Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Thumbs up Official Vet/Mod Introduction

It seems that everytime I come here there's a new vet. Can we start a list of the vets and mods...and give and introduction about them and the knowledge they have. It's not a knock on anyone...but most of us have no idea who these people are.

IMHO...I think the board would really benefit from this.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Now that's a good idea.................

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    It seems that everytime I come here there's a new vet. Can we start a list of the vets and mods...and give and introduction about them and the knowledge they have. It's not a knock on anyone...but most of us have no idea who these people are.

IMHO...I think the board would really benefit from this.

The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

BDTR is offline Retired
    Me
    knowledge - steriods , training, diet, MMA fighting and ummm arguing with tock and carlos E

Testify is offline Senior Member
    MBH - where have you been? Good to see you back here.

I think the Mod Info/Bio thing is a good idea.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I'm not sure that would do any good really..we have several Vets on here who hardly post at all,and maybe 2-3 MODs also.Must others are quite active if you ask me.Ultimitely it is up to you to make your decision after you started a new thread,but this board has well informed Vets and Mods IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Me
    knowledge - steriods, training, diet, MMA fighting and ummm arguing with tock and carlos E
    ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOO@ carlos and tock

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    and a fine job you did of it to................

Me
    knowledge - steriods, training, diet, MMA fighting and ummm arguing with tock and carlos E
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I'm not sure that would do any good really..we have several Vets on here who hardly post at all,and maybe 2-3 MODs also.Must others are quite active if you ask me.Ultimitely it is up to you to make your decision after you started a new thread,but this board has well informed Vets and Mods IMO.
    I don't see how it can hurt...it can only benefit this board.

Me
    And a Masters... no a PHD in whoring!

Red

I don't see how it can hurt...it can only benefit this board.
    I see your point bro.....not arguing,just making my own observation of the board,that's all.

cb25 is offline Banned
    It's a good idea...but I think that's what the profiles are supposed to be for. No need to have a specific intro for each person, but it would be a good idea to make sure their profiles are filled out fully and accurately...

I want to know how they got to be a mod or a vet.

BDTR is offline Retired
    sucking up

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    man, we are sooooo lucky to have Mr. BDTR here, he is the bestest person in the world. He is very intellegent, knows everything about steroids , is the best fighter and an all around stand up guy....good?

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    man, we are sooooo lucky to have Mr. BDTR here, he is the bestest person in the world. He is very intellegent, knows everything about steroids, is the best fighter and an all around stand up guy....good?
    Your a natural.....but when are you gonna show your sucking up abilities?

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Can I be a VET? Can I Can I Can I?!!!! lol

BDTR is offline Retired
    It was pretty good...

Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    man, we are sooooo lucky to have Mr. BDTR here, he is the bestest person in the world. He is very intellegent, knows everything about steroids, is the best fighter and an all around stand up guy....good?

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    This reply is a classic...

Me knowledge - steriods, training, diet, MMA fighting and ummm arguing with tock and carlos E

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Hi, I'm Bouncer and I am an alcoholic, today is the first day of the rest of my life.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    Hi, I'm Bouncer and I am an alcoholic, today is the first day of the rest of my life.
    HIIIIII BOUNCER!!!

sigrabbit is offline Member
    MBH has been hiding out so Juggy wouldn't make him change his avatar after losing ARFFL...LOSER!!! Wait a minute, I lost too.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    It doesn't show in my profile, but I'm actually a combination of the two, called a "Met" (Meticulous Elephant Tester).

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    Hmmm....this is about 6 hours after your post, so Im gonna go out on a limb and guess you've downed at least 8 Guiness and 3 whislies by now.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    And a Masters... no a PHD in whoring!

Red
    Haha

I think we hafto trust Cycleons and the other mods judgement when it comes to choosing vets/mods.

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    tock gets on youre nerves too?
    Me

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyRoids
    I have found a lot of similarities between Bdtr's personality and mine. Among the similarities is who gets on your nerves.

(No, I am not trying to swing from his sack...I don't think there is room for me with everybody else down there.)

BDTR is offline Retired
    If infact an arch nemesis was to manifest itself on this forum for me, he would be it.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyRoids

Swellin Guest
    If infact an arch nemesis was to manifest itself on this forum for me, he would be it.
    Geez, and all this time I thought that would have been Carlos.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I also think that is a good idea. I think he means why did the people get chosen to be a mod or vet. There are people who have been here 3 years and arent mods or vets and there are people from other boards that just signed and who became mods and vets in one day.
    I think it would benifit us to know why these people were CHOSEN and what fields they were chosen for. For example. Billy Bath chosen for CHEM LAB experience and brought over from another board.

