Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Umberto is offline Junior Member

the "PASSION" discusion thread

Wow! saw it yesterday, Im blown away. Very powerful and touching.
    Any thought for/against, pro/con??
    Id love to hear

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    bump........loved it...............
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Two of my juicer friends went to see it and they said they were both crying their eyes out in the movie......they said it really changed there lives....i def wanna go see it.

Umberto is offline Junior Member
    Im a pretty big kid, and i cried like a little bit.... well you know.
    Im not gonna curse on a religous thread.
    I have known the story since childhood but IT HAS NEVER BEEN SO REAL TO ME how Christ suffered for us. How much love he had for mankind. It gives me chills thinking about it.
    I also like the music, devil and demons. Freaky stuff man.
    God overcame and rose again. I like that the showed the Resurection.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    I really think you would have to be really cold hearted not to cry..... I for one loved that movie, and I will see it again. I did cry, but not as much as I would have thought. Also I for one didnt think there was too much of something, the movie while very very graphic wasted no time nor get repetitive. I think that Gibson did a great job. Man the satan character was crazy looking!

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    I dont really wanna see it...I already know how it ends

JK, I havent seen it yet but I will get to it this week hopefully. Everyone says its real good.

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    Would have to pay me to go see it, its not that i dont like Mel's movies, its just that i have a problem with religion, i dont mind it and i support people in whatever they believe but i just dont find it interesting.

I'd don't think I'd get much out of it seeing I have more of a agnostic view on things.

TheGame826 is offline Member
    i was on a date. a horrible date. i didnt cry but it was extemely powerful. my date was balling her eyes out for half the movie. she said she never cried before. anyways it made me wanna goto church.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philliagorillia
    Would have to pay me to go see it, its not that i dont like Mel's movies, its just that i have a problem with religion, i dont mind it and i support people in whatever they believe but i just dont find it interesting.
    Somehow i knew that this would come up in this thread.

Dude.. where do you live.. i'll send you the money to see it..........

It is a pictorial featuring the events as told in the new testament, of the life and times of Jesus.. This is over simplifing the events, but you see what i mean..

Thats all...

Quote Originally Posted by Philliagorillia

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

Sad movie; inspiring and most likely will change how I act and think from here on out.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member

Very Good

Very good movie- just saw it this afternoon..left me speechless, it covers the last day and a half of the life of Christ..and His resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    Dude.. where do you live.. i'll send you the money to see it..........

It is a pictorial featuring the events as told in the new testament, of the life and times of Jesus.. This is over simplifing the events, but you see what i mean..

Thats all...

I still laugh at the jewish rabbi's and their leaders who tried to get this movie banned. Reason? Because they'd belive there would be more anti-semitism. Sorry to say, no matter what period in time the jews will always be scapegoats.

From the days of Pharoahs who made jews build pyramids, to the days of Christ and their treatment from the romans, to the holocause and hitler.

I just hope no idiots go out and spray swastikas or burn a synagogue. Doing so will give reason to prove the jewish rabbi's and leaders they were right.

Anyways, good movie but it's something I wouldn't want to watch again due to the extreme ammount of violence. (This movie is pretty far up on the violence, blood and gore ranks.)

Agree............ Reality is always more than we want to believe... Humans are capable of so much violence, and anger...

Life changing... yes....

Quote Originally Posted by The Fallen Angel
    I still laugh at the jewish rabbi's and their leaders who tried to get this movie banned. Reason? Because they'd belive there would be more anti-semitism. Sorry to say, no matter what period in time the jews will always be scapegoats.

From the days of Pharoahs who made jews build pyramids, to the days of Christ and their treatment from the romans, to the holocause and hitler.

I just hope no idiots go out and spray swastikas or burn a synagogue. Doing so will give reason to prove the jewish rabbi's and leaders they were right.

Anyways, good movie but it's something I wouldn't want to watch again due to the extreme ammount of violence. (This movie is pretty far up on the violence, blood and gore ranks.)

Rules

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    i have serious problems with organized religion... but as a film, the passion was great.

i spent over 14 years in catholic schools, and to be honest, i'm at the point where i feel a degree of pity for people who put their entire mental well-being in the (hands) of any specific religion.

not to say that christianity or any other belief system is inherently wrong... i live by the golden rule. i am just angered by the historical inaccuracies and outright lies that are peddled to the masses in the name of Catholicism. the atrocities committed by the vatican are unforgiveable...

i'm sorry if this offends anyone... i'd be glad to offer a more in-depth explaination to anyone who feels i am speaking in error.

but back to the point, the passion was a great movie, not too many plot twists - but overall, i think mel gibson did a tremendous service to what he believes in.

check out The Last Temptation of Christ---- greattttt movie.

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    Agree............ Reality is always more than we want to believe... Humans are capable of so much violence, and anger...

Life changing... yes....
    I find it odd, that someone as myself who likes movies like: Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Original), 28 Days, Clockwork Orange, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween etc, to have a problem watching this movie.

