Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I don't claim to know anything about politics but from the sound of it neither do any of you. George W Bush, although he gaduated from some good schools, IMO comes accross as a dumass much of the time.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    Yeah it is kind of different...but it was written in the constituion by our founding fathers....so...what do you do??

peace,

ttgb

Yeh I know, I like Arnold but would like a bit more "political" minded person as our president. Anyone see Ralph Naders interview? The demos are begging him not to run...

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Come on Sym....you are stretching things trying to cover for you Deomcratic friend....admit it!!!

How come EVERY thread ends up an "I hate GW" thread?

peace,

ttgb

I dont think this is an I hate GW thread. We were making good progress on good and bad presidents. Here I'll throw some more wood in the fire...

1)GWB is not the worst president we have had, and to say this is ridiculous.
    2)JFK did some really ****ty things as president (more so than GW) for example, vietnam, bay of pigs etc. But he did some good things too. so he is not the worst
    3)LBJ was against segregation. In my eyes this is simply idiotic.
    4)Nixon's one saving grace was withdrawing form vietnam. The rest of his presidency is clouded with lies, illicit activities, and blatant disregard for anybody else.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    So wait ..I want to make a comment off topic.. 1st Yes I voted for Bush, but in this country we will elect a man president even if hes a poor student, but the Smartest woman, valedictorian, top of her class, went to a top notch school could be running against him and you would still have voted for Bush hu??? does that make sense?????
    I would vote for a female president...just no way no how Billary Clinton.

A female president will happen in our lifetime...no doubt...I just won't vote for her.

And it probably won't matter what their grades were in high school as to whether or not I vote for them.

peace,

ttgb

So wait ..I want to make a comment off topic.. 1st Yes I voted for Bush, but in this country we will elect a man president even if hes a poor student, but the Smartest woman, valedictorian, top of her class, went to a top notch school could be running against him and you would still have voted for Bush hu??? does that make sense?????
    Uhh ohh....

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    . George W Bush, although he gaduated from some good schools, IMO comes accross as a dumass much of the time.
    yes he is a dumbass redneck for a hick cow **** texas town, but he was elected.. and i owuld rather have some hillbilly defending my country then Al Freakin Gore anyday. If he would have been pres. during 9-11 he would still be sitting there with his thumb up his ass saying "uhhh what just happened"

I would vote for Jordan!!!!(Whiteys AV - I love her.....)

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I don't claim to know anything about politics but from the sound of it neither do any of you. George W Bush, although he gaduated from some good schools, IMO comes accross as a dumass much of the time.
    I hafto agree, he dosent look smart at all he looks really really stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by symatech

I dont think this is an I hate GW thread. We were making good progress on good and bad presidents. Here I'll throw some more wood in the fire...

1)GWB is not the worst president we have had, and to say this is ridiculous.
    2)JFK did some really ****ty things as president (more so than GW) for example, vietnam, bay of pigs etc. But he did some good things too. so he is not the worst
    3)LBJ was against segregation. In my eyes this is simply idiotic.
    4)Nixon's one saving grace was withdrawing form vietnam. The rest of his presidency is clouded with lies, illicit activities, and blatant disregard for anybody else.
    AGREED!! They all do good things and bad things...I still admire each of them for trying their best...as long as they try their best. In my lifetime every president has tried to do the best job they could IMO. Everyone of them has done things for personal gain. Period.

peace,

ttgb

I don't claim to know anything about politics but from the sound of it neither do ANY of you.
    Pretty bold statement...What would you like to know?

peace,

ttgb

Its been working for how many years?? why change it? .. If it aint broke dont fix it.
    But lots of people were bashing other people on here because they said that he couldn't run because he's not a natural born citizen. It's not even a choice...

peace,

ttgb

You are so right bro. I dont approve of Bush's agenda, but i doubt anybody here can name a president who didnt follow his own personal agenda.

Also, i never said it was wrong for GB to help his son. In fact I support that he did. I do find it depressing that so much is for sale in america, but ****, if my son was a moron and I could get him into a good school your **** right I would. But perhaps I wouldnt encourage him to run for president. who knows.

peace,

ttgb
    you beat me to it. Why would you say that? In any one of the numerous political threads you will find at least a few comments that are right on. Politics is a never ending debate, but that doesnt mean we are all ignorant.

ttuPrincess Guest
    It shouldnt be a choice.. do you see our movie stars going to other countries and trying to become their leader???

