nj123 is offline Member

pain pills hard on the liver?

are pain killers hard on the liver? lorcets,vicodin,lortabs, etc. If they are, how bad?

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Most contain acetaminophin (sp) and that can cause major ,iver damage. When we see Tylenol ODs the big worry nis permanent liver damage. Most peolpe survive the OD only to end up needining a new liver in 5 years or so. It's like any other med. Moderation.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    It depends how much to take. If your taking 15 lortabs ed, then yes you have something to worry about. if your sticking to the dose prescribed by your doc, you should be fine. If your taking that many lortabs ed then you have bigger things to worry about than your liver. IE your heart, and the fact that taking too many narcs can through you into repriratory failure.
    Just stick to a max of like 10/650 3-4 times ed. I think that is the max dose you can take of lortab.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    If you were taking alto then you might have something to worry about, but if you take them here n there it shouldnt be a problem. Taking excess pain killers is also really hard on the kidneys.

decadbal is offline Banned
    two words for ya. TOM PRINCE

nj123 is offline Member
    also i have heard that they hurt gains in the gym. is that true? and who is tom prince, decadbal

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    If your worried about using them while using 17AA steroids my suggestion to you is to be honest with your pharmacist regarding AAS use and seek their advice.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    two words for ya. TOM PRINCE
    Exactly, I was gonna go into that but didnt want to explain his whole kidney failure (due to excess pain killers) story.

nj123 is offline Member
    i got one more question, i saw this in a few other post but they were all about antibiotics and steroids being OK to take together. But my question is do antibiotics hinder gains from just hard work in the gym? I have read that it hurts protein synthesis or somethin? I am taking ampicilin for acne right now and i dont wanna take it if it hurts my gains.

KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    they slow down digestion in the intestines....promote constipation and lower BP and respitory rate. The tylenol is the ****ty part... look for nor co(only has 325mg) and never take any anti inflammatories if you dont need to on cycle. they are all horrible for your gi and liver. Even the cox-2 selective ones like vioxx and celebrex. If you just want the hydrocodone or oxycodone ask for hycodan or oxycontin.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Very harsh, especially when abused...

Ben Lifton is offline Associate Member
    ...depends on amount used. Like Markas214 said the acetamin. is the limiting factor on ripping up your insides. Thats way there becomes a progression to non-first pass items..aka: injectables. It happens ALL THE TIME.

My suggestion: Vicoprofen 7.5mg/200mg (less acetamin.) and/or tramadol (great med by the way...)

Hope this helps!

Thread Information