I have watched the most bloody movies and have no problem watching, infact I laughed through a few considering all the girls squeeming or screaming. This movie though, since it wasn't just a movie, it was based on something that really happened..........it made me feel uncomfortable to watch. I'm not highly religious but this movie will change people. It has changed me and I hope everyone at least attempts to see it.

Spywizard, you are correct. Things like what happened in the passion, happen every day (Not to the level of crucifiction) but toture, starvation, beatings, mutilations. This movie has got to me, I hope others will see it and reflect on their lives.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by monstercojones
    ......i'm sorry if this offends anyone... i'd be glad to offer a more in-depth explaination to anyone who feels i am speaking in error.

I am not calling you out at all, nor do I challange you. I want to know your thoughts bro, so do tell

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    it is supposed to make its way to Italy soon..being a Catholic strong hold, I am shure it will do well here, and be available in many theaters once it arrive..however, at this point, every jew in Europe is spouting antisemitism..holocaust..everyone hates us routine...If there is any backlask, hard feelings...So what! That is what you get when race/religion/society are implicated murder the messiah!
    I belive if the Jew Anti-Defamation league would have keep their mouths shut..its flick would not have recieved half the attention that it has...By raising hell, and trying to play the victim, they might put these ideas into the heads of the morons that are so incorrigable!

hybridbmw is offline New Member
    I saw the movie tonight and i really wasnt sure what to expect. I had talked to one of my close friends who is VERY religious and she said that the movie will change me. Well she was right.

I had no idea that the movie would be ANYTHING like this. I'm not squeemish at all. But i could barely stand to watch many of the scenes in this film. Just knowing that we as humans are capable of such torture and punishment is really disturbing.

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    I haven't seen the movie, but I will now after reading all your reviews. I'm not big into religion myself, but one of the AR bro's has opened my eyes recently, so i'll definetely go and see it.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    "religion is a crutch for weak minded people"
    ~Bill Maher

i went to catholic school myself for 13 years, and the one thing i learned about God is that God doesn't give a crap what religion you are

hey scott..... agree 100%.........

You will love the movie................. It is true the "the church" has ruined alot of people.... The movie is as i stated before... a pictural representation of Jesus, and the sacrifice that he made as told from the gospils........

Do go...........

Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    "religion is a crutch for weak minded people"
    ~Bill Maher

i went to catholic school myself for 13 years, and the one thing i learned about God is that God doesn't give a crap what religion you are

Rules

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i'm planning to go see it as soon as it starts dying down in populartiy, i hate going to the movies in an over crowded theater

FmRommel is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    it is supposed to make its way to Italy soon..being a Catholic strong hold, I am shure it will do well here, and be available in many theaters once it arrive..however, at this point, every jew in Europe is spouting antisemitism..holocaust..everyone hates us routine...If there is any backlask, hard feelings...So what! That is what you get when race/religion/society are implicated murder the messiah!
    I belive if the Jew Anti-Defamation league would have keep their mouths shut..its flick would not have recieved half the attention that it has...By raising hell, and trying to play the victim, they might put these ideas into the heads of the morons that are so incorrigable!

Totally agree.....the funny thing is when Schindler's List was released or any other Holocaust movie for that matter, nobody seemed worried that there would be a backlash against the germans. And in fact almost every single movie about WW2 these days depict them as evil, destructive, and murderous.
    The ADL is part of the reason America is rotting at the rate it is today. These people cry "racist" at every turn and shape American media based on it. Thank God Mel Gibson had the money to finance and make this movie himself, otherwise it would never have been. I have heard reports that he has been threatened at his home, and I know for a fact that the Jews in Hollywood are already saying that he'll have trouble finding work after this movie....Bullshi t.

FM

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Can't wait to see it. I to am no fan of organized religion "the money machine". I am Christian but I can't stand seeing people herd into a church, give 10% pretax of their income so the preacher's children can go to a better college than their own kids. What is it with standing there and preaching to people who already believe? A waste of time. It's all about money. Anyway, I hope to like the movie and I don't think anyone who is truly a believer would have anything but love for the jewish people. We shouldn't be judging any groups by the acts of a few people. Love thy neighboor.

Oh and Schindler's list finally comes out on DVD in about a week. That is a very powerful movie as well.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    And what do you think the Vatican and other christian religious bodies would say if the same type of movie was made about the Christian crusades?.

I haven't seen the movie to be honest but I'm looking forward to it. I'll be able to discuss it better than, I hate jumping on the band wagon and spouting what I've read issued by Jewish groups and Judaism internet communities I use.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't like violent flicks, period. I reserve blood and violence for my rants against Republican politicians. lol . . .

