View Poll Results: What were you in High School and College?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • High School and College Jock

58 30.69%
  • High School Jock and College Nerd

18 9.52%
  • High School Jock only

41 21.69%
  • High School and College Nerd

26 13.76%
  • Pro Athlete

2 1.06%
  • None of the above, I'm a dopehead

44 23.28%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned

POLL: What were you in High School & college

Be honest , what were you in school?

I was and still am the dweeby nerd. I have worn glasses since I was 10 years old. I could not throw or catch a ball, was clumsy and lousy at sports.

I love sports just can't play them.

Did you hate kids in High School that were not jocks? Did you look down on them?
    Last edited by Canes4Ever; 02-12-2002 at 02:13 PM.

In high school, I was known as the nice guy, but not excessively popular. In College I am know as muscle head, but still the nice guy.

Originally posted by THE BIG RED MACHINE
    In high school, I was known as the nice guy, but not excessively popular. In College I am know as muscle head, but still the nice guy.
    Big Red, do you find that people that once may not have talked to you, because you were just a "normal guy", now will speak to you and include you in their group because you now have big muscles?

Interesting Diesel !!!!

Originally posted by Diesel
    I did not hate kids in school that were not jocks. As a matter of fact some of them were pretty cool once you got to know them. Fact is though that when you are a jock in school you spend so much time between class, practice, gym, etc... You only have time to really get to know your fellow jocks.
    Now the dopeheads. They were the ones I would stuff in the lockers.
    I had some very rough experiences with the jock types. I was a band nerd, and because we had band practice after school, I took gym 1st class every semester, with the jocks because they also had their after school sports.

They just couldn't understand why I couldn't catch a ball or throw one as well as they could. It was terrible at the time you were picking teams, as they would say the worst things about you and my already bad self-esteem would sink even lower.

Upon reflection, Jr & High School was not one of the hightlights of my life.

Farmer is offline Member
    I wanna know who was the pro athelete

peace

Originally posted by Canes4Ever

Big Red, do you find that people that once may not have talked to you, because you were just a "normal guy", now will speak to you and include you in their group because you now have big muscles?
    To tell you the truth Canes, I now Dwarf most of those guys that were the big Jocks back in high school. I’m Canadian and most of them worked out (barely) just because they played high school hockey. Once high school was over and they were forced to realize that they had no real talent outside of that, most of them stopped working out and being active all together. So I save my sarcasm for them. To answer your question best, I would say most of them kiss my ass now as oppose to how they used to treat the non-jocks in high school. Ahhhh muscle mass is such sweet revenge. Ok, I’m ready for Jenny Jones now.

Originally posted by Farmer
    I wanna know who was the pro athelete

peace
    Yeah would be interesting to know......

Come out, Come out wherever you are, welcome to Munchkin Land

To tell you the truth Canes, I now Dwarf most of those guys that were the big Jocks back in high school. I’m Canadian and most of them worked out (barely) just because they played high school hockey. Once high school was over and they were forced to realize that they had no real talent outside of that, most of them stopped working out and being active all together. So I save my sarcasm for them. To answer your question best, I would say most of them kiss my ass now as oppose to how they used to treat the non-jocks in high school. Ahhhh muscle mass is such sweet revenge. Ok, I’m ready for Jenny Jones now.
    That's cool. I have noticed that actually many of your bodybuilders at one time actually were the skinny guy who was picked on, and many of them have sympathy with the skinny kid who is getting picked on.

lil_josh is offline Junior Member
    I am a preppie type in high school, have never been the nerdy type though. Deffinantly not the football player jock type, I play baseball

Originally posted by Canes4Ever

That's cool. I have noticed that actually many of your bodybuilders at one time actually were the skinny guy who was picked on, and many of them have sympathy with the skinny kid who is getting picked on.
    That's right Canes, what goes around comes around. I am in no way regretful as to how things went in high school. If things happened a little differently and I hit that early growth spurt, I could very well have been that dickhead hockey jock and treated the non-jocks badly. I actually think that being small then, shaped me into the self-confident nice guy that I am today. I never look at a smaller guy in the gym that the jocks tease and think, "You're worthless", because I know that 5-10 years from now that kid could be bigger and more successful than any of them.

Hmmmmm, I have to respectfully disagree....

Originally posted by lil_josh
    I am a preppie type in high school, have never been the nerdy type though. Deffinantly not the football player jock type, I play baseball
    Actually I have found that the baseball players were the bigger snobs in High School and College (not meaning you personally). I thought of them as definately the "Jock" type.

