Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member

What Happened To Real Men?

Looking at threads, quotes, kids-of-today,pop culture, makes me wonder what happened to real men like John Wayne, Steve McQueen, Lee Marvin, George Patton, Charlton Heston, James Arness, RON?
    Last edited by RON; 02-26-2004 at 03:16 PM.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I'm sure it had something to do with the democrats...I don't know how yet...but that's my story!!!!

If one were to speak, act or think like these men, it would be heresy! What a shame!

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    bama- not to hi-jack your thread but are you near sigonela? at the NAS?

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bama hope you don't mind but I noticed you missed one so I fixed your post for ya

Quote Originally Posted by RON
    Hey bama hope you don't mind but I noticed you missed one so I fixed your post for ya
    Mighty Mouse has never been considered a "real man" anywhere in history you doof!!!
    Last edited by tryingtogetbig; 02-26-2004 at 03:28 PM.

RON
    Why don't you go turn liberal you pinko :P

what's a "pinko"?

RON
    you are lol. Anyway stop hijacking this thread about Real Men such as myself.

You forgot Clint Eastwood too.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Lets list what makes up a real man...........

1. he is strong
    2. self confident
    3. he is afraid to cry........
    4. brings home the money..........
    5. loves his mother
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Sir Foxx is offline New Member
    Kurt Russell is still around.

Valmont is offline Banned
    Real men, you mean like the guys in the Army, and marines fighting over seas right now?

I am not really sure why Ron and the others consider movie stars to be real men. But hey, thats cool.

My grandfather died in Nam I would put that up against old Clint any day.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    what's a "pinko"?
    He called you a fag, skirtboy.

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    He called you a fag, skirtboy.
    hhhmmmmm..... ....am I the only one to see the irony in this?

You better not be hitting on me again you big eared mouse boy....

ross3814 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    Looking at threads, quotes, kids-of-today,pop culture, makes me wonder what happened to real men like John Wayne, Steve McQueen, Lee Marvin, George Patton, Charlton Heston, James Arness, RON?
    what about carson daily, or that rugged fellow dave navaro?

Mass told me to say Justin Timberlake....I tried to explain to him the difference...but he was all giggly and goo-goo eye after he said his name!!???

peace,

ttgb

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

You forgot Hoss.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    Lets list what makes up a real man...........

1. he is strong
    2. self confident
    3. he is afraid to cry........
    4. brings home the money..........
    5. loves his mother

Charles Ingles ?

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    why isnt luvmyroids metioned in this real men thread? hes like a super hero..

Pwrlfter is offline Junior Member
    I'm sure it had something to do with the democrats...I don't know how yet...but that's my story!!!!
    Not the democrats, it's the bleeding heart liberals and the feminazis.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by RON
    Would you mind coming up here and being a real man for me??????? I can't seem to find any.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    You forgot Hoss.
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmont
    Real men, you mean like the guys in the Army, and marines fighting over seas right now?

I am not really sure why Ron and the others consider movie stars to be real men. But hey, thats cool.

My grandfather died in Nam I would put that up against old Clint any day.
    Amen bro.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    CB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what about the guy who's there for ya now......... brings ya flowers....

come on............. ???

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    Would you mind coming up here and being a real man for me??????? I can't seem to find any.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Bought him a bottle of Midol today.

But I was kidding.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member

Here I am!

More man than you'll ever be, and more woman than you'll ever get!
    --Tock

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Here I am!

More man than you'll ever be, and more woman than you'll ever get!
    --Tock
    You mean "have had more men"..

Bro, I hate to get started on this,But im going to...I think the days of pride for certain things are gone. People nowadays have no respect for anything..I'm only 21 but a lot of people say I act like I'm my dad's age. I take that as a compliment. I don't walk around playing the role of a bada$s, but people today make me sick. The people that everyone thinks are the "hip" people of the world are mostly just people that have money. That is all that matters to everyone is money.

Money is nice,but it's not everything. In my opinion everything has changed. It used to be "stand by your man" now its more like "I dont know which one is my babies daddy" I hate to degrade everyone on earth,but about 99% of the people need it. If the world was based on the same values that they were in the 40's and 50's I think people would have a different outlook of life. I think men would be more hard working for every dime they have,and I feel women would be more supportive.

