View Poll Results: should the gov't tell you how many wives U can have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I don't mind the gov't taking the option away.

6 40.00%
  • No way, I want to make up my own mind.

9 60.00%
    Tock is offline Anabolic Member

Polygamy -- For or against?

We thrashed the gay marriage issue to death (may it rest in peace and never be brought up again), but do you think the government should be able to tell you whether or not you can have two or more wives? And why/why not?

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    We thrashed the gay marriage issue to death (may it rest in peace and never be brought up again), but do you think the government should be able to tell you whether or not you can have two or more wives? And why/why not?
    Interesting topic tock. I can see the arguments on both sides at this point (especially when you relate it to some of the arguments in the gay marriage debate).

I'll say this and then butt out of the argument. I don't think polygamy should be given any recognition by govt. Should it be illegal? I'm not sure. But there should be no extended benefits, etc (those involved in marriage and/or civil unions) to more than one spouse.

I don't believe in polygamy...but if you're crazy enough to want more than one wife...then who am I to say no?

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Nah....one wife is fine for me. Even though the sex would kick ass. THREESOMES!! If someone wants to have more then one wife, that should be their choice...but hell, i'd rather prefer one. And a sportf*uck on the side.

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    It should be acceptable as long as all vows and responsibilities apply just as a monogamous relationship. Also, responsibilities to the children even if there is a seperation such as child support or alimony. Also, the vow to the wives only. Polygamy shouldn't entitle you to the many, only a dedication to the wives only, and not perverted to excuse multiple partners out of the marriage. I think it can be done.

The idea of goverment seperating church from state applies here. If the goverment is so concerned with this, applying church from state, then monogamy should be left to the people because there is a religous motivation behind the ban.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    I don't have a problem with it. I don't think the goverment should be able to tell you that you can't have more than one wife. It works the other way too. Women should be able to have more than one husband as well. I doubt there would be many women stepping up for their right to have more than one husband though.

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Whatever floats ya boat. I used to be married and one wife was bad enough, 2+ I don't even want to think about.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    In 16 states, legistaltion does in fact limit the number of marriages an individual may have...anothter 5 require psych-couseling after a given number of divorces.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    In my opinion, for the better good of the country and all that we hold near and dear to our hearts, monogamous relationships are the foundation for a thriving social environment. From what I know about individuals involved in polygimist (sp?) relationships, they were based on lack of respect for women, and the women were not what you could consider of a sound mind. As appealing as the idea is, it is equally repulsive, IMO.

peace,

ttgb

We thrashed the gay marriage issue to death (may it rest in peace and never be brought up again)...
    Oh yeah...YOU are STILL posting in the gay marriage thread....shoot that **** thing in the head so that it will die!

peace,

ttgb

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    Oh yeah...YOU are STILL posting in the gay marriage thread....shoot that **** thing in the head so that it will die!

peace,

ttgb
    Well, I hoped it was finished . . . someone invited me to respond, and what else could I do?
    --Tock

Well, I hoped it was finished . . . someone invited me to respond, and what else could I do?
    --Tock
    It was a very insightful thread Tock....it will die one of these days...hopefully!

decadbal is offline Banned
    with as many parentless children in the us as is, does anyone think that having kids with several wives could make this place any better? i dont think so, the divorce rate is at this highest ever and ppl want to have several wives, are some people so dam dumb they need to make every mistake known to man before they realize they arnt so dam intelligent?

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SGFuryZ
    Well, see, the funny thing about America, is that is stands for freedom. But where do we draw the line? Better yet, how can we draw the line without encroaching on someone's freedoms? China controls their population by limiting births per family, but they're run by a Communist government. Just try to get Americans to agree to a Communist ideal. Hell, look at the tension and hostility Americans had towards Communists during the Cold War. Honestly, I'd have to say Communism looks great on paper, and works well for the government, but it's the complete opposite of the American lifestyle. Americans are equal because they have an equal opportunity to pursue their freedoms and happiness. America is all about expanding on their freedoms. Communists make everyone equal by restricting freedoms and choices. Both governments are for equality, however, only one supports freedom for the individual...
    VERY well said.

tuna is offline Junior Member
    Communism isnt about restricting choices. Its about stopping monopolisation of power.
    And assets

Who really controlls the u s george bush or the weapons companys the oil barrens.

The reason communism deosnt work is because it cannot fight capitilsm and win.
    it is impossible to look after the interest of everybody and succseed when capitalism offers a better deal to the powerful few who arent interested in fair trade or equality.

If you have a fair system of wealth, debt, education opportunity then who would do the ****ty things the people at the top would lose their advantage and have to compete on a fair plain.

As for multiple wives strong arguments each way. In a fair society the weak would be protected and could not be forced and oppressed into marrige. So as long as the adults were consenting educated and happy of sound mind making a constructive life and input to a diverse and free society then cool.

But as the money and wealth of this earth are wasted manipulated robbed and hidden. The inferstructure for a real society is not their So it is possible for volnerable women to be abused and mentaly hustled into such marriges.

Basically the society we have is a rip a thin vail of comfortable illusions we do not protect our weak so a law against such marraiges would be a token effort of protection of the weak. Their is by far enougth wealth in this world to feed, house,educate,employ and socially protect everybody on the planet.