That's right Canes, what goes around comes around. I am in no way regretful as to how things went in high school. If things happened a little differently and I hit that early growth spurt, I could very well have been that dickhead hockey jock and treated the non-jocks badly. I actually think that being small then, shaped me into the self-confident nice guy that I am today. I never look at a smaller guy in the gym that the jocks tease and think, "You're worthless", because I know that 5-10 years from now that kid could be bigger and more successful than any of them.
    Big Red, so right you are....I recently had a run in with one of those types at the gym. I'm not sure how to retrieve a thread on here, but it was several weeks ago. I talked about the guy who came into our gym recently, and made fun of my 225 lb deadlift. By the way, a week later he was taken in handcuffs by the police from the gym owing to an incident he had with another gym patron.

If it seems strange but I used to daydream, believe it or not, that I had the powers of the witches on the Bewitched show and I would dream at night about how I would get back at the asshole jocks and make them respect me. Dumb I know, but shows how low my self-esteem was as a kid.

Guess your wish came true if he left in bracelets though didn’t it? I guarantee he’s gonna ditch that tough guy attitude once he spends some time behind bars with the “right” people.

Guess your wish came true if he left in bracelets though didn’t it? I guarantee he’s gonna ditch that tough guy attitude once he spends some time behind bars with the “right” people.
    Oh yeah he will. He actually wasn't even arrested for what he did at the gym, when the police questioned him, and checked his background, they found out he was wanted on several outstanding warrents.

gymnut4u is offline Member
    nice guy and good friend -jock but not a stuck up ass ,didnt go to well with the stuck up jock crowd ,lol

SORTA THE NOT READY FOR PRIME-TIME PLAYER.....

MYSELF AND 4 OTHER GUYS WERE KINDA JOCKS BUT NOT THE BEST. BUT EVERYONE LIKED US CAUSE WE WERE FRIENDS WITH THE REAL JOCK HEADS, BURN OUTS, BAND FAGS AND ACTUALLY SOME NERDS TOO....SO WE WERE NEVER THE MAIN EVENT AT ANY SOCIAL GATHERING BUT WE KNEW EVERYONE...

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Wheres the party animals ??
    I was the drunkin pothead dude that never went to class.
    you should see the looks on the people i knew in high schools faces when they see me as i am now.
    It feels good.
    They cant believe i put down the bong and picked up a dumbell. But they will never understand the high i get from lifting.

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    Football jock all tha way

Originally posted by Tennis_God
    Wellllll....In higschool I was known as the guy who plays tennis 24/7. I was rarely in school due to constant tournaments, and many people were angry with me for having things "easy." They felt my getting into a good college based on tennis was unfair. In college I am known as a total jock. And those who see me tend to always place me in a category without getting to truly know me. But, I am friends with everyone and most like me
    TG are you still in college? How has having big muscles affected your ability to play tennis? Are you still on the tennis team or have you quit to bodybuild?

Inquiring minds want to know

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I was a jock for half my high school career, then I ditched the team sports for weight lifting, as It kept my interest, and I actually WANTED to train every day. Well in college, I'm just a ...well I go to parties 3+ times a week, so I duno, that makes me a ...well NORMAL!

BTW I don't drink, so for all you college boys out there pondering on whether or not to do a cycle because "I GOTTA DRINK!!! IM IN COLLEGE!!!" . Well get your priorities straight, you wanna be HUGE? Or do you wanna get drunk and look like an idiot. Shit I don't need alcohol to make me look like an idiot, I just be myself.
    Last edited by PaPaPumP; 02-13-2002 at 01:58 AM.

bortort is offline Associate Member
    I graduated High school at 120#'s and played no sports. I was friends with every kinda group there was, but I was far from a jock. I started asking around about AS back then, but was told I was too young. (guess what, I waited ) I now went to my 10 year , and nobody knew who I was. I feel much better about myself know.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Ya bro, I left at 140. I can't wait for mine already.

$uperman is offline Member
    I played football and baseball in highschool. I didnt act like a jock though , i barely ever wore my letter jacket. Most of my friends were in the " IN CROUD " and i was considered popular but i pretty much hung w/ everyone i talked to anyone. I dressed prep and still do , i didnt act like a snob though , i didnt want any enemys. I enjoyed gettting to know different people. I still play baseball , i play for college and our team is the base of the school but i still dont want to be considered above everyone else.

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    I played football and basketball in high school. Usually I hung out with the guys I played ball with. But I did have friends who were'nt in sports. I always tried to treat everyone the same.

Thanks for responding Papa

Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    I was a jock for half my high school career, then I ditched the team sports for weight lifting, as It kept my interest, and I actually WANTED to train every day. Well in college, I'm just a ...well I go to parties 3+ times a week, so I duno, that makes me a ...well NORMAL!

BTW I don't drink, so for all you college boys out there pondering on whether or not to do a cycle because "I GOTTA DRINK!!! IM IN COLLEGE!!!" . Well get your priorities straight, you wanna be HUGE? Or do you wanna get drunk and look like an idiot. Shit I don't need alcohol to make me look like an idiot, I just be myself.
    Drinking 2 drinks takes away the whole fat buring you got in one workout. So for every 2 beers you drink, you lose a workout. Not too smart if you ask me.

