PurePower is offline Senior Member

Anyone ever in the Navy?

Im thinking of joining the Navy to be an MP (provide law enforcement, physical protection and anti–terrorism measures for the U.S. Naval community)

Im bored with my job right now and need a change, i want to have a chance to serve my country and hopefully get some "War time action"

Im leaving for basic in the end of the summer.......Im going to have to drop 40lbs =-(.........so it looks like im going to have to leave my weight training and my strength behind.......It sucks but it HAS to be done im already signed up.

So has anyone served in the Navy and what will i expect in basic? Im assuming it is close to the academy that i attended.

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    Im leaving for basic in the end of the summer.......Im going to have to drop 40lbs =-(.........so it looks like im going to have to leave my weight training and my strength behind.......It sucks but it HAS to be done im already signed up.
    You're not fat are you?

Sym

yea a little

but i have alot more muscle than fat...........I weigh 274 and will have to drop to about 244 by August.....Not a problem

im just curious if anyone on AR was in the Navy and did they like it?

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Im considering between the Marines and the Navy after highschool...Then i'll use the G.I bill to get into college..My ass needs discipline so i can handle college without ****ing up..Good luck to you though bro, sorry I couldn't say I was in the Navy yet!

--Hoss

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    Im considering between the Marines and the Navy after highschool...Then i'll use the G.I bill to get into college..My ass needs discipline so i can handle college without ****ing up..Good luck to you though bro, sorry I couldn't say I was in the Navy yet!

--Hoss
    I thought you were going to the Air Force? Check out the link in my sig.

Sym

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Symian
    I thought you were going to the Air Force? Check out the link in my sig.

Sym
    Yeah Hoss, what happened to 'bomber command' ?

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Well I am in the Navy..
    Some advice..If they gauranteed you MA A-school...that is fine.
    Do lot them send you undesignated to the fleet. NEVER GO UNDESIGNATED!!
    With 40 lbs to the heavy side, how did you pass MEPS physical?
    PM me if you want more info..

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I dont have the grades to get into the Airforce academy guys...ROTC isn't an option because I would have to change schools, and the other school around here would take me about an extra hour AT LEAST to get to in the morning..so i'm eiether going with the Corps or the Navy....even though i would rather be in the Air Force..

If you look at schools, service schools, depolyment cycles, deployment locations, promotions, basic pay, pay allowances/incentives..action..Navy has it topped!

Equipment - Airforce, Bases (not location, but conditions and facilities), AF takes it here! Promotions suck..schools, not up to par.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I think Tock was Navy also....

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    Well I am in the Navy..
    Some advice..If they gauranteed you MA A-school...that is fine.
    Do lot them send you undesignated to the fleet. NEVER GO UNDESIGNATED!!
    With 40 lbs to the heavy side, how did you pass MEPS physical?
    PM me if you want more info..
    Bamma -

I thought MA was a Conversion rate? I.e...had to be an E-5 to become one.???
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Pure...if you can keep your mouth shut, do what you are told and survive a 1.5 run, some pushups and situps....you are in. I was a 17 yo girl from small town Oregon. I survived it. So can you.

And....if Bamma and his BIG trap made it through...I'm pretty sure you are ok

Luv ya Bamma
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

Im thinking of joining the Navy to be an MP (provide law enforcement, physical protection and anti–terrorism measures for the U.S. Naval community)

Im bored with my job right now and need a change, i want to have a chance to serve my country and hopefully get some "War time action"

So has anyone served in the Navy and what will i expect in basic? Im assuming it is close to the academy that i attended.
    Pure......please PM me and explain to me why you would give up your current career path for the Navy. Just curious.

Off to work for me....C.B.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I am ex Navy EOD, when I was in they really never had a designated rating for an MP, there were Master-at-Arms. Don't sign up for anything unless you get an A school, otherwise you will be a non rate and you willl be sorry. I was a gunnersmate and I loved it. Good luck and achors aweigh.

Pure.....promotion opportunites appear great as the rate is undermanned. What paygrade are they saying you will enter as? I didn't realize that they were recruiting direct into the field. I think it used to be you had to cross rate in after you promoted to E-5.

On the down side....MA's do not have the power's that regular LE officers have. It's long hours standing duty at gates, patrolling the bases, etc. I can put you in touch with a couple friends of mine here that are MA's. I feel for the guys here....chitty weather, cold, wet, etc. I always bring them hot choc when I'm on my way home. Hey, on the up side....it's a great way to meet the ladies. LOL

http://www.staynavy.navy.mil/Tools/R...=70&submit1=Go

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't know if I'd leave a good job to enlist bro. How old are you again? I went to Meps @ 17 and was all gun ho to join. I was over weight too but they took some measurements to see it was all muscle. I wanted seal school. When they saw my ASVAB they made me take the advanced physics test and tried to stick me in nuke power. No way I wanted to be stuck on a sub so I told them go to hell. My buddie who was a recruiter said they were just trying to fill a quota with me. **** that. Those recruiters are like used car dealers so be careful what you believe.

