synthetic is offline Associate Member

platella sp? ****ed up...any of u have this?

i ****ed it up doign squats of an 8" box (im 5'11", parallel is about 14")
    and i cant do any squats now, cuz it feels like soemthing is gonan break and i get a sharp pain doin em, i cant even do sissy ass leg press.

still can do deads and sdls..... did anyone have a similar prob..how long did it take to heal and what did u do to keep your squat strength from dropping?

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    I'm just getting over tendonitis of my Patella, i couldn't do any quads for 3 months. Did most of the damage with a Leg Extension machine, I'll never do them again. I lost about 3 inches on my legs I'm only just getting back into squats and leg press now, strength is coming back very quickly, upto 1/2 of my max after only a few workouts, but I'm taking it slow, don't wanna totally pop my knee.

Just strap them and see how you go, I'm 6'5 and people tell me I should strap my knees with any quad movements. At least I could still work my calves and hams... lucky quads (were) my best asset, just need to build them up again.

synthetic is offline Associate Member
    **** 3 months that sucks. i did strap my kneww but it didnt help

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    Hell I've had that problem since '92. How long does it last? 12 years and counting. Once I think it's gone, it comes up and bites me in the ass again. Like right now. Stoopid knee.

Wrap it and do your best. If it's too unbearable, lay off of it for a couple weeks, then start back with VERY light weights and just increase every workout until you're back to normal. I've had it so bad I had to squat with just the bar. Add 5s the next week....10s the next......6-7 months later I'm getting back to a real leg workout.

Take care of those knees, and your rotators too. Those stupid things can end you.

-LH

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humungous
    Take care of those knees, and your rotators too. Those stupid things can end you.

-LH
    true that...joints suck ass...i've got a torn ACL and i just blew out my ankle ligaments last Xmas eve...i still can't squat...sh*t i can barely walk!

take care of your joints...they'll decide what you can and can't do later in life!

Thread Information