So what do yall think about the price of eggs?

good call princess. despite our mutual admiration of arnold and all his achievements. we have to ask ourselves. "What does a former mr. o and action packed movie star know about running the country?" seriously, what makes you all think he would be a good president. because i know many would vote for him simply because his name is out there.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry ripsid...it's humurous that you are making fun of a person's intelligence and showing lack of in the process. Bush is not a liberal...he is a conservative. Republicans = conservative (Bush, Reagan) and Democrats = liberal (Clinton, Dean, Kerry).
    I think I just worded it wrong I admit after reading it yes, it was worded incorrectly...I'm talking more of the overall picture of the way things are in washington and the population in general...I, unfortunatley, get 90 thoughts and rants through my head and try to throw it all in without rambling and then it ends up being fOOOked up! (Hey blame my ADHD!)
    My opinion of Bush is that even though he has a solid educational record and I don't take that away from him, and if you read what I said I think that his presedency has been more than questionable. He gets all geeked up to go to Iraq, and sure being a Vet I support the Reps when it comes to that, but going in and thinking WE would be leaving like the lone ranger????? hell, he doesn't know how we're going to leave or even when! With the possibility of our troops spending 2 more years there and the potential loose entirely too many troops. And granted we needed to get Saddam out, but how many men do we need to looose. OK I'm rambling again. And when it comes to the job thing I stated it wrong...being that Bush has done everything possible to help his "Business friends" by about oking Big Buz sending jobs and oustsourcing them to 3rd world countries WE are screwed. I don't think it takes a MBA from Harvard to realize that 500,000 jobs going overseas is bad for employment here in the USA! Hell, I see it everyday where I work...if you've ever heard Minor Threat's "White Minority" try AMERICAN Minority! out of 250 people under 100 are american over 100 are indian and the rest are non-americans. Not that that's bad right! Do we know what and L1 visa is? And L1 gives a company the option to bring AS MANY L1 VISA'D PEOPLE HERE TO WORK AT THE RATES THAT THEY WOULD GET IN THERE COUNTRY FOR 7 YEARS. So, if you're a programer making 75k, you're loosing your job to a guy making 12k. Bush is allowing this and not even acknowledgin it. My biggest fear is that Kerry pics Mrs. Clinton as VP and we'll get stuck with Bush for 4 more years which means none of us will be on this board...we'll all be out of work! I'm ranting! Sorry! And as far as dems being libs and reps being conservatives...THEY'RE all the same! They make decisions based off money received...it's not about the people anymore, it's about politicians having a fat wallet. We suffer!

SID

GETTIN PRETTY FREAKIN HIGH..................here.

It shouldnt be a choice.. do you see our movie stars going to other countries and trying to become their leader???

I hear ya Princess...

BTW...are you guys getting rained on?

peace,

ttgb

ttuPrincess Guest
    yes its raining and i HATE IT!!!!!

Being an Eagles fan is like rooting for a portable toilet to get filled up! IT STINKS!
    >A BIG F*K YOU TO THE EAGLES, THE MOST DISSAPOINTING TEAM IN NFL HISTORY! THANKS FOR DISSAPOINTING MILLIONS AGAIN! F*()#)&# ^)#()(#y#)(*)&%)* A$$HOLES!

Thats good.....never saw it before.....you said your family is from Italy? Were going on a vacation there this year....I'm supposedly 1/2 italian.......1/2 bake,,,,..........2 more please.

daddydbol, save the crack until after dinner

stupid computer has a mind of its.....yeh its time for little debbie and the couch........later

