BLACKZILLA is offline Associate Member

The Long Island Thread

I've seen a bunch of people on here posting that their from LI. There are a ton of pro's and cons' about it but I confess to loving it. I'm out East, but work in the city, and had a real nice apartment at a decent price in Manhattan and gave it up to move back out here. Changed everything to pass up a ten minute walk to work to driving an hour and 15 minutes average each way. I know it sounds crazy. I've always been a person cool with the city but LI is the place for me. I actually missed LI more living in Manhattan than while I was away at school. Just interested in finding out who else is from the Isle and what you think the pro's and con's are.

Pros-girls are absolutely beautiful here and more down to earth than in NYC (personal observation not meant to ruffle feather.)
    -its nice to have a summer bbq, go to the beach, have a backyard that your dog can run around in, etc
    -its cheaper than NYC all around, but you can have a nicer place, and go out to places almost on the same scale as NYC
    Cons.-you have to drive everywhere. For me, if I go to the gym, 20minutes, movie 20 minutes, etc etc etc
    -traffic-Holy SNAP!!!! ARGH!!!
    -taxes are very high
    -can't always find a hot place to go out on an off night or that pizza you might crave at 2am.

What else??????
    (OH yeah, the ISLANDERS, cause we all know the **** RANGERS eat it!!!)

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    What's with all the LI post lately? In the last couple of months I've seen more LI post than I have the 2yrs I've been active on this board.

Anyway LI is great glad to have some other proud LI'ers around.

xxxl83

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    I Love L.I too.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate Long Island more than anything. I wake up and despise being here. It's like god**** cemetary at night. The girls are hot but completely brain dead dumbasses who make me sick with there "sh*t dont stink" attitude, who worry more about completely dumb useless sh*t about themselves than realize that they just suck. I need to live in the city to have a better atmosphere and where people dont go to bed at 10 o'clock. Taxes are high but i really dont pay that since i live at home. Everyone's dressed the same....either a guido who's got 500$ worth of clothes on or some beach bum rock star who carries his bong in his back pocket. Not only that I'm stuck in this god forsaken college where every stereotype i just mentioned goes to school. Like I said the girls are hot but go after the BMW drivers named vinny and rocco. Going away to school blows also only for the fact your basically in the ass end of wild america (usually) where your basically stuck more than you are here. On LI you gotta drive everywhere you want to go and just sucks over all. So in short......i hate LI.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    I go to school in long island and from my personal observation..

girls are beautiful but usualy are spoiled and/or bratty
    its completely DEAD at night i mean no one is walking no one is driving
    everything closes at 9-10
    people have a problem with understanding what being from the city is like..
    people call manhattan "The City"..

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    I go to school in long island and from my personal observation..

girls are beautiful but usualy are spoiled and/or bratty
    its completely DEAD at night i mean no one is walking no one is driving
    everything closes at 9-10
    people have a problem with understanding what being from the city is like..
    people call manhattan "The City"..
    Yes and i agree about how everything closes early as well.

Yeah...kinda depends on what kind of trouble your looking for. I think overall the girls I've met out here are a hell of a lot better than Manhattan girls. (again, just a generalization) I've met so many aspiriing singers, models, and actress' who have no type of backup plans if they don't succeed in their goal of being a superstar millionaire.
    One of the crappiest things about all the schools here are that comparitively, versus the upstate SUNY schools, there are no party schools. Drives me crazy. I can go back to where I went to school upstate in this place they call a city but looks like downtown Port Jeff or Huntington, and its party time every **** night. I just don't understand. THen again, you're not going to find much better place in the world as the hamptons and fire island during the summer. Its like going on vacation out there everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by zillano9
    Yeah...kinda depends on what kind of trouble your looking for. I think overall the girls I've met out here are a hell of a lot better than Manhattan girls. (again, just a generalization) I've met so many aspiriing singers, models, and actress' who have no type of backup plans if they don't succeed in their goal of being a superstar millionaire.
    One of the crappiest things about all the schools here are that comparitively, versus the upstate SUNY schools, there are no party schools. Drives me crazy. I can go back to where I went to school upstate in this place they call a city but looks like downtown Port Jeff or Huntington, and its party time every **** night. I just don't understand. THen again, you're not going to find much better place in the world as the hamptons and fire island during the summer. Its like going on vacation out there everyday.

Yeah it's def a really weird place man. It just dies at night its incredible. The hamptons is fun in the summer especially the BOARDY BARN!!! My heaven....I'd love to bounce there if i could... only work 1 day a week and pull in a ton of money. Thats quite a distance from me though. I like the manhattan girls though they're such a variety to choose from.....besides fake blonde, coach bag carrying, self important douchebag girls there are here. those SUNY schools are fun though
    Last edited by USfighterFC; 02-21-2004 at 10:27 AM.

suny schoold swallow.. parties are like the same 20 some people drunk of thier ass thinking the are cool..

LS1
    LS1 is offline Associate Member
    You forgot the Hamptons.....of course as a PRO.
    Neptunes
    CPI's
    Summers
    Brazil

Get ready all you boys and girls its all most here.
    roll-n-roll-n hahaha cant wait.

oh the hamptons.. but its usuly filled with spoiled lil bratty girls and drug adicts.. just my persenoal expirence..

