Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone

Going car shopping..Need advice

I'm heading out to look at some cars. I was going to keep my caddy until the new bodystyle for the deville came out in 06 but I just got a sneak peek at what they will be and they are UGLY!

Mainly looking at BMW and Benzes. Looking in the 1-2 year old range and want the most bang for my buck in a large sedan. I need to keep payments under 850/mo and I won't be putting any money down.

What do you guys recommend?

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    if your lookin for one of those "pimp my ride: cars... my friend is trying to sell his 02 or 03 merc 740 for around 25-30 g's....

Veretta21 is offline Junior Member
    Fcuk Benzes--stick with the BMWs---get a M5

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    dude, I am currently looking into the new BMW's myself... I love the new body style, it looks killer... but for class and style, the M series is always up there... I might consider the 330ci.. I have wanted this car for a while!

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    I'm heading out to look at some cars. I was going to keep my caddy until the new bodystyle for the deville came out in 06 but I just got a sneak peek at what they will be and they are UGLY!

Mainly looking at BMW and Benzes. Looking in the 1-2 year old range and want the most bang for my buck in a large sedan. I need to keep payments under 850/mo and I won't be putting any money down.

What do you guys recommend?

PM me when you find what your looking for and I can help you out with values, numbers, etc...... I'm a Finance Mgr for a car dealership.....You do not want to tell someone what payment you want unless you just want to pay more $

Gayne--my sister just looked at the 330i's and fell in love with them---she brought the book home that comes with them---I was looking at it and they are sick---she was gonna lease one---3g's down and $369 a month

Quote Originally Posted by Veretta21
    Gayne--my sister just looked at the 330i's and fell in love with them---she brought the book home that comes with them---I was looking at it and they are sick---she was gonna lease one---3g's down and $369 a month
    that's a decent price too... I took and M3 for a spin last week... it was an 03, but compared to the new 330's I am in a bit of a bind.... I'm getting a car when I get down to Miami in a month or so, so I have some time to figure shit out.

hers was a 2006 btw too

Jester is offline New Member
    Benz ranks low on reliablity... lower than Jeep. I got a friend who is a service manager with Benz and says they have tons of electrical/computer problems.
    BMW 330ci is real nice. Have you looked at the new Audi models... the A6 is very sharp.

$850 a month, huh? I would get a BMW 330ci and then drop the balance of the monthly payment on a good used Ducati 746 or 998...

chest6 is offline Banned
    i drove an Infiniti G35 awhile ago....fun as hell to drive but it was hard for me to fit in

Quote Originally Posted by Veretta21

Good Point A lease is the way to go If your gonna get a new car every 3-4 years (no Depriciation= no Negative Equity)

chest6 is offline Banned
    yup depends on what ur goin for..my fam leases

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I dont like the 06 3 series, I think 05 was better. That is speaking strictly from the exterior aesthetics, and not performance. I think if you want a larger style sedan you should go with a 5 series. I think it honestly is the best bang for your buck. Very very smooth ride and even the 3 litre engine version isnt bad.

-Bino

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    i drove an Infiniti G35 awhile ago....fun as hell to drive but it was hard for me to fit in
    The G35 Coupe is by far the best entry level luxury sport coupe, I think. But an $850/month payment? Maybe you're not going for entry level...

To the people suggesting the 330i. I am actually offended that BMW is charging over $35k for a car that is so pitifully slow. I mean, what the h-ll, Beamers are suppose to be sporty, thats what they are known for. Do some engineering or something, BMW. Ultimate driving machine MY A$$.

The G35 Coupe AND the new Lexus is300 both have around 300 hp. BMW better get with the program or Infiniti will continue b-tch slapping them and ste****g their 3 series market.

Thats just my opinion on the matter...

icedudez is offline Member
    get a bmw m3!!!!!!!!!! only 1 choice !!

I just got back and let me tell you guys, I got a major ****ing wake up call! The only large BMW is the 745 and 750 but I have to get a 2002 W/50k+ miles to be in range of the payment I want and even then I have to go around 900/mo. I'm getting rid of an 02 and sure don't want a 4 year old car for that $$. The 5 series were too small and they kept trying to push it.Maybe looking at dealer certified used cars is not the angle I need but I like the false sense of security it gives when compared to a street bought one.

