this year anyway.

Does anyone know when the race will be replayed on Speed Channel? I've seen most of the highlights but I want to catch all of it since I was on the road Sunday.

Butch...sorry about Crusty bro...I really thought he would run well this year at Daytona. His is coming though...he'll be winning a race this year...no doubt.

peace,

ttgb

I knew I like BT for some reason!!

Yeah I hope Jr keeps on going. I like both of Gibbs drivers...but I don't really like Joe Gibbs. He won't be around much this year anyway.

Does anyone know when the race will be replayed on Speed Channel? I've seen most of the highlights but I want to catch all of it since I was on the road Sunday.

Butch...sorry about Crusty bro...I really thought he would run well this year at Daytona. His is coming though...he'll be winning a race this year...no doubt.

peace,

ttgb
    TTGB, try going on Speed Channels website. I konw TNT replayed it Monday night (no help to you now). But I think if you go online you maybe able to find it. If I have down time at work I'll try to find out for you.

Thread Information