Originally posted by $uperman
    I played football and baseball in highschool. I didnt act like a jock though , i barely ever wore my letter jacket. Most of my friends were in the " IN CROUD " and i was considered popular but i pretty much hung w/ everyone i talked to anyone. I dressed prep and still do , i didnt act like a snob though , i didnt want any enemys. I enjoyed gettting to know different people. I still play baseball , i play for college and our team is the base of the school but i still dont want to be considered above everyone else.
    Tulane ? LSU ? New Orleans ? La-Layfayette? La-Monroe? Let us know.

Dude, I'm a huge college baseball fan. (if you see my sig, it's shows I'm a huge Canes fan). We have a game tonight, and are having a rough season, uncharacteristic of a Miami record, being 2-4 so far. I knew it would be rough, but didn't think it would be this bad. Especially coming off a National Championship.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i was a jock in high school and college, but that doesn't mean that i don't LOVE my dutch masters after a long day at work and a tough workout. i need a category for high school/collge jock/dopehead!

Question

Anybody with guesses as to who the 2 pro athletes are in our midst?

KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    I hear you on that one dane. In HS i was athletic, and did real well in class, all my HS friends were the "in crowd" i guess, which then just meant you drank heavily and smoked alot, and did alot of stupit shit. All my friends I grew up with were the neighborhood dilenquents though. I dont think i had one person that I would actually chill with in any of my classes in hs, or college for that matter. I like hardcore, and the MX scene, but I play ball and hell i dunno, im pretty normal I guess. Never really bullied anyone unless I was stickin up for some little freshmen or somethin. Im kinda a sarcastic goof too. Guess i was the athletic/nerdy/wise ass/dopehead

ibiza69 is offline Senior Member
    i hardly even went to highschool. i did most of my schooling on a bus, because i played junior hockey in the whl (most canadians should know what the whl is). but i still had friends in school eventhough i was only there maybe 2 days a week, playing hockey made me pretty popular but i knew most of the people who hung out with me did so only because i played junior hockey. and thought that i might one day play pro (drafted in the 7th round by the ny islanders),which i am not doing because of very severe hip problems. its been almost a year and a half since i graduated highschool and i hav'nt played hockey since the summer. i'm really into bb now, i've been lifting since i was 15, i'm 20 now and have been juicing now since i was 17. i'm thinking about doing my first comp in maybe 2003. i'm about 265-270 at 6"
    15% bf. kinda going on and on but i think highschool is great, at least for me it was the best time of my life, so far anyways

Originally posted by ibiza69
    , playing hockey made me pretty popular but i knew most of the people who hung out with me did so only because i played junior hockey. and thought that i might one day play pro (drafted in the 7th round by the ny
    How did it make you feel Ibiza, knowing that these folks only hung out with you because of your athletic prowess, and not because of the REAL person you are? Did you feel they were fake and not really interested in knowing you?

canes, honestley is made me feel kind of used, i know it sounds sappy but it did. but you basically see right through those kind of people.

canes, honestley is made me feel kind of used, i know it sounds sappy but it did. but you basically see right through those kind of people.
    Its sad because I'm sure they missed out on knowing a good guy. Shame that some people only can put a value on someone because of their physical size and strength, because one's strength of character is worth much, much more.

Ibiza (and others) are people treating you differently now that you are older and in the "real world" so to speak? Are people seeing you for what you are worth inside and not just because of your big muscles?

people are so different now that i go university as apossed to highschool because more value is put on the person rather than the cool car that people drove in highschool or if their a jock or even because if they have a grat phisique. once you are in the "real world" everything changes people tend to mature their ideas about what is important in life. i feel that people are seeing me for what i am as a person and not what i look like or what i do.
    BTW good question Canes4ever

Thumbs up Thanks dood !

people are so different now that i go university as apossed to highschool because more value is put on the person rather than the cool car that people drove in highschool or if their a jock or even because if they have a grat phisique. once you are in the "real world" everything changes people tend to mature their ideas about what is important in life. i feel that people are seeing me for what i am as a person and not what i look like or what i do.
    BTW good question Canes4ever

I was hoping more of the guys and gals would answer it, so this is a bit of a BUMP

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    straight up PUNK , mohawk, leather, and a skate board

celly510 is offline Junior Member
    i never played sports in highschool even though i couldve. i play in college now though so go figure. i never got beat up in high school. ive been 6'1 200 lbs since i was a sophmore and was freinds with all the scary people at my school.

Kid Shred is offline Member
    High School Senior- 145 pound Stoner
    College Senior - 185 pound Stoner
    Currently - 212 pound "no comment"

Re: dopehead

Originally posted by 47john
    wannabe jock
    Why only wannabe John? Were you on a sports team but not very good? That is still means you were better than 99% of your classmates.

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Actually I was a Rocker!.. Made 1st runner up in Homecoming though.
    Looks like I'm alone on this thread in the female dept...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information