With my new job I drive clients around all day so a lease is out of the question.I guess tomorrow I'll go look at the benzes since BMW is out of my range for now. I'm hopihg maybe an S430 but I may get another wake up call tomorrow.

Keep the suggestions coming bro's!

Quote Originally Posted by CRUISECONTROL
    PM me when you find what your looking for and I can help you out with values, numbers, etc...... I'm a Finance Mgr for a car dealership.....You do not want to tell someone what payment you want unless you just want to pay more $
    Thanks Bro, I'll take you up on that! and now I know to keep my trap shut about payments for tomorrow.Thx for the heads up and help.

forget the benzes look towards something else then I have two relatives with benzes and they are problems and one of the major problems is what Jester said:
    "Benz ranks low on reliablity... lower than Jeep. I got a friend who is a service manager with Benz and says they have tons of electrical/computer problems"

mfenske is offline Member
    Have you considered a Lexus LS430? Their reliability is top notch and they start at $48K new. Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    Have you considered a Lexus LS430? Their reliability is top notch and they start at $48K new. Mark
    They are quality cars but the body style does nothing for me. I might have to sit back and gather more options. I wasn't expecting these prices for used cars.

palumbo is offline Member
    what about crhrysler 300c srt8 now thats pimpin with some money to spare

tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    check out my car lot www.royalcarcenter.com its in philly, with great deals
    well its not mine, my uncles but im a salesperson there

tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    btw click on inventory check out the s430 you were talking about, its beautiful runs brand new

Quote Originally Posted by tiger909
    btw click on inventory check out the s430 you were talking about, its beautiful runs brand new
    Now those 430's are right up my alley in style and price. I might even be able to swing into an 03. Let me see what I can find local today but I may hit you up and take a road trip if I can save some $$. Thx Tiger!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Going car shopping..Need advice-5337.jpg  

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    If I were going to buy a BMW, I would want a new 6 series but that's way out of your payment range. For that price, I would personally go for an Infiniti G35...plus you could get a brand new one.

Crazylegs is offline Banned
    Benz is more money than BMW and they are not any bigger. I would look into the infinity. They have a great sedan with some awsome Horse power. Not sound like an ass but shit can that American Iron your driving. I looked at Cadillacs and the first thing I saw was over spray orange peel on almost all the cars on the line. The trade in value is terrible and its an "old money" car..JMo Good luck

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Like this...or you could buy a sedan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Going car shopping..Need advice-g351.jpg   Going car shopping..Need advice-g352.jpg   Going car shopping..Need advice-g353.jpg   Going car shopping..Need advice-g354.jpg   Going car shopping..Need advice-g355.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Crazylegs
    Benz is more money than BMW and they are not any bigger. I would look into the infinity. They have a great sedan with some awsome Horse power. Not sound like an ass but shit can that American Iron your driving. I looked at Cadillacs and the first thing I saw was over spray orange peel on almost all the cars on the line. The trade in value is terrible and its an "old money" car..JMo Good luck
    You are not kidding about the caddy resale value.The original sticker on the DTS I've got is 55k back in 02. They offered me 17k on a trade yesterday. Luckily I only owe 14k on it. I think I'll try to sell it to a private party first. Today I'm hitting the lots and not even mentioning a trade.

One thing in the caddy's defense, it's never let me down and the style of the car gets me lots of attention from the over 30 ladies But it's 4 years old, getting up in miles and I smell repair bills around the corner.

I added a pic of an 05 DTS, same exact thing as my02 except it has blinkers in the mirror. The body style changes in 06 and looks too much like a large CTS which is crap in my book.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Going car shopping..Need advice-photoext1_med.jpg  
    Last edited by Benches505; 07-28-2005 at 07:18 AM.

