Thread: Lately...

peam is offline Suspended

Lately...

whenever I eat, no matter what I eat, I feel sluggish and tired. I don't know what it is. I ate chicken and rice... I felt tired, just wanted to lay on the couch.... I ate an apple hours later.... felt tired, naseous... just wanted to lay down. I don't know why this is happening.... anyone have any ideas? Doc?

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    Are you sure this is happening no matter what you eat or just when you are taking in simple carbs. Like in rice and apples.

Well.... let's see... yesterday I had a sandwhich... so there's bread.... not sure I've eaten anything without any carbs? So I'm not sure?!

When you take in simple carbs you raise your blood sugar level and spike you insulin levels. Insulin delivers nutrients through your body and if you are not doing anything that requires the entergy from the carbs that you are eating your body is going to want to store them for later use. Your body wants you to rest so that it can do what it has to do.

so why doesn't this ALWAYS happen then?

It should only happen when you are not active.

I was out all day.... grrrrr I think it's something else... I think I'm dying!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get that way post cycle sometimes.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peam
    whenever I eat, no matter what I eat, I feel sluggish and tired. I don't know what it is. I ate chicken and rice... I felt tired, just wanted to lay on the couch.... I ate an apple hours later.... felt tired, naseous... just wanted to lay down. I don't know why this is happening.... anyone have any ideas? Doc?
    Nothing a few pots of coffee won't cure. Or Red Bull if you don't care for coffee.

shootdeep is offline Member
    peam, that happened to me last year. it lasted about 3 weeks and the doc said it was a low grade gastrointestinal virus. not strong enough to make you real sick , but enough to screw up your system a bit. that's just what happened to me.

ttuPrincess Guest
    Maybe do you think it has something to do with the fact that you gave blood just the other day and your body is recovering still?

Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    Maybe do you think it has something to do with the fact that you gave blood just the other day and your body is recovering still?

It shouldnt take a healthy person no time at all to recover from giving blood.

ttuPrincess Guest
    I dont know I have never givin blood I was just throwing out a suggestion

cb25 is offline Banned
    I would've suggested low iron (have you been eating your red meat lately?)...but if you gave blood, they wouldn't have let you do it if you were anemic, so it's probably not that...

could be psychological...i go through phases like that...i'm kinda in one now...but it's getting better

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    anyone think the problem, could be mental instead of physical? have you been stressed out lately or really pissed at something?

I am not saying that you are old but this does start to happen more offten as you get older.

lol.... not saying that I'm old.... Maybe it is psychological... maybe since I'm trying to lose bodyfat I'm like.... no I can't eat.... I must starve... I don't know

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    It could be onset of depression maybe

jbolsrn is offline Female Member
    I dont know what to tell you. Did you skip the gym these days you feel like sh#$? One freakin day of not working out makes me feel as if I could lay around all day. And yes, carbs are a downward spiral, esp if you never eat them. Got any ephedrine laying around, or as mentioned above coffee. A sugar free capuccino with an extra shot is ALWAYS a good thing!
    " Who needs experience, when you have medical training"

Thread Information