Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Peoples rudeness and stupidity god ****

Everytime I start doing westside powerlifting EVERYONE in the god **** gym stares like Im a wack or something?
    Especialy when using chains.

If they are curious about what good the chains are for then I would not mind if they come and ask me. BUT I DO ****ING MIND WHEN THEY STAND THERE STARING ALL THE ****ING TIME. Its ****ing anoying and it makes me stressed.

dont want to turn this into a rasist thread either but why ohh why is the arabs always worst when it comes to staring(and beeing rude in general)? Dont they learn common sense where they come from?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I get alot of stares aswell, you lift heavy and everyone admires you.

As for the chains you probly look like a nut (with your shaved head) so i really cant blame them

Symian is offline Member
    What is "westside powerlifting"? Yeah, don't like people staring either, but it's flattering when I do my heavy lifts! Nobody does deadlifts, and I love grunting my head off. Everyone looks at me like a freak, but I don't give a f*** as long as I'm lifting a lot of wieght. Otherwise thier looking at me like I'm a wus, and THAT I don't like.

Sym

Quote Originally Posted by Symian
    What is "westside powerlifting"? Yeah, don't like people staring either, but it's flattering when I do my heavy lifts! Nobody does deadlifts, and I love grunting my head off. Everyone looks at me like a freak, but I don't give a f*** as long as I'm lifting a lot of wieght. Otherwise thier looking at me like I'm a wus, and THAT I don't like.

Sym
    Lol the thing is Palme I dont lift especialy heavy but I guess the chains are kinda unusual.

Symian read these articles!! I promise you its not a waste of time. Westside completely changed the way I look at training. let me know if you want more info on it!

http://www.musclemonthly.com/article...werlifting.htm

The worst stares I have ever seen was at my old gym in my old time. My lifting buddy was about to max out in the deadlift and Im not kiddin EVERYONE in the god **** gym stopped lifting and started to stare at him. EVERY god **** person in the gym. Like everyone just froze and turned their heads and stared. It was ****ing spooky.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Shiat there have been occasions where people start staring at me....Once on benchpress (struggling with 135 for 8 reps, ) But now my bench is better And the second time was when I stiffleg deadlifted eiether 300 or pretty close to it. I think it's funny though..Then there was some girl that followed me around and watched me do calf raises, she would ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS go over on the seated leg press behind me and just ****ING STARE!!! I mean yeah she was my age and she looked d amn good but i get nervous when that shiat goes on!

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    Shiat there have been occasions where people start staring at me....Once on benchpress (struggling with 135 for 8 reps, ) But now my bench is better And the second time was when I stiffleg deadlifted eiether 300 or pretty close to it. I think it's funny though..Then there was some girl that followed me around and watched me do calf raises, she would ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS go over on the seated leg press behind me and just ****ING STARE!!! I mean yeah she was my age and she looked d amn good but i get nervous when that shiat goes on!
    I only WISH I had women staring! But when they do it's very motivational, to say the least.

I'll definitely check those links Johan, when I get some time.

Sym

Quote Originally Posted by Symian
    I only WISH I had women staring! But when they do it's very motivational, to say the least.

I'll definitely check those links Johan, when I get some time.

Sym
    Yeah...this girl isnt too bad eiether, gotta bomb body and loves watching me do the mad seated calf raises.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Ahh I see the links!

Yeah! Throw in your allsports nutrition link..

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    if shes behind you and you're doin stiff-legged deadlifts and you don't like her staring, just let one rip as you bend over. Im sure that will get her attention!

Yeah...this girl isnt too bad eiether, gotta bomb body and loves watching me do the mad seated calf raises.
    Why dont you go over and fondle a bit with her ass and whisper in her ear
    "come over to my place for some cardio".
    Either she will think your nuts and avoid you after that or you'll get some action

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    dont want to turn this into a rasist thread either but why ohh why is the arabs always worst when it comes to staring(and beeing rude in general)? Dont they learn common sense where they come from?

When I went to military police school in the Air Force, we were told not to mess with the Iranians (this was when the US was training their fighter pilots) when we saw them walking down the street holding hands or even kissing. Supposedly, this is common in their culture. They'll even sleep together. But none of this means they're even remotely gay; it's just the way they express friendship in their culture. God help 'em if they're ever discovered having sex--that's instant death, no questions asked.

My guess is that they're accustomed to staring at spectacle. Here in the US, anyway (I don't know what they do in Sweden), folks are often told to "mind their own business," or get challenged with a line like, "What's the matter--like what you see?"
    Ya, I'll guess it's just a cultural thing, and they probably don't know that it's not cool to stare the way they do.

It is what it is . . .
    --Tock

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    My guess is that they're accustomed to staring at spectacle. Here in the US, anyway (I don't know what they do in Sweden), folks are often told to "mind their own business," or get challenged with a line like, "What's the matter--like what you see?"
    Ya, I'll guess it's just a cultural thing, and they probably don't know that it's not cool to stare the way they do.

