Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TheOak182 is offline Associate Member

Will be in Long Island (Nassau)!!!

I am going to Long Island for Spring Break (don't ask why) and I need a place to train for a week. Anyone have any suggestions/recommendations?

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Christ Almighty you're coming here? And for spring break? This place sucks the big one. Anyway if you're looking for a good gym there is Gold's Gym in Garden City Park, there is a lot over there and thats where I train. Now I'm sorry you said dont ask why but I have to. Why? LI this place is lame as can be.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Long Island for spring break?.....what are you gonna be doing here?.........i mean Hamptons for the summer is one thing.....but Nassau county?....lol......o well........what part will you be visiting?.....where are you staying?
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

I know, I know Long Island sucks a big one but my girlfriend is from Baldwin, and we have the same Spring Break and she just wants me to come visit. I know it sounds like a huge bitch thing to do (and it is) but why not?!

I trained once before at the Powerhouse Gym in Baldwin (I think) and it took an act of God before they decided to let me train there. I definitly will go to Golds in Garden if no one else has any suggestions.

PJAY71 is offline Junior Member
    This my be a little far off but there's a new gym in Middle Village and it is off-da-hook. Serious powerlifting and BB gym all the way. All the things powerlifters need - dumbells up to 200lbs etc. I'll get more info if you're interested. I'm not gonna touch the Spring Break thing, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by PJAY71
    This my be a little far off but there's a new gym in Middle Village and it is off-da-hook. Serious powerlifting and BB gym all the way. All the things powerlifters need - dumbells up to 200lbs etc. I'll get more info if you're interested. I'm not gonna touch the Spring Break thing, lol!
    I really didn't want to go into the whole spring break issue, but whatever.

I am definitely interested about this gym you're talking about. Shoot me the info and i ll definitely check it out.

Well if you're girl is living in Baldwin you should find a gym close to you. Middle Village is in the city and if you want to go to the city to go to the gym everyday then be my guest. Even the one in garden city park is like 20 minutes and thats on long island.

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    Well if you're girl is living in Baldwin you should find a gym close to you. Middle Village is in the city and if you want to go to the city to go to the gym everyday then be my guest. Even the one in garden city park is like 20 minutes and thats on long island.
    I am going to be in the City for the first part of the trip so i will definitely go check out that gym. **** paying the 15 some odd dollars for the LIRR. If no one else recommends anything else, i will also definitely check out Golds in Garden.

PS What about a place to eat???

Well there are about 600 million places to eat in the city.http://newyork.citysearch.com/ check that out.......where are you from anyway?

CutieFace Guest
    if you're going to be in baldwin then go to iron Island in Island park

you've got apa lifters who train there....easy enough to find a bunch of 600+ benchers there on a saturday afternoon.....

say hello to Ralph.....

Cutie

skinnywuss is offline New Member
    Hey USfighterFC u train at the Garden city Golds? I work at the Bellmore golds(owned by the same people) I have always wanted to go check that one out bc i have a free membership there but i'm always to lazy to drive there.

Does carl own that place to? Tell him to get a new haircut. There are a few owners at Gold's........another dude looks like he's in the sicilian mafia and sleeps on a tanning bed. Go to the one I go to and check it out............and get me a job cuz I'm tired of bouncing.

yeah I don't know about carl hes never at the bellmore one, the mafia guy is Glenn(the terminator he has no emotions) and the other guy is Tony shorter italian guy. yeah if u have a membership there u can workout at the bellmore one also and they are opening one in farmidale right now on 110, im going to personal train at that one when it opens till i open my own gold's next year. Me and my training partner are going to go gym hoping in a couple of weeks just to change it up so i def go check it out over there.

