pumpseeker is offline Senior Member

Big Kev is dead

*copied from G-S's thread on Mass Monsterz:

Fugitive kills himself, officials say

Deputy chases suspect to South Harrell's Ferry

By JOSH NOEL
    [email protected]
    Advocate staff writer

For the second time in a month, a fugitive from Texas has fatally shot himself after a traffic stop in East Baton Rouge Parish, Sheriff's Office officials said Monday.
    Kevin G. Carlin, 33, died about 11 p.m. Sunday after a deputy tried to pull him over on the Millerville Road exit ramp off Interstate 12, Sheriff's Office spokesman Deputy Mike Crawford said.

Carlin fled down Millerville and South Harrell's Ferry roads, then lost control of a Chevy Lumina and came to a stop in the 17800 block of South Harrell's Ferry Road, Crawford said.

At the deputy's instruction, Carlin got out of the car, but then alternately pointed a handgun at the deputy and himself in a "teasing or taunting-type gesture," Crawford said.

The deputy fired a shot into Carlin's right arm, Crawford said.

Carlin paused a few seconds, then shot himself, Crawford said. He was declared dead at the scene.

Crawford said he did not know whether the incident was videotaped from the deputy's cruiser. He did not identify the deputy.

Carlin's last known address is in Ponchatoula, but the Lumina was registered to his mother in Texas, Crawford said.

"We don't know where he was coming from or where he was going," he said.

Houston police sought Carlin on a count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon for a May 2003 incident, Houston Police Department spokesman Alvin Wright said.

Carlin was accused of hitting a man on the head with a beer bottle and punching him, Wright said.

Carlin had an "extensive" criminal record, including an arrest for attempted second-degree murder in Florida in 1989. He also had at least one DWI arrest and several drug-related arrests, Wright said.

Crawford said more information will be released about Sunday's incident on Wednesday, after the Mardi Gras holiday. He said the deputy was off duty Monday and today and he didn't know when the deputy would return to work.

In a news release, Lt. Col. Greg Phares of the Sheriff's Office said the deputy acted "lawfully, within Sheriff's Office policy and courageously."

mass junkie is offline banned
    Wow!!!

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Jesus......I know big kev was a scammer....but when I first came to AR, he helped me alot...In the end i guess he got what he deserved...

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    Jesus......I know big kev was a scammer....but when I first came to AR, he helped me alot...In the end i guess he got what he deserved...
    Hoss, Never disrespect the dead!!!

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Karma!! That is all I have to say

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    You're right bro....I fu*ked up...dunno what i was thinking..Sorry again,

--Hoss

KeyMastur is offline VET

SpunHoney is offline Female Member

~Thank You Mass!!!!~

~No matter what a person has done, I never wish anyone death~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~
    ~You know that place between awake and asleep? The place where you remember dreamin' That is were i will always love you, that is where i will wait~

Living is hard....dying is easy.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I said my peace in the other thread. Hoss you were like 12 when Kev was here anyway so how did he help you...... "your getting kinda old for that pacifier Hoss"

Quote Originally Posted by RON
    I said my peace in the other thread. Hoss you were like 12 when Kev was here anyway so how did he help you...... "your getting kinda old for that pacifier Hoss"
    I'm 16 now, he was around when I was 15. Helped me out with alotta shiat in the beginning...espescially my back workout.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    OMG................that's horrible................
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Da Bull is offline Banned
    RIP.....but well deserved!!!!!

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    RIP BigKev. I used to talk to him a lot. I just actually deleted some of his PMs from a year or so ago. I hope he's found peace wherever he is now.....

Wow!!!
    WOW for what?He scamed ppl for thousands of dollars.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    although I think he was scum for stealing, he did offer much valuable advice on this board. As such I hope he is at peace.

However, I do look upon suicide as the lowest thing you can possibly do. I stand by my conviction that only cowards kill themselves.

Even a piece of shat...come on,cut me a break.Timothy Mcvee(sp)the fed bomber deserves respect...get the fuk out of here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    although I think he was scum for stealing, he did offer much valuable advice on this board. As such I hope he is at peace.

However, I do look upon suicide as the lowest thing you can possibly do. I stand by my conviction that only cowards kill themselves.
    True...

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Quote Originally Posted by RON

palme is offline Rosie Member
    R I P

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    I just realized that this thread brought the old members out of the woodwork. hello all!

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    You all can say what you want..when talking about Kevin in a negative way. I for one respected the guy...he helped me when I needed it and treated me like a friend on other boardsw including this one. It deeply saddens me that this happened to him. I know for a fact that he touched many lives in a good way. Some people are not perfect...and we all here know that. It's unfortunate he had to go this way...maybe it was inner demons or just the fact he had a hard time dealing with it. He will always be a friend to me...and a great counselor with my body building...I owe a great deal to him for helping me get started!

