Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    Hell no! I like Arnie, but Constitutonal amendments just to let a foreigner in the Oval Office is a bad idea!

I agree.
    I might vote for Arnold for Pres, but geez, do we change the US Constitution primarily to accommodate one possible political candidate, or do we change the Constitution to improve the functioning of government?
    Chile (or some other South American country) elected a Japanese citizen as its president a while back. Worked out ok at first, but after a while they ran him out of the county. Dunno the dirty details, but I'll bet it was good . . .

There's no reason why the notion couldn't be considered, but to do so because you like Arnold ain't the right reason to do it. Might be a good idea, though, to leave the executive branch of the US gov't in the hands of someone who's been here all his life, instead of only 20 years like what they want to do . . .

--Tock

decadbal is offline Banned
    nope, unless your a natural citizen, then you dont get to be Prez, and to those who dont like it, call micheal moorer, only us naturally born citizens should be able, and there are to many people with malicious intent to chance a foreign prez, and personally im pretty sure he would get assainated, there are way tomany extreme org. that wouldnt deal with that.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    i believe that he would have a good chance in getting elected...........but he will not be able to run for office............I can tell you this i would DEFIANTLY, ABSOLUTELY VOTE for him over Hillary.

If you are a citizen for a certain peroid of time, you might soon be able to. Ammend the ammendment. This is a bad idea. The only reason this would be a good idea would be for Arnold but then what happens AFTER that??? There are plenty of better qualified people to run for pres legally than there would be if ammended. I think that would put our nation at risk for traitors and such. If you arent born here, you shouldnt be able to run the country.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information