Thread: Hey Mr. Doctor

Terinox is offline The One & Only

Hey Mr. Doctor

I probably posted this before and all. I'm having shoulder pains, but it's usually just when I lift heavy. Usually military press, and it's been going on for about 4 months now. Any chance I can tell whether it's the rotator cuff or wut? I've stopped doing military press, and I just do it with dumbells.

I once had knee pains when doing squats, and I went to the doc, he came me Naprosyn, which is an anti-inflammatory pill (NSAID) which stands for non-steroidable something something.

If it is the rotator, is there anything I can do. I took 3 weeks off from working out and it still hurt when I came back, so what da hell is it? It's only my left shoulder too. And like I said, the only time it hurts is when I do military (and sometimes incline bench).

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    basically doc before gave you super asprin, naproxen - you can buy in a store - NSAID is non steroidial anti inflamatory drug - as apposed to a steroid like cortisol

couldnt tell you what the problem is, might just be an injury with soft tissue damage - activerelease.com might have someeon in your area

BLACKZILLA is offline Associate Member
    Could be the cuff. Check with a dr, maybe go for an MRI. If it is the cuff and its waek in comparison to your other shoulder muscles, like many other people, there are exercises and lifts you can perform to strenghten them. There was another well explained post regarding this that I think I read last night. Give a nice little search to see if you can bring it up. (I know it specifically mentioned the lifts that place extra stress on the rotator cuffs) Good luck, I've had the same problems and they really are a negative in the gym.

Alright thanks for the replies. I will try and make a doctors appointment soon and see what happenes. I don't know about the MRI. Things like that take forever here in Canada, but it's not a bad idea to ask anyways.

I hope it's nothing too bad. Lately I just do shoulder raises and the such to avoid the pain. When I do dumbell lateral and front and rear raises, I don't feel any pain, so that's good.

I will be doing a cycle of Sustanon soon, about a gram worth of juice. Is this still okay? Will the shoulder get in the way of this? Everything is already planned out, and I will start probably Monday (first shot).

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    Alright thanks for the replies. I will try and make a doctors appointment soon and see what happenes. I don't know about the MRI. Things like that take forever here in Canada, but it's not a bad idea to ask anyways.

I hope it's nothing too bad. Lately I just do shoulder raises and the such to avoid the pain. When I do dumbell lateral and front and rear raises, I don't feel any pain, so that's good.

I will be doing a cycle of Sustanon soon, about a gram worth of juice. Is this still okay? Will the shoulder get in the way of this? Everything is already planned out, and I will start probably Monday (first shot).
    Terinox, don't start your cycle until you can properly train or at least have found an acceptable routine that allows you to train around your injuries. There is no way you will get an MRI for what a doc will call 'slight shoulder pain' because most docs are pretty old school and will just tell you to stop training for a while. In short, figure out exactly what exercises you can do pain free and make a program out of them. Try the routine out for a couple of weeks to know that you are satisfied with it and only then should you think about your next cycle. Happy travels.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Yea.....train around the pain..... this is your chance to really hit those legs..

2x a week... you can do it..............

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Terinox, don't start your cycle until you can properly train or at least have found an acceptable routine that allows you to train around your injuries. There is no way you will get an MRI for what a doc will call 'slight shoulder pain' because most docs are pretty old school and will just tell you to stop training for a while. In short, figure out exactly what exercises you can do pain free and make a program out of them. Try the routine out for a couple of weeks to know that you are satisfied with it and only then should you think about your next cycle. Happy travels.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Thanks for the advice, I was thinking along the same lines I have noticed that my shoulder only hurts doing military with the barbell. Not when doing it with the dumbells. Also, incline sometimes, depending on how I do it and how heavy I go, so I could just mix that up a bit and go with dumbells. Also, another thing is, my shoulders are probably one of my strongest points. They are pretty full, and quite strong, so it's okay if I go a bit lighter on them for a while.

I'm thinking (on shoulder days) to just to various extension exercises. I've done this for about 2 weeks now, and not only do I get a good pump out of it, there is no pain.

However, just curious, in terms of the pain, is it just a matter of time? Wait it out? Will this be something that just takes time? Or should I still go see a doctor about this? And if he DOES tell me to stop lifting (like you said, most people would just say lay off for a while) should I?

Thnx,
    T.

Did you try the deca ... see if that would remove the pain issue... it really worked for me... and the pain didn't come back afterwards..

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    Thanks for the advice, I was thinking along the same lines I have noticed that my shoulder only hurts doing military with the barbell. Not when doing it with the dumbells. Also, incline sometimes, depending on how I do it and how heavy I go, so I could just mix that up a bit and go with dumbells. Also, another thing is, my shoulders are probably one of my strongest points. They are pretty full, and quite strong, so it's okay if I go a bit lighter on them for a while.

I'm thinking (on shoulder days) to just to various extension exercises. I've done this for about 2 weeks now, and not only do I get a good pump out of it, there is no pain.

However, just curious, in terms of the pain, is it just a matter of time? Wait it out? Will this be something that just takes time? Or should I still go see a doctor about this? And if he DOES tell me to stop lifting (like you said, most people would just say lay off for a while) should I?

Thnx,
    T.

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

Ter bro, go see a sports med doctor and get xrays of the rotator cuff to make sure nothing is messed up in there and there is no calcium buildup in the cuff (shiet we got free healthcare, USE IT!!!)

Also drop all "behind the head" presses and stuff, my neurologist forbade them when my left arm paralysed last fall.

Red

Good one.. Ter........I thought from another thread you had already seen a doc.???

well work on those legs............

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Ter bro, go see a sports med doctor and get xrays of the rotator cuff to make sure nothing is messed up in there and there is no calcium buildup in the cuff (shiet we got free healthcare, USE IT!!!)

Also drop all "behind the head" presses and stuff, my neurologist forbade them when my left arm paralysed last fall.

Red

Rules

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup

Red
    I'll second that. It can also do damage to your neck and is not good for your shoulders

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    btw i think this should be in the AS forum..maybe i should move it

Alright, I'll make an appointment with the doc for next week. And I'll let you know what he says. And yes, I have stopped all "behind the neck" exercises. I'm gonna just concentrate on laterals and stuff with dumbells and cables (still gives a great pump, so might as well).

Only down side is that last year during cycle, we went as high as doing 225 on military, and in a school gym, that looks **** impressive Especially when people generally can't do more than 95-135lbs tops.

FI, if you think it's better in the Steroid Forum, then sure, do as you wish

Thread Information