Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=decadbal]
    Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    "Bro, I hate to get started on this,But im going to...I think the days of pride for certain things are gone. People nowadays have no respect for anything..I'm only 21 but a lot of people say I act like I'm my dad's age. I take that as a compliment. I don't walk around playing the role of a bada$s, but people today make me sick. The people that everyone thinks are the "hip" people of the world are mostly just people that have money. That is all that matters to everyone is money.

Money is nice,but it's not everything. In my opinion everything has changed. It used to be "stand by your man" now its more like "I dont know which one is my babies daddy" I hate to degrade everyone on earth,but about 99% of the people need it. If the world was based on the same values that they were in the 40's and 50's I think people would have a different outlook of life. I think men would be more hard working for every dime they have,and I feel women would be more supportive.

I really think after the vietnam war and or around the era things started to go downhill. I listen to many older gentleman speak and they talk about a lot of interesting things,but mainly it makes me wonder where the world is going today. For example I see on the news today Rosie o' Donnell marrying some woman. This is one of those things I feel would never have evolved if people didnt feel so much individulity anymore. There is no such thing as togetherness..I hear so much about after 9/11 we all united and that crap..However all I heard from classmates was how much they are scared they are going to get drafted.

Another impression I get from so many people today is that they want everyone in the u.s to feel sorry for them. It might be another country or just people in general wanna piss and moan, but i get so sick of it.

I for one am going to be very scared for my children and grandchildren etc..etc.."[/qupte]

as with everyone i agree, i just think its a little oxymoronic that your name is goodtobeapimp, and you said that..lol

lol i thought the same thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggum
    I totally agree, it was a good post. But you guys gotta realize, that GTBP's arguement is something that's perpetual. Our parent's are saying the same thing their parents were saying, and so on -> "in the old days" or "things just aren't the same anymore" or "what happened to the days when...". The world is forever changing, whether it's for the better or worse, is n each man's opinion (and woman's - sorry CB ). Instead of letting the changing world dictate what happens to your kids, I think it's up to the individual to teach their children and grandchildren the ideas and values that they regard and want to pass on. And have them do the same for their kids. That way, GTBP, even if the world is changing, you can do your part to maintain what "used to be".
    Wiggum I agree with you,but i think the arguement that is perpetual and is based on what each generation says has changed....They had to live 60 or 70 years to pass it down. I've lived 22. Now if i live 3 times what I am now,I'm going to have more things to say to my grandchildren then anyone has ever thought of. Every single day something is changing..Something big or at least something that shouldn't be...Yesterday its same sex marriages. Today its social security and how we can't afford to have it. A week ago it was should we amend the constitution to let a non born U.S citizen run for president.

I do remember hearing years ago from people how social security wouldnt last much longer. Its not hard to figure that but still just another problem we open on ourselves. Some of the reasons I said I was scared for my kids are things just like this. If the world has been turning 20mph for 50 years and our generation it turns 40mph..That just means by the time they are around its going to be out of control. I'm not afraid of what my kids are going to do because believe me I will teach them and they WILL learn right from wrong. You will not have to worry about my child shooting up a school or blowing up a building, because they will have learned what is right from wrong. The only reason these people act the way they do is because mommy and daddy were too busy in the bedroom to teach them the ways of life.

I'm not worried about my children's actions. I'm worried about your childrens actions. Things that seemed impossible when I was younger is now a reality. Thats what I fear. People that drive their children will teach them and they will be much better off. If they have no role models,or if the ones they do are setting a negative example,the children do not know any better.

No one wants to accept responsibilites anymore. Everyone wants to be 17 and chasing tail around the cruising block but you can't do that forever. You sure as hell can't do that forever if you have children. If people accepted responsibilites and set higher standards for themselves and sometimes yes sometimes even stood up and took the blame for sh*t they have ****ed up the world would be a better place for you, me and our children...

Wiggum is offline Associate Member
    I'm not worried about my children's actions. I'm worried about your childrens actions. Things that seemed impossible when I was younger is now a reality. Thats what I fear. People that drive their children will teach them and they will be much better off. If they have no role models,or if the ones they do are setting a negative example,the children do not know any better.
    Bro, that was point. You can't control what happens with others so you take the initiative to pass down what you think is valuable to your kids and hopefully they will set an example for others.

