chevy44 is offline Member

Legal Advice Please Help

okay im gonna make this short.....
    my lil bros good friend got arrested for streaking (butt naked)at there h.s. bball game last night. now the kid is 18, they already expelled him, he stayed the night in jail, and now my lil bro told me that they're prosecuting him (because apparently some parents didnt like the act and are pressing charges) and they might register him as a sex offender!!!!! wtf!!! now hes a good kid, 3.4 gpa, 3 yr letterman in football/baseball, and is very well known and liked at school. now to everyone who reads this, what do u think they will do to this kid??? considering all the circumstances. i guess my bro was egging him on to do it, and he feels like **** because the kid did it, and it may have very well ruined his life... thanx guys

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    people take this kind of thing VERY seriously, it was a stupid thing to do, especially when he is 18. get a good lawyer, thats all you can do. expulsion is the least of your worries, i know 4 people (3 guys 1 girl) back in high school who are registered sex offenders now because they pulled the same stunt.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    He will be a registered sex offender...no doubt. Might even have a little jail time, but if first offense probably not. Nowadays can't get away with stuff like that. Hate to hear about it bro.

peace,

ttgb

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    get a good lawyer, thats all you can do.
    Yep. All he can do now is just hope that his lawyer can keep him off the sex offender list.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Since his record is spotless, good student, etc., the lawyer might be able to make a good case for him and request a deferred prosecution. This means if he stays out of trouble for a specific period of time, maybe goes to some group (counseling or something like that) and whatever else the judge puts on him, the charge goes away. If he gets arrested for Jaywalking during that time, the old charge comes back and he's screwed. This is where he needs a lot of support (family, friends, teachers) to come to his aid and say good things about him in front of the judge. If he has plans to go into the military or has been accepted to a college, etc, his lawyer should also point that out. The conviction and sex offender status will seriously hamper his chances of a successful future. He needs make sure the judge understands that he is very sorry (maybe he can take out an ad in the local paper and make a public apology for his inappropriate actions at the community event), and that if given a second chance...it will never happen again.

Best of luck for him.

C.B.
    Last edited by Commando_Barbi; 02-13-2004 at 02:48 PM.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

nj123 is offline Member
    a guy did this at one of our football games in only a jock strap and nothin happened to him.. he made it away from the game but they knew it was him and got him at school, but they didnt do anything. I bet you bros friend will prolly get what commando is talkin about deferred judification. Did he get a misdemeanor or felony?

i think it was a felony.... either way it doesnt look good for the kid.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    this right here is why the "megan's law" sex offender law needs to be adjusted. streakers and teenagers having sex with a bf/gf do not need to be registered sex offenders. in my mind, if it was not a violent act, keep them off. (i know what about GHB and such, well its much better to add a statute about incapacitated women than to use a sledge-hammer to drive a nail!).

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    Dang it. I have to go to work or i'd go into detail on this one for ya. Check this thread tomorrow. I can cover this down to the case law and tell ya what might happen. Everyone here can vouch for me if youre interested in my input. I study criminal law.

Jackman is offline Banned
    bro leave the law advice to a lawyer not a bunch of juiceheads..... hehe

well im interested in everyones input! thanx to all

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    just dont think because he is 18 and didnt hurt anybody that he wont be registered. those kids i mentioned above...that was their first offence. they didnt hurt anybody, and now they are registered. get a good lawyer.

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    i go to law school and the best advice i can give is get a lawyer. as for luvmyroids...if your going to look for case law look for case law in his jurisdiction.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    just dont think because he is 18 and didnt hurt anybody that he wont be registered. those kids i mentioned above...that was their first offence. they didnt hurt anybody, and now they are registered. get a good lawyer.

I think every jurisdiction is different. Where I'm from the courts tend to want to save a person's future rather than doom them to failure. This place may have the record on deferred prosecutions.

I was only sharing my experience here....and I've spent a lot of time in court.

C.B.
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffylyte
    this right here is why the "megan's law" sex offender law needs to be adjusted. streakers and teenagers having sex with a bf/gf do not need to be registered sex offenders. in my mind, if it was not a violent act, keep them off. (i know what about GHB and such, well its much better to add a statute about incapacitated women than to use a sledge-hammer to drive a nail!).
    Where I live the prosecutor will not take an underage sex case to court unless the underage person will agree to testify because too often they go to trial and the underage person won't admit to the sexual encounter to protect the older person.

Pisses me off. I had a 23 yo man chasing after my 14 yo daughter and other than a restraining order and threatening to shoot him myself, I couldn't do much else.

Thread Information