Quote Originally Posted by ripsid
    I think I just worded it wrong I admit after reading it yes, it was worded incorrectly...I'm talking more of the overall picture of the way things are in washington and the population in general...I, unfortunatley, get 90 thoughts and rants through my head and try to throw it all in without rambling and then it ends up being fOOOked up! (Hey blame my ADHD!)
    My opinion of Bush is that even though he has a solid educational record and I don't take that away from him, and if you read what I said I think that his presedency has been more than questionable. He gets all geeked up to go to Iraq, and sure being a Vet I support the Reps when it comes to that, but going in and thinking WE would be leaving like the lone ranger????? hell, he doesn't know how we're going to leave or even when! With the possibility of our troops spending 2 more years there and the potential loose entirely too many troops. And granted we needed to get Saddam out, but how many men do we need to looose. OK I'm rambling again. And when it comes to the job thing I stated it wrong...being that Bush has done everything possible to help his "Business friends" by about oking Big Buz sending jobs and oustsourcing them to 3rd world countries WE are screwed. I don't think it takes a MBA from Harvard to realize that 500,000 jobs going overseas is bad for employment here in the USA! Hell, I see it everyday where I work...if you've ever heard Minor Threat's "White Minority" try AMERICAN Minority! out of 250 people under 100 are american over 100 are indian and the rest are non-americans. Not that that's bad right! Do we know what and L1 visa is? And L1 gives a company the option to bring AS MANY L1 VISA'D PEOPLE HERE TO WORK AT THE RATES THAT THEY WOULD GET IN THERE COUNTRY FOR 7 YEARS. So, if you're a programer making 75k, you're loosing your job to a guy making 12k. Bush is allowing this and not even acknowledgin it. My biggest fear is that Kerry pics Mrs. Clinton as VP and we'll get stuck with Bush for 4 more years which means none of us will be on this board...we'll all be out of work! I'm ranting! Sorry! And as far as dems being libs and reps being conservatives...THEY'RE all the same! They make decisions based off money received...it's not about the people anymore, it's about politicians having a fat wallet. We suffer!

SID
    lol...I hear ya bro...I was trying not to harp on you too bad...good example of how we are all human!

Regarding the jobs going overseas...bro that started in the late 90's because of a supply v demand in the technology sector. Clinton was president when it really started...but I don't blame Clinton...truth be known any pres would have done the same. All politicians try to fatten their wallets...they wouldn't be good business people if they didn't. Walmart makes money and puts the little guys out of business...but do you still shop there?

Interesting research is going back to how many "pardons" Clinton granted as he was on his way out. Again, for personal gains. They all do it. The main reason that I am republican is becasue they stand for strong military, lower taxes, and their social issues. They don't believe in you having to support other people just because you bust your ass and make money and make something out of yourself. Other than that, you are right, they are all pretty much the same.

peace,

ttgb

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    good call princess. despite our mutual admiration of arnold and all his achievements. we have to ask ourselves. "What does a former mr. o and action packed movie star know about running the country?" seriously, what makes you all think he would be a good president. because i know many would vote for him simply because his name is out there.
    For my position on this...I refer you to my original post in this thread. He asked who would you choose "Nader, Billary, or Arnold"? I replied "Give me more choices PLEASE!!!"

peace,

ttgb

peace,

ttgb
    The facts a person "knows" is not what I am questioning. My point is that I have yet to see any posts which demonstrate any real understanding and critical thought on the subject(s) of this thread. Not even a smidgen of a valid argument so far. Guess I'll have to wait until Tock, CYC, or BigGreen posts.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    i would vote for him.. it's funny this thread came up cause i was just talking to my buddy about it (he then pointed out arnold was not born in the us and i was like thats right ****) I don;t see how he could do any worse then some of the presidents we have had. as for amending the constitution i do not think they would do this... if they did that would open the door for anyone with money to try to run for presidency (whats to stop a columbian drug lord from moving here and running?)

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    I will vote for Arnold..

LM1332 Guest
    I dont think any non-born americans should run. We have different idealogy we come here to make money we have no idea how to run this economy or how it works in the first place. American economical system is way different from anything else and i just think that if you werent born here dont try to mess with it

LM1332 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    i would vote for him.. it's funny this thread came up cause i was just talking to my buddy about it (he then pointed out arnold was not born in the us and i was like thats right ****) I don;t see how he could do any worse then some of the presidents we have had. as for amending the constitution i do not think they would do this... if they did that would open the door for anyone with money to try to run for presidency (whats to stop a columbian drug lord from moving here and running?)
    They said that you must be a citizen for 20 years before you can run.

