mfenske is offline Member

Kerry/Edwards or Kerry/Clark?

For those that care or have an opinion, who do you think the Democratic ticket will be this fall. I think either has potential, but I think with the current state of things I think Kerry/Clark has a good chance of winning. With Kerry/Clark there would be guys in office who have worn combat uniforms for what they are meant for not just a flight suit to play dress up. Mark

phreezer is offline Respected Member
    I think Kerry will easily win.. I would love to see Edwards win.. but regardless of who wins they will get my support... I'm actualy a Republican who's going to vote democrat simply because I want Bush out of office.

mfenske is offline Member
    phreezer, I actually like John Edwards better than Kerry myself. Kerry, Dean, and Edwards were here in my town on Tuesday. I was sort of torn between Kerry and Edwards, then I heard that Edwards requested an hour or so of private time at a local gym. He's got my vote. BTW thanks for the speedy and intelligent response. Mark

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    kerry/edwards..

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    There is little question that kerry/edwards is the most likely ticket - frankly, edwards is the one that would be the biggest concern for republicans mostly because he doesnt have much of a record and honestly, he prevaricates (lies) much better than kerry - much more like Clinton, very slippery and parses his words well, making people believe he really is much more conservative than he is (he has to be be elected in NC)

but once repubs are shure that kerry has got it you will see the boom lowered Im thinking - they already messed up by putting too much pressure on dean - kerry will be fairly easy to beat in the end when Rove and Co get through lettting you know who he really is.

as for military service - its possible that they put clark in but I doubt it - liberals are silly enough to think that kerry's record means something to veterens - when it comes out mroe clearly that yes, he spent 4 tough, honorable months in service and then the rest of his life denigrating that very service, cutting funding to that service, voting contatntly against it and lying in front of a congressional committee in the winter soldier investigation - wait till all this comes out.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    I think Eisenhower proved that military experience means nothing. Politics is a different game. Having said that, I think from what I've seen that Edwards has more charisma than Clark. He may be the best bet. I don't believe that Kerry will defeat Bush in either case though . . .

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    I think it will be Kerry/Edwards.
    Last edited by UrbanLegend; 02-21-2004 at 12:00 PM.

razor67 is offline Banned
    just the picture of kerry sitting next to hanoi jane {jane fonda} makes me sick.
    sure there were reasons to be against the war.. but ****.........
    do you know when fonda was at a pow camp, the pow's slipped here notes to let family know they were still alive and she promptly turned those notes over to the vietnamese soldiers running the camp.. imagine what our soldiers went through after that.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Bush again in 2004

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Kerry/Edwards. Clark isn't consistent enough to be on the ticket. He contradicts himself every time he opens his mouth.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Rove is surely god at what he does.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Bush again in 2004
    And that my friend, is the death of this thread

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Wasnt that perout guy running. Ross something or other.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE)

but once repubs are shure that kerry has got it you will see the boom lowered Im thinking - they already messed up by putting too much pressure on dean - kerry will be fairly easy to beat in the end when Rove and Co get through lettting you know who he really is.

[/QUOTE]
    Rove's lost his touch. You can't keep serving up sh*t and calling it steak for too long before people figure out what's really going on. They are to far removed from everday American life to realize this though. Bush is going to lose. Kerry will not sit by idly while being attcked.
    The Fonda pic was a fake for those of you who haven't already heard BTW.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    markus - you are dreaming - it may be that bush doesnt make a good stand (tho it si VERY likely he will) but even so you still have to have someone who can BEAT him - and Kerry is not the guy

Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    The Fonda pic was a fake for those of you who haven't already heard BTW.
    No its not. There is a pic of Kerry and Fonda on stage that is a fake, but the picture of them sitting in the crowd is real. The Kerry campaign admits it. They both spoke at that rally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    No its not. There is a pic of Kerry and Fonda on stage that is a fake, but the picture of them sitting in the crowd is real. The Kerry campaign admits it. They both spoke at that rally.
    Yes but they'er 15 feet apart. They weren't next to each other or together as some propagandists would lead you to believe. Also Kerry put his combat time in. In my opinion this gives him the right to question the involvement in Viet Nam. He fought for our country and certainly earned the right to freedom of speach. All the bullsh*t of him betraying his brothers is just that. He saw the folly of the war and was not afraid to say so.

Yes but they'er 15 feet apart. They weren't next to each other or together as some propagandists would lead you to believe. Also Kerry put his combat time in. In my opinion this gives him the right to question the involvement in Viet Nam. He fought for our country and certainly earned the right to freedom of speach. All the bullsh*t of him betraying his brothers is just that. He saw the folly of the war and was not afraid to say so.
    I agree. I was just pointing out that the picture wasn't fake. I support Bush, but I think it is ridiculous to try and use that picture or Kerry's comments against him, just like it is ridiculous to try and use Bush's service in the National Guard against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    I agree. I was just pointing out that the picture wasn't fake. I support Bush, but I think it is ridiculous to try and use that picture or Kerry's comments against him, just like it is ridiculous to try and use Bush's service in the National Guard against him.
    Well we actually do agree. Bush might not have been a war hero and avoided going to Nam with National Guard service but it was better than what Clinton did to avoid the war. I don't like Bush and have many other reason to want him out of office.
    Last edited by markas214; 02-22-2004 at 12:02 AM.

HEY. How do you all feel about BUSH going to war with IRAQ?????
    I think he is doing a great job......

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    HEY. How do you all feel about BUSH going to war with IRAQ?????
    I think he is doing a great job......
    You mean were're at war in Iraq. I'll have to look into this further before I can give a well thought out opinion. Thanks for the heads up.

You mean were're at war in Iraq. I'll have to look into this further before I can give a well thought out opinion. Thanks for the heads up.

lol. No prob. I just figured it would be good for discussion since I dont know what other people think about it. Its not really discussed much.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    edwards/dean

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    I don't like Bush and have many other reason to want him out of office.
    Really, I would have never of guessed

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Who cares Nader just threw his hat in the ring, they are done for sure now! hehehehehe. let all three of em run against Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    Really, I would have never of guessed
    Yes it's true. Why is it so hard for you to accept that not everyone shares your opinion. None of us is so enlightened that we know everything. Get over it. I will never change.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Markas, while my political views differ from yours, I do enjoy reading your threads/responses. You at least devote some depth of thought and civility to a debate. I can't say that for many people - especially those I disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Testify
    Markas, while my political views differ from yours, I do enjoy reading your threads/responses. You at least devote some depth of thought and civility to a debate. I can't say that for many people - especially those I disagree with.
    Thanks Testify. I try to be civil as I wish to be to responded civilly. It's disappointing to see people sink to name calling and personal attacks as it actually lowers their credibility and adds nothing to the debate. This nation became great because of independent thinkers. We will never all agree on everything because we learn very early the value of individual expression in this country.

Thread Information