I really think after the vietnam war and or around the era things started to go downhill. I listen to many older gentleman speak and they talk about a lot of interesting things,but mainly it makes me wonder where the world is going today. For example I see on the news today Rosie o' Donnell marrying some woman. This is one of those things I feel would never have evolved if people didnt feel so much individulity anymore. There is no such thing as togetherness..I hear so much about after 9/11 we all united and that crap..However all I heard from classmates was how much they are scared they are going to get drafted.

Another impression I get from so many people today is that they want everyone in the u.s to feel sorry for them. It might be another country or just people in general wanna piss and moan, but i get so sick of it.

I for one am going to be very scared for my children and grandchildren etc..etc..

Much agreed!

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    Another impression I get from so many people today is that they want everyone in the u.s to feel sorry for them. It might be another country or just people in general wanna piss and moan, but i get so sick of it.

I for one am going to be very scared for my children and grandchildren etc..etc..
    Great post, bro. Couldn't have said it better. You sound like you are or have been in the military.

Sym

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    Bro, I hate to get started on this,But im going to...I think the days of pride for certain things are gone. People nowadays have no respect for anything..I'm only 21 but a lot of people say I act like I'm my dad's age. I take that as a compliment. I don't walk around playing the role of a bada$s, but people today make me sick. The people that everyone thinks are the "hip" people of the world are mostly just people that have money. That is all that matters to everyone is money.

Money is nice,but it's not everything. In my opinion everything has changed. It used to be "stand by your man" now its more like "I dont know which one is my babies daddy" I hate to degrade everyone on earth,but about 99% of the people need it. If the world was based on the same values that they were in the 40's and 50's I think people would have a different outlook of life. I think men would be more hard working for every dime they have,and I feel women would be more supportive.

I really think after the vietnam war and or around the era things started to go downhill. I listen to many older gentleman speak and they talk about a lot of interesting things,but mainly it makes me wonder where the world is going today. For example I see on the news today Rosie o' Donnell marrying some woman. This is one of those things I feel would never have evolved if people didnt feel so much individulity anymore. There is no such thing as togetherness..I hear so much about after 9/11 we all united and that crap..However all I heard from classmates was how much they are scared they are going to get drafted.

Thats a real good post you put up I couldnt agree more.

Well now that I left the Island..I can understand why you are hard pressed to find one! Dont worry Reb, I'll be back soon!

RON

Barbi if you weren't so far from me I'd be more than happy to.....BUT you are

I was the ony one up there...I am in Sicily now...you wouldnt find one, Ron!

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Great post goodtobeapimp

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    its those dam queer eye for the straight guy shows that are on tv

bump....I'm sticking with my story!!

Wiggum is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RP7
    Great post goodtobeapimp

I totally agree, it was a good post. But you guys gotta realize, that GTBP's arguement is something that's perpetual. Our parent's are saying the same thing their parents were saying, and so on -> "in the old days" or "things just aren't the same anymore" or "what happened to the days when...". The world is forever changing, whether it's for the better or worse, is n each man's opinion (and woman's - sorry CB ). Instead of letting the changing world dictate what happens to your kids, I think it's up to the individual to teach their children and grandchildren the ideas and values that they regard and want to pass on. And have them do the same for their kids. That way, GTBP, even if the world is changing, you can do your part to maintain what "used to be".

I agree with you Wiggum, the problem seems perpetual..but a society, race, socio-economic group only has so far to degenerate, water down or fall!

decadbal is offline Banned
    "Bro, I hate to get started on this,But im going to...I think the days of pride for certain things are gone. People nowadays have no respect for anything..I'm only 21 but a lot of people say I act like I'm my dad's age. I take that as a compliment. I don't walk around playing the role of a bada$s, but people today make me sick. The people that everyone thinks are the "hip" people of the world are mostly just people that have money. That is all that matters to everyone is money.

I for one am going to be very scared for my children and grandchildren etc..etc.."

as with everyone i agree, i just think its a little oxymoronic that your name is goodtobeapimp, and you said that..lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information