Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Injury related flexibility problem

My scatic nerv problem has almost completley gone away, I just have pain in some movements but nothing major anymore.

But the injury has left me with a big anoying problem. My left hamstring has become VERY unflexible. If I try to bend forward with straight legs I cant go down to more then knee level on my left leg. if I sit on the floor I cant sitt up straight and have my left leg straight at the same time. I cant do legpress cause my left leg is so stiff(and if I try to force the sled down I get scatic pain).

The worst part is that my body wont allow me to stretch. When I try I just come to a halt, no pain and no stretchfeeling in the ham. but no matter what I do I cant push myself any further

Should I just leave it alone until the injury is completely healed? Is this my bodys way of telling me not to try and stretch it?

a disc in my spine compressed my scatic nerv or some **** like that but I feelt the pain from my glute down to my achilles tendon. It was unberable and the exercises the physio told me to do didnt help. Now my injury is almost completely healed(do to some exercises I started doing on my own). I just have this flexibility problem now after several months of walking strange and not beeing able to lift properly.
    Last edited by Kärnfysikern; 02-22-2004 at 02:19 PM.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Johan, you gotta see a physio therapist, doc and chiro for an injury like this. Injuries like this that last a long time will mess you up big time. It will create strength imbalances, poor posture, weakening of antagonist muscles, etc. Get some good muscle relaxants and anti inflamatories from the doc, see a chiropracter about posture problems( if you can't sit comfortably I guarantee you have at least mild posture probs ) and a physiotherapist for an exercise and stretching routine. Try to find a physio guy who does PNF stretching and have him stertch you out. You can look into massage therapy also. Hope you get this injury cleared up bro.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Johan, you gotta see a physio therapist, doc and chiro for an injury like this. Injuries like this that last a long time will mess you up big time. It will create strength imbalances, poor posture, weakening of antagonist muscles, etc. Get some good muscle relaxants and anti inflamatories from the doc, see a chiropracter about posture problems( if you can't sit comfortably I guarantee you have at least mild posture probs ) and a physiotherapist for an exercise and stretching routine. Try to find a physio guy who does PNF stretching and have him stertch you out. You can look into massage therapy also. Hope you get this injury cleared up bro.
    I went to a doc and a physio. Their advices made my injury MUCH worse. When I stoped listening to them and did my own thing it improved. Dont have the cash to go to a chiro now either I could not sit down for 3 months straigt without agonaizing pain. I could not be in uni or anything. But now I am almost fully healed and it feels SO good

I have no helt inscurande obivously and most helthcare is free in sweden but that in turns leads to that its VERY hard to get massage or stuff like that if not paying for it. and 50$ everytime is not something I can begin to imagine afford

Thread Information