Crazylegs is offline Banned
    This is the car I am talking about

http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,,c...-12001,00.html

Nice automobile the resale and the quality is there and the reliability rating is very high. Its about 60k so thats in your 850 range

Quote Originally Posted by Crazylegs
    This is the car I am talking about

http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,,c...-12001,00.html

Nice automobile the resale and the quality is there and the reliability rating is very high. Its about 60k so thats in your 850 range
    Damn, that is a nice looking ride! I'm out of here to hit the lots before it gets too hot. I'll stop by the Infiniti dealer and test drive it. I'm about a week or two out from actually buying so it can't hurt. Thx Crazylegs

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    Damn, that is a nice looking ride! I'm out of here to hit the lots before it gets too hot. I'll stop by the Infiniti dealer and test drive it. I'm about a week or two out from actually buying so it can't hurt. Thx Crazylegs
    I owned that exact ride co2boi with navagation...its a great car for the money and the brakes were ...well, life saving.

I just saw close up the new M45 or whatever model it is number wise ... That fukin car is SOOOO NICE, the interior finish is absolutely stunning. I was so impressed with it, Im may go have a look meself! And I love the cognac leather, its stunning on the dark grey mettalic and chrome/brushed aluminum rims...lets alone 20's dumped on the ground!! FUKIN SICK

ever consider an SUV? I would, the lincoln navigators are damn nice, the fit and finish of those fukkers is pretty damn nice.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    I suggest the new Lexus GS. My last 2 cars have been lexus, and I don't see myself getting anything else. The ride is extremely quiet, comfortable and the engine has tons of zip.

I test drove the G35, it is barely a luxury car, it is very loud, and not that smooth.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Merc has tons of reliability issues?

You people and your "friends, relatives, etc." that have had problems with their Merc's are in a minority. A car is a machine, and machines have a substantial amount of moving parts that are all prone to break. In any given year, manufacturers might have some quality control issues, but Daimler is more stringent than BMW when it comes to letting a car out the door. BMW pushes overpriced cars to stupid consumers who are enthralled with the blue and white checkered logo.

Mercedes has one of the longest, most prestigious histories in automobiles, and with good reason. I don't care how nice you think BMW is, Merc blows it away with performance AND style. No manufacturer is perfect, but Merc is fair to its customers and shouldn't be blasphemed with an "unreliable" tag.

For those of you that don't know anything about the AMG line of Mercs', google it for a jaw-dropping experience, especially if you think the M5 is top of the line.

Have you seen the Nissan Altima SER, Its a bad mofo 0-60 4.9 sec 4D sedan 18" wheels, leather, sport suspension, etc

I just bought a Silver one

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUISECONTROL
    Have you seen the Nissan Altima SER, Its a bad mofo 0-60 4.9 sec
    Sorry to burst your bubble...
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=105365
    But 0-60 in 4.9 secs for a FWD, 260 hp, 250 ft-lb torque, 3,335 lbs car is kind of ridiculous...=) The edmunds review lists it having a 0-60 in 6.6 seconds....which is a TON slower than 4.9. Hell, 4.9 beats the crap out of their own 350Z and my new Mustang GT (300 hp, 320 ft-lb torque).

Get A Ferrari!!!!

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Gayne
    Get A Ferrari!!!!

no, no, no ... A ZONDA!

http://images.google.ca/images?svnum...da&btnG=Search

These are not stories of Mercedes---my grandfather was recently driving home on a major highway in a 2003 maybe 2004 mercedes and his car broke down for no reason---this is just one story that happened to occur a week ago--there are others---lots of people I know with mercedes say that they have a lot problems---mercedes offers no warranty if any problems occur on the car---they offer no roadside assistance--etc. BMW does however--it is the ultimate driving machine ---just playin I personally would pick a BMW over Mercedes any day--just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Veretta21; 07-28-2005 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    ouuuuuuuuuuuuu... it's like "honda" but with a zing!!! nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by clockworks
    Sorry to burst your bubble...
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=105365
    But 0-60 in 4.9 secs for a FWD, 260 hp, 250 ft-lb torque, 3,335 lbs car is kind of ridiculous...=) The edmunds review lists it having a 0-60 in 6.6 seconds....which is a TON slower than 4.9. Hell, 4.9 beats the crap out of their own 350Z and my new Mustang GT (300 hp, 320 ft-lb torque).

My bad bro it's 5.9 sec with the 6 speed and 6.6 with the automatic from what I have read, I have the automatic and have not had it at the track so dont know for sure

Thank you for the correction I wasn't paying close enough attention (at work)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information