ross3814 is offline Member

help!! macroeconomics anyone?!?!

i missed the first 2 days of class and i dont know what the hell is going on in this class. mabey i would have a shot if the instructor spoke english but he's african and i don't know what the hell the guy ever says. how do you make a possibilities table? also, can anyone give me a simple example of opportunity cost? i usually do pretty well with this stuff but i wasn't sure that i was gonna be able to attend class this semester because i couldn't afford books. so i missed the first 2 days. i borrowed $$$ though so now i can go. shi t if anyone knows about managerial acct. they can pm me too. i doubt this thread gets much response but it's worth a try.

Wiggum is offline Associate Member
    ****, haven't taken macro in a long time but isn't opp cost the act of decreasing production/output of one product in order to increase the production of another? Something about the PPC curve.

If I"m right, i'm definitely a dork.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    It has been a few years since I took Micro . . . but I do remember that Opportunity Cost is when you give up one thing to get another. For example, maybe the opportunity cost for buying your next cycle is a ski vacation you wanted to take. You can't do both.

That is the kind of thing that should be indexed in the back of your textbook, bro. Its a major and basic concept in Economics. My best advice is to find someone - anyone who looks like they might take good notes (they usually sit in the front and ask a lot of questions) - and copy their notes. Ask them what you missed. Otherwise you may have to drop the class.

ross3814 is offline Member
    yea, the friggin guy who dosen't speak english wrote the **** book and it sucks.

TOMMY-GUNN is offline Associate Member
    testify is correct ross

also, don't stress too much ross......i took micro in first yr and went to one class and did fine.....the concepts arent too tough at all if you are taking a basic econ course. read the chapters again that u covered and see if that helps.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    Testify nailed it. The big thing to remember about macro is think "big picture" if you can train your brain to think that way you'll nail the class. If you ever need any help...let me know. Econ minor here

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    The opportunity cost of us all spending so much time on this board is the time we could have spent jacking off, pumping a broad, working, in the gym, or playing video games.

151 is offline Associate Member
    Why are the Econ classes always taught by foreigners? I think mine was from India and I could never understand anything he said.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    mine was taught by a "just outta college, assistant professor" 6'3", 230 pounds and it was summer lol, might just be why i actually went to that class...

Vidooch is offline Associate Member
    i took both macroeconomics and managerial accounting already. unfortunately i dont remember much of it for it was a year ago. i will send you a PM soon though, i might be able to help

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    do a search on google...pretty basic concepts that you should be able to get info from lots of different areas.

peace,

ttgb

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I took both economics courses in college 5 years ago and looking back they are absolutely useless.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999
    I took both economics courses in college 5 years ago and looking back they are absolutely useless.
    yep!!

so are most courses you take in university it seems to me.....im in a commerce program and the first two years are mostly introductory courses.....i will gain nothing out of them.

Hey Vidooch, what did u think of Managerial Accounting? I took it last year. Sup Brut Class!

Thread Information