Yeah Glenn thats his name. Yeah even in the gym I go to he never associates with anyone really. He's an oddball usually sporting a blazer and jeans......the zack morris look. I gotta say I really like Gold's it's a great gym and it's got everything.....I just wish it was open later....like say right now cuz I always get so pumped at this time. It's a place I'd def work at but i think they had only a babysitter opening for the day care and I'm no babysitter. Only thing that sucks about the Gold's I go to is there are really no hot girls there and Tera Patrick was in there last week but she never came back.

yeah i've been to all the gyms around my area and I like the golds the best my friend just bought the powerhouse on merrick rd and their changing it too 24 hrs so i might train there somtimes when golds closes bc im always there like 930 till close. The bellmore gym isn't hireing right now but every couple weeks they are ill let u know when there are time slots open.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnywuss
    yeah i've been to all the gyms around my area and I like the golds the best my friend just bought the powerhouse on merrick rd and their changing it too 24 hrs so i might train there somtimes when golds closes bc im always there like 930 till close. The bellmore gym isn't hireing right now but every couple weeks they are ill let u know when there are time slots open.
    You are the man sir.

so many long island peoplesss
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    so many long island peoplesss
    Hell yeah baby.

I hate Long Island more than anything. I despise waking up everyday and realizing I'm here. The only good thing is NYC is right here. But if you want to party there every night you better take out a loan and sell your kids cuz 7 bucks for a corona gets on my nerves.

Stea7jjdyEddie is offline Associate Member
    I work out at the Gold’s in Garden city park as well..............I am the fat ugly out of shape guy doing a lot of cardio..................The one they are opening on RT.110 is by my office is that by the same owners that would be FCUKING great I can go right after work.....I actually signed up for LA fitness in new hyde park 70,000 SQUARE FEET ..............

That SH$$ is crazyyyy.... A pool, Jacuzzi, basketball court, racquetball courts!!!!

I agree that I hate LI as well....................I used to be in Queens that was ok but now on LI How is the gold’s gym in Bellmore any good?

Well to all my Long Island people great to see you on the boards posting keep up the good work!!!!!

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Long Islanders suck

Quote Originally Posted by Stea7jjdyEddie
    ....I actually signed up for LA fitness in new hyde park 70,000 SQUARE FEET ..............

LA Fitness??............i work in New Hyde Park....where is it by?........and 70,000 sq feet......how the hell do i not know?......lol...........i passed by that new place that just opened up.........."Twin Peak" or soemthing like that on Jericho Turnpike.............

i guess anything is better then Synergy...lol...but for some reason i still like it there

I hate Long Island more than anything. I despise waking up everyday and realizing I'm here. The only good thing is NYC is right here. But if you want to party there every night you better take out a loan and sell your kids cuz 7 bucks for a corona gets on my nerves.
    Why the phuck don't you move off the island and come out west where its warm here 360 days out of the year and corona's cost 1.50 (MAX)!

What i really hate and don't understand about long island (besides its ugly as sin) is you drive two blocks and your in another city/town!!! Really...what the phuck!!!

I work out at the Gold’s in Garden city park as well..............I am the fat ugly out of shape guy doing a lot of cardio..................The one they are opening on RT.110 is by my office is that by the same owners that would be FCUKING great I can go right after work.....I actually signed up for LA fitness in new hyde park 70,000 SQUARE FEET ..............

That SH$$ is crazyyyy.... A pool, Jacuzzi, basketball court, racquetball courts!!!!

I agree that I hate LI as well....................I used to be in Queens that was ok but now on LI How is the gold’s gym in Bellmore any good?

Well to all my Long Island people great to see you on the boards posting keep up the good work!!!!!
    That sounds wicked!!! 70,000 sq. feet...are you sure you about that??? Thats phucking huge!!!

I would not lie about this 70,000 SUARE FEET OF GYM!!!!!!

Danielle not sure if it is new Hyde park or not.....it is maybe lake success, right across from LIJ in Sperry park......

If you guys cant imagine a gym that size go to there website www.LAFITNESS.com

Some crazzyyyy SHI$$

Yeah i know where it is it's right across the street from Long Island Jewish Hospital, its right by Lake Success. I've seen it before it's where the old United Nations building used to be.