No one wants to accept responsibilites anymore. Everyone wants to be 17 and chasing tail around the cruising block but you can't do that forever. You sure as hell can't do that forever if you have children. If people accepted responsibilites and set higher standards for themselves and sometimes yes sometimes even stood up and took the blame for sh*t they have ****ed up the world would be a better place for you, me and our children...
    The fact that no one takes responsibility for their own actions is nothing new man. It's not something that just started. There's been scandals and all this other bs for years. Whether its someone high profile or not, I believe it's some sort of human instinct or immediate reaction to not take responsibility - just to stay out of trouble. I don't care who you are, no one wants to look like an a ss if they did something wrong. There are those that'll stand up and say I did it. But I guarantee even those people had the thought go through their mind that they may be able to "get out of it" w/o taking the blame.

On a side note, you do sound a lot like my dad. It also sounds like a lot of this s hit gets you down too. Bro, you're 22. You have plenty of time to worry about the world. Enjoy yourself, man. I'm only 27 and I'm not living the life I was when I was 22 even now.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    its so we can get bitches easyer. its like in the 80s. the more girl like a guy looked the more girls he got

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big daddy k de
    its so we can get bitches easyer. its like in the 80s. the more girl like a guy looked the more girls he got
    Well ain't that a plus, I don't have to be anorexic and a buck 25.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, the 80's sucked..Flock of Sea Gulls looking fags..the Wham guys...I am glad my pop made me watch Gunsmoke.!
    Last edited by BamaSlamma; 02-28-2004 at 12:18 PM.

Nowadays every girl wants a sausage boy...6'3 or taller 130-160 pounds. Must have gelled hair and corral necklace at all times...Cheek bones must be present,and you must have hair down your shoulders...The more you act like a girl the more girls love it..IF a woman has to guess if your gay or straight then you are definitly on the right page. I remember growing up and seeing all these movies where this stick boy is talkin about some girl he's got a hardon for and how he couldn't get her because her boyfriend is a star football player will muscles..Sh**************tttttt it's not like that anymore. The guy with the muscles would be sitting around saying well her boyfriend is a twig therefore i have no chance,but always a good thing is you can still kick his a*s...
    Last edited by goodtobeapimp; 02-28-2004 at 01:11 PM. Reason: spelling

SpunHoney is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RON
    Hey bama hope you don't mind but I noticed you missed one so I fixed your post for ya

~ I Knew that must have been a mistake having your name in there!!!~

~Bama you want me to take care of him for ya??? we all know that Ron is scared of me!~ ~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~
    ~You know that place between awake and asleep? The place where you remember dreamin' That is were i will always love you, that is where i will wait~

Handle it,Spun!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Come on now Bama can't we talk about this. I only have one fear in life and that is Spun. She's just MEAN How bout I fight BDTR instead.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Stay away from highschool girls and maybe you won't have that problem. I think I speak for most the ladies on here......but we like our men with some muscle on them. Personally I prefer a guy around 5'9 that looks like he hits a gym. Screw hair gel and crap. If you take longer to get ready in the morning than I do......you got to GO.

Just my .02 cents.

Nowadays every girl wants a sausage boy...6'3 or taller 130-160 pounds. Must have gelled hair and corral necklace at all times...Cheek bones must be present,and you must have hair down your shoulders...The more you act like a girl the more girls love it..IF a woman has to guess if your gay or straight then you are definitly on the right page. I remember growing up and seeing all these movies where this stick boy is talkin about some girl he's got a hardon for and how he couldn't get her because her boyfriend is a star football player will muscles..Sh**************tttttt it's not like that anymore. The guy with the muscles would be sitting around saying well her boyfriend is a twig therefore i have no chance,but always a good thing is you can still kick his a*s...
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Dam you Barbi! I'm 5'10 not 5'9. Guess I'm too tall for ya babe

I agree with MR Pimp there. A lot of girls like smaller men. Thank god not all of them do but there are a lot who like the rockstar/coke head look

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I would make an exception for you Ron
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Dam you Barbi! I'm 5'10 not 5'9. Guess I'm too tall for ya babe
    You must be measuring to the top of your ears....or standing on your tail!!

Come on now Bama can't we talk about this. I only have one fear in life and that is Spun. She's just MEAN How bout I fight BDTR instead.
    Good trade off, right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information