It is what it is . . .
    --Tock
    swedes are in general not that rude. It takes alot before I would confront anyone and it seems like it is that way with most swedes. Most often the swedish guys that confronts people for staring ect is the ones looking for a fight.
    Sometimes I just give a dirty look back and it most often fixes the problem but that doesnt work with arabs at all

decadbal is offline Banned
    well ppl either stare bc your inspiring, or laughable, which is it....lol, and whats the deal with chains? Ronnie dont use chains, that must be some kind of powerlifter thing, seems a powerlifter would wanna use his hands like ronnie....and not chains..lol...im just bustin your balls bro, keep lifting hard

swedes are in general not that rude. It takes alot before I would confront anyone and it seems like it is that way with most swedes. Most often the swedish guys that confronts people for staring ect is the ones looking for a fight.
    Sometimes I just give a dirty look back and it most often fixes the problem but that doesnt work with arabs at all

You might consider the direct approach. Figure out which one is the ringleader, have a friendly chat with him (walk up to him with a smile on your face and your hand out for a friendly handshake) and tell him that you appreciate his admiring your efforts with heavy weights, but that it makes you feel nervous (or disturbed or scared, whatever) when so many eyes are staring at you, like being taken to court with everyone watching. Then ask a favor (keep your smile going), ask if he and his friends could watch something else while you're lifting.
    My guess is that he'll apologize, be glad to work with ya, and spread the word to his Arab buds. Probably will be surprised you bothered to talk to him, too.
    Yah, this approach is definitely better than stewing in anger and glaring at them . . . they'll pick up on your hostility, which I doubt is your primary concern, and probably get pissed because all you ever do is glare at them for no reason (from their perspective, anyway).

Another approach would be to learn to ignore 'em. Zone out, focus completely on what you're doing, so that even if all of Sweden was watching you lift, you wouldn't notice.

Or, since you have a captive audience, you could just make a spectacle of yourself, do your lift, turn around and look at all the eyes staring at you, smile, and take a bow . . . invite applause. You'll either make a bunch of new friends, or else they'll think you're crazy and stop watching.

Worst thing to do, I'm pretty sure, would be to do nothing and keep getting pissed.

Good luck,
    --Tock

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    great advice tock. I use it as fuel.

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    people staring pisses me off... i dunno why but it makes me wanna lose my ****.... i usually give the head shake and try and ignore it

ft-

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteykauai
    i think if hoss has a story he needs to have pictures to back it up

No.....I think Hoss needs to be studying.....

Why dont you go over and fondle a bit with her ass and whisper in her ear
    "come over to my place for some cardio".
    Either she will think your nuts and avoid you after that or you'll get some action

LMAO!!! Bro i've gotta girl, I just like the fact that I know some girls are starting to notice me more. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Babyweight
    No.....I think Hoss needs to be studying.....
    Awe...I have been studying! Im gonna keep at it too....post up pics of my before and after on the report card. Thanks for keeping an eye on me.

--Hoss

TOMMY-GUNN is offline Associate Member
    i can't believe you ave over 600 posts already hoss....you are actually addicted to an internet message board.

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Awe...I have been studying! Im gonna keep at it too....post up pics of my before and after on the report card. Thanks for keeping an eye on me.

--Hoss
    Your welcome.... and if you keep it up...I may have to tudor your a**...
    and I'm not easy!

BW

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    yea when you start using chains at a regular gym you will get people staring alot=-)

you need to find a "hardcore gym" around where you live.........I beleive Ano Turtiainen has a gym in Sweden if im not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Babyweight
    Your welcome.... and if you keep it up...I may have to tudor your a**...
    and I'm not easy!

BW
    I wont complain if you're my tutor.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMY-GUNN
    i can't believe you ave over 600 posts already hoss....you are actually addicted to an internet message board.
    I know...isnt it insane? But the city i live in is so d amn boring...Everythings the same.. Online, there's always something new.

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    I have a bad problem with people that like to stare for some reason also, but i think its because i will bust out laughing for no reason at all or little burst of small giggles while lifting, i was told by my teachers and counslers in highschool i need to see a shrink, anywho, it makes me nervous when people stare at me, it makes me think they are gonna do something to me....

thats ****iN awesome gorillia. LOL.... lmfao

hahahahhjaha

Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    yea when you start using chains at a regular gym you will get people staring alot=-)

you need to find a "hardcore gym" around where you live.........I beleive Ano Turtiainen has a gym in Sweden if im not mistaken.
    This gym I think is the most "hardcore" gym in this town ohh well atleast they are gonna get a power rack. Maby there is a pl club hidden in a basement somewhere have to check into that!

Tock your right I defenetly dont want any hostility whatsoever with anyone on my gym. The gym is my mental relaxation place I need it to keep sane and bull**** and bickering there would be hell. Il learn to ignore them I guess

Tock your right I defenetly dont want any hostility whatsoever with anyone on my gym. The gym is my mental relaxation place I need it to keep sane and bull**** and bickering there would be hell. Il learn to ignore them I guess

You're a smart guy; you know stuff about ethics and can speak a foreign language . . . I'm sure that you'll figure something out . . .
    --Tock

Thread Information