Yea that is where it is going to be........over the summer they said it would be open and running by January 1st! They sent a letter out around December 15th stating that it was pushed back till April 1st!!! That is total BS I drove by there the other day and the place has nothing done inside the outside is the only thing that is finished......I am guessing they will not be open till around July/August time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOak182

What i really hate and don't understand about long island (besides its ugly as sin) !!!

what the hell are you talking about?!?!?!...........Nassau county is one of the most expensive counties to live in.......thats why so many people are leaving..........mainly because its too **** expensive to live here

what the hell are you talking about?!?!?!...........Nassau county is one of the most expensive counties to live in.......thats why so many people are leaving..........mainly because its too **** expensive to live here
    She does have a point.....it's incredibly hard to live here and I can't see myself buying a house here because it's just way to expensive and difficult. Taxes are unbelievable and so are the prices for everything. You can make 75-80 grand a year and still have a tough time making ends meet. To live comfortably you and your spouse have to make a combined income of like 150 grand and even then you still will be budgeting. Ask my parents they fit in that demographic but we are in no way rich or even slightly wealthy.

I agree with you on that point......but to all my LI/NYC people could you imagine living anywhere else?????? I know that I could not I have traveled all

over the world and all over the country.... don't get me wrong I have been to Rio De Janeiro and some other sick countries...........But inside the USA

nothing compares to the partying that we do in NYC.......not to mention the amount of money to be made in NYC!!!!! Just my .02

Yeah but the competition here for jobs is extremely fierce. Thats what i hate. In all honesty I think NYC is the best city in the world and i love it to death but I would leave it in a second if it made me that much happier cuz right now i'm as depressed as can be living here.

very very true..............I am still at work guess I am a loser ....... I want to get to the gym................... guess that will not be till later tonight or in the AM.

very very true..............I am still at work guess I am a loser ....... I want to get to the gym................... guess that will not be till later tonight or in the AM.
    what part of LI r u from?

Well he's gotta be around by us if he goes to my gym. If i saw you I'd probably be like oooooooooooohhhhh so thats you.

Well he's gotta be around by us if he goes to my gym. If i saw you I'd probably be like oooooooooooohhhhh so thats you.

lol..........probably.......as long as you have been in Synergy in the past like year and a half........im sure you know who i am................do you still have a membership there?

I don't know what u guys are talking about I love it where i am in wantagh. The cold weather is so i can get fat(8% bf ) and don't have to worry about the beach, then it gets warm and Im 2 minutes from jones beach, and close to the hamptons where my boy has a house and can hit up neptunes everyday lol.

Stea7- yeah the gold they are opening is the same owners as yours so u can go there also and im going to train there if u need a trainer .

Danielle what synergy do u go to? I was at the one in levittown but didn't like it at all.

Skinnywuss --that is really good that the Gold's in Farmingdale is the same owners being I work in Farmingdale can go right after work.......I need a personal trainer to whip my fat ass into shape!!!!

USfighterFC--- I am the always there at night around 6-9 probably seen you there..... I don't socialize with anyone there.....I am new to the area don't know many ppl there which is good other wise it turns into a social event and you wind up not even working out!!

Danielle--- I actually grew up in Queens I am now living in Manhasset it suck over here.....................no I am not rich either just a poor boy from queens living with mommy and daddy

lol..........probably.......as long as you have been in Synergy in the past like year and a half........im sure you know who i am................do you still have a membership there?

Nah i my membership expired about 700 years ago. I refuse to go back there ever. I hate everyone in there and their mothers.....not you though

thanks.........I would not hate you either, where do u work out now????

and close to the hamptons where my boy has a house and can hit up neptunes everyday lol.
    ok...thats it...........Official AR meet-up @ Neptunes this summer!!!!!!!!!!...........i'm sure i'll run into many of you there..................my ass will be there just about every weekend......

Danielle what synergy do u go to? I was at the one in levittown but didn't like it at all.
    the one in Levittown is def. one of the older ones........i go to the one in Franklin Square.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information