But i will vote for Arnold if he will bring the CA out of ****

The facts a person "knows" is not what I am questioning. My point is that I have yet to see any posts which demonstrate any real understanding and critical thought on the subject(s) of this thread. Not even a smidgen of a valid argument so far. Guess I'll have to wait until Tock, CYC, or BigGreen posts.
    Your origianl post:

hmmmm....okay....Well, thanks for sharing your intellectual brilliance on the thread to tide us over until they bless all of us with their "critical thought" on the thread.....I think??? Why does the word "AS$hole" come to mind for some reason?

peace,

ttgb

Gaylord Focker is offline Junior Member
    I wouldn't vote for Arnold...i don't like thinking that the Constitution should be amended on what I would call a gimmick candidate...for lack of a better term...also if I remember correctly Arnold became a citizen in 82(?)...which make him a citizen for 22 years tops...I think a person should live in the country longer than that and experience every point of life as a citizen...to ensure a complete understanding of society...also in terms of security natural born citizens I believe would pose less of a security threat to national saftey...I'm not saying arnold has some secret vendetta against us...but whos to say the next immigrant president won't...and IMO it seems the most powerful man in American should sound like an American, not an Austrian...but I am just being picky...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaylord Focker
    I wouldn't vote for Arnold...i don't like thinking that the Constitution should be amended on what I would call a gimmick candidate...for lack of a better term...also if I remember correctly Arnold became a citizen in 82(?)...which make him a citizen for 22 years tops...I think a person should live in the country longer than that and experience every point of life as a citizen...to ensure a complete understanding of society...also in terms of security natural born citizens I believe would pose less of a security threat to national saftey...I'm not saying arnold has some secret vendetta against us...but whos to say the next immigrant president won't...and IMO it seems the most powerful man in American should sound like an American, not an Austrian...but I am just being picky...
    Good point gaylord....

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    For all of you that think Bush's dad bought his way through school, you seem to be forgetting about your man Al Gore. At the time Bush was in college his father was an ambassador at the UN. Not a lofty or powerful position at that time or even now for that matter. How many UN ambassadors can you name? Al Gore's dad was a U.S. Senator when he was in college. Al Gore flunked out of divinity school. Freakin divinity school. I guess Al Gore Sr. was such a principled guy he wouldn't use his available pull. Why do you never bring this up when discussing intelligence? Sure, Bush doesn't come off as the most brilliant guy, but that doesn't mean he's a moron. He's just not a very good public speaker. If you had to go in front of the entire world and speak to people who were hanging on every word you said, how intelligent do you think you would sound? Brilliant public speakers like Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan are hard to find.

Gaylord Focker is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    Brilliant public speakers like Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan are hard to find.
    But they are out there...I think Bush looks like such a clown the world thinks he is a joke...as a member of a Canadian board also I can tell you how much they and most other countries disapprove of him...one for his policies and two because more aften than not he looks like a fukin moron (my favorite expample is the picture of him in the school next to a little girl holding the book upside down )...I will agree it does take a special person to be a charasmatic speaker and I could not do it...but I am also not the president of the United States...so it is not expected of me...

hmmmm....okay....Well, thanks for sharing your intellectual brilliance on the thread to tide us over until they bless all of us with their "critical thought" on the thread.....I think??? Why does the word "AS$hole" come to mind for some reason?

peace,

ttgb
    You've resorted to calling me an A-hole? I can deal with that. Just because I said that it was my opinion that none of the posts were particularly insightful or well thought out shouldn't get your panties in a bunch.

ttuPrincess Guest
    yes, but what does all of this say about the American people who voted him there?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    For all of you that think Bush's dad bought his way through school, you seem to be forgetting about your man Al Gore. At the time Bush was in college his father was an ambassador at the UN. Not a lofty or powerful position at that time or even now for that matter. How many UN ambassadors can you name? Al Gore's dad was a U.S. Senator when he was in college. Al Gore flunked out of divinity school. Freakin divinity school. I guess Al Gore Sr. was such a principled guy he wouldn't use his available pull. Why do you never bring this up when discussing intelligence? Sure, Bush doesn't come off as the most brilliant guy, but that doesn't mean he's a moron. He's just not a very good public speaker. If you had to go in front of the entire world and speak to people who were hanging on every word you said, how intelligent do you think you would sound? Brilliant public speakers like Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan are hard to find.
    I dont bring up al gore's lack of intelligence because he is not president. If he were I'd be saying the same thing. Just because I dont like bush doesnt mean I voted for gore, or think he'd be doing a better job. And Bush is not just a bad public speaker, he has trouble with his words even when not in front of America

M PWR is offline Junior Member
    I'd vote for him, But i'm in Australia.

But i wouldn't let him change the law, cause u don't know who's next.

-Sean

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Hell no! I like Arnie, but Constitutonal amendments just to let a foreigner in the Oval Office is a bad idea!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information