Instead nike are allowed to pay a child a penny a mounth to work in their factorys and Then I pay taxes to educate some politicions son who then works for nikes advertising team and sells the trainers the child made at 0.005 to me for 150 uk pounds In this world abusive people get away with it everday consenting adults marrying isnt a problem global politics are

I would say that the world is run by corperations.

Its very sad really we were given such a beautiful oppurtunity of life. And have made so much progress as a specease but yet the many are controlled by the few. And those few are not even the strong just the powerful who are corrupt evil twisted sick devil like creatures. The one thing I dont understand is how come no president has ever tried to make a difference. you know a real difference to put the wrongs of the world write. I mean to get into polotics you must have thought that one president or prime minister would. Now fu ck this space 100 billion on hold for the next 50 years lets wipe our debt with the third world and set them up as a funcional modern society with the luxurys we have like food shelter education government electricity video games. But not once as it happend. Politicans are supposed to want to make a change on the world, I just find it strange that not once has any one tried to change the statos quo.

I know they would never be allowed to but still find it strange that not once has any leader admitted that the systme is bollocks and that there gonna change it.

wonder what is really going on

And bro I thinkyou got plenty of knolwedge just out it accross the way the capitist wanted you to

The problem with your mis-guided anger is that the fact of the matter is that "corporations" may run the world....but what/who runs corporations? The answer is quite simply "people."

So, in fact, "people" run the world. Now then, your arguement will be only a select group of people ever are fortanute enough to be in power at these corporations. Again, the fact of the matter is that in America, people that get an education and continually learn whatever industry they are in, and work hard...every day...work hard, will have many opportunities come before them in which they can become successful. Now whether or not people take advantages of these opportunities is an entirely different matter.

So, what I am saying is that there are 2 types of people in the United States. Those that work hard at something and become successful and powerful (in which case the sky is the limit)...and those that will continually "want to be" successful. These "want to be" people can still be very intelligent people, but they don't try hard enough. They will give up when the going gets tough. These people will always accuse the world of being unfair becasue they don't have what others do. Typically these people vote democrat also (you all knew I had to get that in there!!). Which type of person are you?

If you don't like the way presidents have ran the country over the years...go get your law degree and get into politics. Work hard at spreading your message and find people that will support and follow you. Do everything that is needed to get you into office. Otherwise, sitting around a chat forum and complaining about it only shows that you are currently a "want to be."

Choose something in life...be very good at it...be better than everyone else...you will attain what few ever do.

peace,

ttgb
    Last edited by tryingtogetbig; 03-01-2004 at 07:54 PM.

[
    If you don't like the way presidents have ran the country over the years...go get your law degree and get into politics. Work hard at spreading your message and find people that will support and follow you. Do everything that is needed to get you into office. Otherwise, sitting around a chat forum and complaining about it only shows that you are currently a "want to be."

Are you really that nieave as to belive that the senarious you wrote above havent happend?

Do you not realise that yes ok people run the world, But obviously there are many people much more intelligent and dedicated that me who were bourne into better circumstances who received better oppertunities but still realised it was a bull**** system yet not one of them has become president or prime minister and made an actual policy change that is dramatic enought to change the world..

The reason for this not happening has to raise susspision. The people who we both spoke about would go into polotice and get to the top and those kind of people do exist so why hasnt it happend because there is obviously a system set in place to stop them!!!

what system I dont know you seen the matrix??

you belive in the devil???

who runs and controls this planet?? I do not have an answer but any one must agree that the fact that no one has got into office and made a difference is to me frightening and highlights a dark sinister system of new world order. of some kind

I find the lecture of how americans have the freedom to work hard and the skys the limit amusing. You seem quite intelligent yet lack the ability to empaphise with peoples opression or are just selfish enough to put up with it or trying to convince yourself of somthing you know isnt true to justify youre wealth and good fortune at the expense of others

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    here i thought this thread was gonna be about threesomes and bangin lotsa chicks what the hell did i just read that crap for?

Quote Originally Posted by anadrol devourer
    ... what the hell did i just read that crap for?
    For FREE!!!!!

anadrol

If that was the best statment you could muster after reading some heartfelt political debate you....you....you must really like banging chicks.

But just think if the world were more fair you might have been taught polotics got a lw degree became president and be bangin all the hoes you want in the white house right now

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tuna
    anadrol

If that was the best statment you could muster after reading some heartfelt political debate you....you....you must really like banging chicks.

But just think if the world were more fair you might have been taught polotics got a lw degree became president and be bangin all the hoes you want in the white house right now
    i chose not to care about politics since my opinion does not matter in the slightest. that said yeah i REALLY like bangin chicks

gett studying amigo remember bill clinton and that hot chick secretary...oh wait wasnt she actually the most ugly boot you seen you see thats strange to all american presidents seem to be arseholes take bill hes the most powerful and influencial man in the world (SUPPOSABLEY) AND WHO DOES HE **** MONICA IM VERY UNATRACTIVE LEWINSKY I mean come on how and why an arse hole like that gets in is one thing but if your gonna **** a secretary then get a fit one just another weird political fact why monica

Thread Information