Most members wouldnt know that and his profile would show that and his post count would be like 100. So what info does a member have on making a decision on who to PM for advice if we have no background on these members.

Just all of a sudden two people are vets. Thats nice, but why? Why would we PM Billy for advice in chem lab if we dont know he is a chemist or whatever.

I dont PM any mods or vets so I dont think it would matter to me, but curiosity makes me wanna know all the vets and mods.

My thoughts exactly.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    sucking up
    Sucking what?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I would like to know how I became one too

Seriously, I think the Mods do a good job picking their Mods and Vets.... JMO

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swellin
    (No, I am not trying to swing from his sack...I don't think there is room for me with everybody else down there.)

hahahahahaha nor would he even have a sack from cruising on test year round

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Yeah, the mods are great, and they do a good job of picking NEW mods *HINT HINT*

Especially those people who have been here a long long time *HINT HINT*

CutieFace Guest
    hi, I'm Cutie, I'm divorced, a green eyed blonde w/ a.........oh wait............sorry..*wink*

in all seriousness...
    Sometimes when you run a board and you need someone w/ particular knowledge you will go and bring in experienced, knowledgable people from other boards..exp w/ certain specific forums ........

Most of the vets, like myself have been around a very long time, moderate or administrate other boards.....

Now bdtr had to do some sucking up...well all I can say is I'm just very happy I've been around long enough where I'm not required to do any sucking up *wink*

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I would like to know how I became one too

Seriously, I think the Mods do a good job picking their Mods and Vets.... JMO
    I have to agree. Our Mods and VETS Kickass. Sometimes they blow me away with there knowledge. Just by being on this board 10 hours a day, I understand why guys are picked. But then again, I undertand I have no life, and to someone who isn't on the board quite as much it could help.

But honestly, I don't think 1 person could question any of our Mods or VETS or the decision why they became one?

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    I also think that is a good idea. I think he means why did the people get chosen to be a mod or vet. There are people who have been here 3 years and arent mods or vets and there are people from other boards that just signed and who became mods and vets in one day.
    I think it would benifit us to know why these people were CHOSEN and what fields they were chosen for. For example. Billy Bath chosen for CHEM LAB experience and brought over from another board.

Most members wouldnt know that and his profile would show that and his post count would be like 100. So what info does a member have on making a decision on who to PM for advice if we have no background on these members.

Just all of a sudden two people are vets. Thats nice, but why? Why would we PM Billy for advice in chem lab if we dont know he is a chemist or whatever.

Basically, those of us who are mods already try to recognise who is knowlegable, mature and active on our board to help participate. There is a lot to it really, not just knowlege alone, but temprament, experience and helpfullness go into making a decision.

I am also regularly on the lookout to steal or borow for AR the best people that I find who mod other boards who may havemade a name for themselves, especially in an area we are looking to beef up on - billy, harvey and powelifterjay are good examples of this. Mods and Admins of other boards are also made vets sometimes even tho they dont post so often just so that people recognise who they are when they do and we encourage them so that we can get a cross flow of information.

As this board gets bigger and bigger (now ave 350+ concurrent) I find my job less about posting or even moderating and more about recruiting, training and retaining the best talent that we can for AR - and I think that is the job really of the SMods to be on the lookout for good people, to help mods understand what is acceptable here and what isnt and to set the tone of the board - so that we keep the basic AR theme of a flameless place while still encouraging impassioned discussion, aloowing people to have fun but not be abusive to women or others. ITs not easy of course to cut the fine line but I do think that it is obviously working, because IMO we have a great bunch of mods, vets and members and that is aking AR grow every day.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Hi I am Shredz the very first Vet to make a Mod (Ron) his bitch!!

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    what about mods who don't post? Since I've been here I have never seen lewd, silverfox, superchicken post at all or at least haven't noticed...If a mod isn't active do you retire them or what?

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    we do retire mods and vets now and again for various reasons but some of them post in areas that you do not frequent, like silverfox in the competition area or plj in the powerlifters - others like Lewd have been busy lately and even then, much of what he does may be behind the scenes - that is why we have a number of mods to cover every area

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information