Hey bro this doesn't mean our Mexico trip is off does it? I could use some tequila.

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    I used to live next to the great lake training faclitiy for about 5 years, my backyard was the marching area and were everyone would park for graduation, my backyard consisted of a barbwire fence, so i have seen thousands of people march day after day, thats the only thing i can say, and if you go awall go to the brown house and tell them you know Tommy, they can help you out i guess, and lucky i am not there, because i would shoot you with my BB gun.

decadbal is offline Banned
    bro, i wouldnt worry about the navy, or the training, im sure it cant be to hard, less its BUDS, anything other than that, i went to HS with some major ****bags and they said it was cake. i wasnt in the navy, i was army, im sure you wont have a prob with it, just drop the weight and get used to running and having your ass kicked by marines and we fine army ppl. RANGER LEAD THE WAY.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    I got a friend in the navy right now who just got off the kittyhawk, he didn't like it too much. he found there were a lot of toolbags who run their mouth. he has great benefits now but hated not being able to hang out at home but just once a year. You will loose a lot of size in the navy being underway. If you decide to go, good luck. If not, good luck too.

Well Since 2001, MA is no longer just a conversion rate...same changes as LN. One can choose either rate during MEPS/Classification.
    Last edited by BamaSlamma; 02-25-2004 at 02:59 PM.

Well Since 2001, MA is no longer just a conversion rate...same changes as LN. One can choose either rate during MEPS/Classification.
    Too much chit changed when I was off doing the embassy thing. Grrrr.

Hey....no shot back wrt my big yap slam.

No love.... Miss you Bama

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    I dont have the grades to get into the Airforce academy guys...ROTC isn't an option because I would have to change schools, and the other school around here would take me about an extra hour AT LEAST to get to in the morning..so i'm eiether going with the Corps or the Navy....even though i would rather be in the Air Force..

the airforce academy in miniapolis along with the militrary academy at west point are along some of the hardest schools to get into.. i still have a brochure for westpoint and out of something like 15k people 400-500 get in.. **** if you had the grades for the air force academy.. i would jump on it with out a hesitation..

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member

navy's basic is a breeze, and as the others said just keep your mouth shut and do what your told. Don't go the way I went, I was the first person of 84 people that the petty officers knew my name by the first day. If they don't know you it's a good thing

LOL Dark.....were you a special case????

navy's basic is a breeze, and as the others said just keep your mouth shut and do what your told. Don't go the way I went, I was the first person of 84 people that the petty officers knew my name by the first day. If they don't know you it's a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    LOL Dark.....were you a special case????

yeah I guess you could put it that way,lol

I was the Mail Petty Officer. I went to Boot in Orlando. I was very well taken care of because my other company members paid me off to help them get letters from their boyfriends in our brother company!!

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    I was the Mail Petty Officer. I went to Boot in Orlando. I was very well taken care of because my other company members paid me off to help them get letters from their boyfriends in our brother company!!
    I was in chicago, and just was always doing something wrong, it was always something dumb as sh*t too

I got in trouble ONCE during the entire time....I made the mistake of asking the OOD permission to come aboard. She screamed at me and asked me if she looked like the petty officer of the watch. Dropped me for 25 push ups and sent me on my way.

Pretty stupid.

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    the airforce academy in miniapolis along with the militrary academy at west point are along some of the hardest schools to get into.. i still have a brochure for westpoint and out of something like 15k people 400-500 get in.. **** if you had the grades for the air force academy.. i would jump on it with out a hesitation..
    The Air Force Academy is in Colorado Springs. You have to be accepted by your junior year of HS...or at least you did 12 years ago. You also need a Congressional appointment.

Back to the Navy question...Big Tex was in the Navy...shoot him a PM.

Symian is offline Member
    Equipment - Airforce, Bases (not location, but conditions and facilities), AF takes it here! Promotions suck..schools, not up to par.
    That's why I go to all the Army schools, aside from SEAR.

Sym

You mean SERE?

Symian is offline Member
    You mean SERE?
    No, I mean SERE.

Sym

I went through SERE in Brunswick, ME..before being assigned to NATO....cold as hell..lots almost 14 lbs over 7 days...dehydrated...got caught...it was horrible!

Symian is offline Member
    I went through SERE in Brunswick, ME..before being assigned to NATO....cold as hell..lots almost 14 lbs over 7 days...dehydrated...got caught...it was horrible!
    Luckily my team was made up of TACP and we had one Army 1st Lt. I felt sorry for the other SERE instructors, because most of the guys going through the course are USAF officers, and they are some whinny bitches! We didn't get caught; we hid in the MIDDLE of an open field of 4ft high grass with a couple trees, and slept for a couple hours. We could hear the aggressors lookin in the trees, but they never thought to look in the middle of the field. But in the end you have to get caught, F***IN traitor contacts!

Sym

Thread Information