LS1
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    oh the hamptons.. but its usuly filled with spoiled lil bratty girls and drug adicts.. just my persenoal expirence..
    Yeah some of the places out there are like that but hey ya gotta know where to go and how to take care of them lil bratty bitches and a lil drugs never hurt anyone....J/K.

Stea7jjdyEddie is offline Associate Member
    LS1..............I am counting down the days till the summer............ Hamptons NEPTUNESSSSS baby also can't wait for Paddy's on Sunday's.........

I have mixed emotions about LI.........I grew up in Queens and that is part of the city and part of LI...............Everyone would say oh you are from LI...My response would be no I am from QUEENSS!!!!! People just don't understand.......anyway moving right along.

You guys all had great comments about people from LI.......USfighterFC hit the nail on the head with the BMW & way people dress and act is totally true.......as far as LI being dead at 9-10 that is true but in Manhattan there is always something or somewhere to go!!!!

But just think guys..........about all the people that don't live in our state......we only have to travel 20-30 minutes to the best city in the world... the best food, partying, and people!!!!! What about the guys on this board and no disrespect to any other state or county that don’t have a city like ours that is only 20minutes away… I have been all over the world and see some great places but in my own personal opinion this is the best place on the world with so much diversity.!!!!!!!

Just my .02 !!!

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LS1
    You forgot the Hamptons.....of course as a PRO.
    Neptunes
    CPI's
    Summers
    Brazil

Get ready all you boys and girls its all most here.
    roll-n-roll-n hahaha cant wait.
    i can not fcuking wait!!!!!!!!..............
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

LS1
    Stea7jjdyEddie , Danielle , AAAHhhhhhYeah I can see it, Hear it, Feel it, and taste it as I type. When of couse it gets around that time I'll set a post up calling all LI'ers or Hamptonites and we'll hook up out there and party and party Oh and did I mention party.
    Peace
    only 98 more dayz till memorial day c ya then Bros & Broettes

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    I think longbeach is the only place i been that has a decent nightlife.
    I live 5 mins from there and durring the summer any given night all the bars on the strip are pretty full until like 2-3 in the morn. I dont do the club thing no more cause its too freaking repetative and drugged out. So for a bar dweller like myself long beach is the best. not to mention the boardwalk always is live 24 hours. Nothing like having a few drinks then walking down the beach.

Stea7jjdyEddie , Danielle , AAAHhhhhhYeah I can see it, Hear it, Feel it, and taste it as I type. When of couse it gets around that time I'll set a post up calling all LI'ers or Hamptonites and we'll hook up out there and party and party Oh and did I mention party.
    Peace
    only 98 more dayz till memorial day c ya then Bros & Broettes

**** 98 days seems like foreverrrrrrrrr...................but like i said in another thread.........AR meet-up @ Neptunes this summer, defintlity!!!!!!!
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

LS1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    **** 98 days seems like foreverrrrrrrrr...................but like i said in another thread.........AR meet-up @ Neptunes this summer, defintlity!!!!!!!
    Sounds good.
    It is on girl. Ahh dont worry 98 dayz it will fly by. Let me word it a little better its only 3 months down the road. I think 3 sounds alot better the 98 right? Also we got some pretty good clubs that will make the time go by quicker The Donkey, Sahara/Siberia, Viper.
    Until then we gotta work our a$$'s even harder in the gym we only got 3 months to lift off.

LS1 & Danielle....................I can't wait!!!!! 3 months does sound a lot better than 98 days!!! Where is everyone partying tonight?????

Sounds good.
    It is on girl. Ahh dont worry 98 dayz it will fly by. Let me word it a little better its only 3 months down the road. I think 3 sounds alot better the 98 right? Also we got some pretty good clubs that will make the time go by quicker The Donkey, Sahara/Siberia, Viper.
    Until then we gotta work our a$$'s even harder in the gym we only got 3 months to lift off.

not really big into clubs on the island........i mainly go to the city if i plan on going out..................maybe im just not paying attention but wheres viper?..........i never heard of it........

it is the old WALL STREET........I believe it is Smithtown??? Correct me if I am wrong guys......I don't go anywhere on LI besides the hamptons in the summer. ...only NYC area for me.............................

its a lot less than 90 something days now....Who's hitting it up on Memorial day weekend. I'll be staying out there again from late Fri night to whenever I decide to stumble back home after the Barn on Sunday.....And I'm def in for the AR hamptons jump off....

CutieFace Guest
    I love living 8 min from the beach

being a hop, skip and a jump from the city if I want to see a show or whatever.....

dont' care too much about the bratty girls...I stay away from them

cutie

Quote Originally Posted by zillano9
    its a lot less than 90 something days now....Who's hitting it up on Memorial day weekend. I'll be staying out there again from late Fri night to whenever I decide to stumble back home after the Barn on Sunday.....And I'm def in for the AR hamptons jump off....

im there on Memorial Day....no question.....last year, that place was crazy on Memorial Day...... even in the rain and all.........

decadbal is offline Banned
    been there

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    been there

huh?........

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    The barn is Awesome.

There is truly no other place on the planet like the barn. Unreal.....

Thread Information