RIP BigKev...there are people who will miss you!

Grant is offline Member
    I posted in the other thread and i will post in this one, he may have scammed many of you, regardless, its sad and the older members had a better taste in their mouth about him than the newer ones, each opinion is valid but it was a huge waste of potential. RIP

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Fcuk 'em. I recently had a recorded telephone message replayed to me from him to an ex-girl friend where he threatened to kill her, I'm glad he turned the gun on himself.

For his friends and family I'm sincerely sorry for their loss. But I won't spend another second thinking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    Fcuk 'em. I recently had a recorded telephone message replayed to me from him to an ex-girl friend where he threatened to kill her, I'm glad he turned the gun on himself.

For his friends and family I'm sincerely sorry for their loss. But I won't spend another second thinking about him.
    I know who youre talking about bro...Her life will be so much easier now...Im just wondering how shes taking it...Happy, but shocked is my guess..

nj123 is offline Member
    crazy sh*t

jerm is offline Banned
    Respect is given where respect is due!!! Just cause youre dead doesnt mean you command respect.

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    He took money from me and money from other people, the mods on this board supported him through all of it, even sent people to him to buy stuff. They banned people who said otherwise. Im not said he died, the guy had tryed to kill more then two people.

Good bye, wish his family best of luck.

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    Hell i guess he had alot of other bigger probs to deal with that some of us knew about.(including me) I haven't been around for a while now but this is truley shocking. Hate to say it but suicide is a gutless way of ending it i have no respect for anyone who has ended it that way because i have had to deal with that firsthand.
    Tedmax

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    I agree with footballcat... I neveer talked to him..... but did it ever occur he was so nice to allot of people for business purposes only? I know alot of business ppl who put on their happy face just to get ur money.. he needed trust.. he got it by being nice.. then he took ur money.. I am a nice guy to quite a few people that i couldn't give a **** less about.. example, my profs.. i love some..... some i ****in hate and think they need a new careerand to get off their high horse.. but i am nice to them.... I am in a small school where peopel get to know profs ALOt... so its in my best interest to be nice to all my profs, regardless if i liek them or hate them.....

just my opion -------> he was probabyl nice to most of you for your money..
    Last edited by animal-inside; 02-24-2004 at 05:27 PM.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer

Yep, he hit women so burn in hell you fockin theif...

Quote Originally Posted by footballcat
    He took money from me and money from other people, the mods on this board supported him through all of it, even sent people to him to buy stuff. They banned people who said otherwise. Im not said he died, the guy had tryed to kill more then two people.

Good bye, wish his family best of luck.

Mate, edit this reply or there'll be another banning pretty danm rapid.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    nah bouncer - its understandable because we did support him like we would any mod - till we found out just what a lying sack of crap he was

and Kev threatened to kill more than a few, beat up on more than a few women, assaulted a few even - he had his good points but unfortunately kev was a danger to society, most finally, to himself - tragic tho because who knows, maybe in 20-30 years in prison he could have turned things around

Cool C, I read it like he was saying that we supported Kev through his scamming.

Footballcat, please accept my apologies, appears I read your reply wrong. I'm sure you didn't mean to suggest we knew about his scamming and supported him through it.

Quote Originally Posted by jerm
    Respect is given where respect is due!!! Just cause youre dead doesnt mean you command respect.
    Correct...mass' statement was the worst thing I ever saw him write

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Im glad i didnt know him........

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Correct...mass' statement was the worst thing I ever saw him write

He has a point if he would have just scammed people but when you hit someone who can't defend themselves then you deserve what you get.

A fitting end to a parasite...

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Da Bull... Couldn't agree with you more...

As I already stated in the other Big Kev

is dead thread... If I were ever to turn

into such a piece of **** then I hope

you all would disrespect me in death too...

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    RIP.....but well deserved!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL
    Yep, he hit women so burn in hell you fockin theif...
    :spudnik4:

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Funny I read it that way too Bouncer. Wounder if I'm just mistake also. I'll tell everyone this for the last time. Yes we supported him cause we knew him and thought he was a good guy. As soon as we had facts that he was a dirt bag we dropped him very quickly. I will speak for all the mods in saying that we always are trying to look out for the members of this board first. There were no cover ups but we did not take hearsay as truth till we had hard facts. I can also say that I sent no one to kev and I personally don't know of any who did. Sorry to burst the bubble of all these people who have watched "Conspiracy Theory" too many times

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information