Don't know why seeing the movie would be any better than reading the book. The movie used caucasion actors, when actually the real Jesus would have looked a whole lot more like Saddam Hussain than they guy in the film. Plus the director ensured there was a whole lot more drama put in the film than there would have been in real life. I suppose it's all calculated to appeal to jaded caucasian movie audiences, but nevertheless, the most accurate stories of the death and resurrection of Jesus (and in the four Gospels, there are five different versions; Mel Gibson picked the version he liked the best) are in the Book itself.
    It's all fiction, anyway. Sad to see so many people that confuse it with reality.
    --Tock

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I want to see this movie some kind of bad however I went by the movie house on Saturday to see if I could get a ticket........Every show was sold out! It was three in the afternoon and the lady said all the shows were sold out......too wild. Sunday I called to see if I could by them on line....again the same thing...all shows sold out. I guess I'll have to wait a couple of weeks and see if I can get in.

Everyone has been talking about the violence in the movie and about how hard it is to watch......my own Pastor stated he had shut his eyes on a few scenes as well. To read about Jesus' last days in the three books it's hard to understand or picture in your minds eye what he went through however to see it for how it "might" have been paints a whole different picture than we could ever imagine. I'm over joyed he did what he did for me....and I'm ashamed that I could NEVER return the favor by doing likewise if I were in his shoes.

For you bros in the states their running some programs on PBS concerning Jesus.......pretty intertesting for sure.

daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    i'm planning to go see it as soon as it starts dying down in populartiy, i hate going to the movies in an over crowded theater
    ditto.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    I know where you stand and usualy just play it off.This time I will not.
    Your last statement was wrong and bothered me a bit.
    This is the exact kind of statement you gays would take offense to.
    I believe in Christ and his death, I do not need you to feel sorry for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    I don't like violent flicks, period. I reserve blood and violence for my rants against Republican politicians. lol . . .

Don't know why seeing the movie would be any better than reading the book. The movie used caucasion actors, when actually the real Jesus would have looked a whole lot more like Saddam Hussain than they guy in the film. Plus the director ensured there was a whole lot more drama put in the film than there would have been in real life. I suppose it's all calculated to appeal to jaded caucasian movie audiences, but nevertheless, the most accurate stories of the death and resurrection of Jesus (and in the four Gospels, there are five different versions; Mel Gibson picked the version he liked the best) are in the Book itself.
    It's all fiction, anyway. Sad to see so many people that confuse it with reality.
    --Tock

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Thought is was just what Christians needed to see, it woke me up. Do not go see this during PCT,lol. It is violent but then again I am not into sugercoating things. It has motivated me to live my life better. If you don't believe Jesus died for the sins of all you won't get much out of it. Peace to all.

Quote Originally Posted by mart651
    I know where you stand and usualy just play it off.This time I will not.
    Your last statement was wrong and bothered me a bit.
    This is the exact kind of statement you gays would take offense to.
    I believe in Christ and his death, I do not need you to feel sorry for me.

Sorry if you're offended. But there's plenty of reason to suppose that the Bible is just religious fiction. There are jillions of Jewish, Muslim, Buddist, and other theologians smarter than either of us who can offer persuasive reasons. I've read what I've read and come to my own conclusions. You are free to disagree, however, and beleive what you will. Won't bother me in the least.
    --Tock

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Tock, fiction well thats your belief, you can quote history book after history books, experts in Darwinism and how the universe was created by the big bang theory and so on. Yes Gibson portrayed his version, right out the bible. The movie had actors from all backgrounds, Pilate is a Russian actor, Bellucci is Italian, and Mary was played by a Jewish woman. Drama, hmmmmmmmm as far as the bible I read it's pretty darn accurate. We are all entitled to our own opinions and thats what makes this site great. IMO, all will have to deal with their maker in the end. Peace

--Tock

Spoken like a true liberal.

A smart enough salesman can convince people of what they wish, like a lawyer can convince abunch of people that someone is not guilty when they are(OJ Simpson).
    People only look for things that back up there beliefs not things that prove them wrong.
    I will just agree to disagree on this because I don't want this thread to go this way.

Sorry if you're offended. But there's plenty of reason to suppose that the Bible is just religious fiction. There are jillions of Jewish, Muslim, Buddist, and other theologians smarter than either of us who can offer persuasive reasons. I've read what I've read and come to my own conclusions. You are free to disagree, however, and beleive what you will. Won't bother me in the least.
    --Tock

yeah seriously this thread is about the movie save the religious argument for another day cuz i dont wanna hear it. Every thread somehow has to get jacked....just leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    IMO, all will have to deal with their maker in the end. Peace
    . . . or not . . .

One characteristic of the Christian religion is the "Turn or Burn" threat levied againt non-beleivers. It's an attempt to use Fear against naive folks who don't know any better. It's a tactic endorsed by church leaders because it scares plenty into becoming tithe-paying customers. Cruel tactic, but effective.
    But, it won't work against me. I know better.
    --Tock

I have not seen the movie yet but I am planning to.

My church is preaching a month long sermon on it. So I should get a lot of insight before seeing it.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Just for grins; Of those that have seen the movie........do you think it'll draw in awards such as grammy's, emmy's and Oscars like anything LOTR did?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information