Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member

Mardi Gras in New Orleans

Anyone been? How is it? Thinking about going this weekend... is it too crazy or just freaking badass party? I've heard some weird stories like gay guys butt pirating in the street etc... lots of girls?

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Sucks. A regular weekend on Bourbon is a great time and party, Mardi Gras is a hassle.

Mardi Gras= 20min to get a drink, and 30 min to find a bathroom(which also the reason why the streets smell like feces and urine). The only way to do it is if you have a balcony.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    Sucks. A regular weekend on Bourbon is a great time and party, Mardi Gras is a hassle.

Mardi Gras= 20min to get a drink, and 30 min to find a bathroom(which also the reason why the streets smell like feces and urine). The only way to do it is if you have a balcony.
    Sounds like New York

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Well more than likely i was going to bring a flask or some type of bottle with liquor... how are the girls? Do they all get pretty crazy?( What are my chances of hooking up lol)

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Sounds like New York

Hey............yeah i've pissed everywhere in NYC. Cant argue with you

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I was there last year for Mardi Gras............. It a experiance that you need to experiance once and only once. Most of the women that are there aren't that hot at all. Also, it's so crowded it took a half hour to walk one block.......... We did have a balcony the first night there and that was a lot of fun.

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    i agree with pheedno, NO is always hoppin, best to go for jazz fest or any time of the year. mardi gra is just a big haasel. but i do recomend seeing it just once.

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Needtobeswoledup
    Anyone been? How is it? Thinking about going this weekend... is it too crazy or just freaking badass party? I've heard some weird stories like gay guys butt pirating in the street etc... lots of girls?
    It is somewhat a hassle. Find your rooms early and luckily LA lets you have open containers on Bourbon. Stock up on cool beads .

Sym

Testify is offline Senior Member
    I went to college in NO, so I've seen many Mardi Gras. It is a good time. It is also a hassle if you want to spend the whole time in the Quarter. But most of the Parades happen entirely outside of the Quarter. I spent very little time on Bourbon St. actually. If you go, just accept that its going to take a while to get anywhere.

And stop by at the corner of St. Charles & Foucher near Touro Hospital. My former bros operate a beer truck there, and so there will be a party there everyday for the whole week. Not to mention that most of the major parades go by this spot. Have fun - and don't get arrested! (They will throw you in the wagon and you won't even be booked until MG is over.) Just be smart.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I've had some fun on bourbon street. It's crowded all year...I wouldn't want to be there during mardi gras. But, there are other college towns in LA that have some wicked mardi gras parties also.

peace,

ttgb

DF2003 is offline Banned Boofus

no

i go every tear but skipping this year. i think im burned out on mardi gras but if its your 1st time you'll have fun.

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Needtobeswoledup
    If you live close, and have any hook ups, try to get a ticket to a krewe ball. That's where the real fun is at!

Sym

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    Thats funny a bunch of my freinds flew down their this mourning for mardi gras.... From what I heard it is complete chaos.

Symian is offline Member
    Oh yeah, and it's really dangerous! You always here of people getting stabbed or shot or mugged or women raped ON THE STREET.

Anyway, for example on the news they just told about a few people getting hospitalised for gun shot wounds. A fight broke out and someone starting shooting. The people that were shot weren't even involved. Stupid people in this world.

Sym

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Symian
    Oh yeah, and it's really dangerous! You always here of people getting stabbed or shot or mugged or women raped ON THE STREET.
    I'm not disputing that this happened, but I never heard about that before. I've seen fights in the street between drunk assholes, but never anything more during MG.

Now, at other times of the year, sometimes a person will wander down an empty street in the Quarter late at night . . . I've heard that a few times. That is the most common story.

Thread Information