Thread: bouncer....

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member

Lightbulb bouncer....

why was my thread closed? that answer proves nothing and is very flawed...

first off... the registration process of this board does not even ask the member to register his or her age, it is optional

second of all, there is no way to tell how many of the 15000 or so members are actually underage if they don't register their date of births upon registration

lastly, the parents of these kids (i'm sure there has to be at least one person lying about their age on here) can still sue the board if they wanted

conclusion: banning the known underage kids is not going to get rid of the law suit problem

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    A law suite would have more weight behind it if they were "knowingly" allowing under aged persons on the board.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    do you need a kleenex?

Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    A law suite would have more weight behind it if they were "knowingly" allowing under aged persons on the board.
    i agree that underage kids should be banned, that's not in question

but what im trying to bring attention to is that there most likely are other underage kids on here that registered a fake DOB or no DOB at all, and THAT is still a major liability for the board

BDTR is offline Retired
    and theres nothing we can do about it. We can only ban them when we know they're underage. We can't very well ID them at the door can we?

Quote Originally Posted by withoutd0ubt
    i agree that underage kids should be banned, that's not in question

but what im trying to bring attention to is that there most likely are other underage kids on here that registered a fake DOB or no DOB at all, and THAT is still a major liability for the board

i'm saying there should at least be a waiver that has to be signed by all existing and future members that says they are over 18 to take the liability off the board....

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    As OJ said in another thread on the same subject. When you own the board, you can tell us what to do. Untill then the present situation stands, now I suggest you drop it.

i'm not trying to tell anybody how to do anything, and i even said that i agree with the present situation..... i was only trying to make the board less liable and i get a response like that?

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Ok I take your point, and I didn't mean to sound like a smart ass with you. But the situation whereby a valued member like 'Frost' had to be banned doesn't make any of the Mods here feel good. But the situation was forced on us by Hoss and his big mouth and one other idiot. Its something which has come up for discussion with the Mods and admin for along time now, this week we found the situation forced upon us and had to act in the good name of the board, all its members and admin staff. We don't want this beaten to death, and had hoped to get the support of the members without too many questions, while at the same time not seeming like we were a bunch of dictators who couldn't be questioned.

thank you for that response and i hope that the mods,admin, etc find the rest of the underage kids to make the board less liable

BDTR is offline Retired
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    Ok I take your point, and I didn't mean to sound like a smart ass with you. But the situation whereby a valued member like 'Frost' had to be banned doesn't make any of the Mods here feel good. But the situation was forced on us by Hoss and his big mouth and one other idiot. Its something which has come up for discussion with the Mods and admin for along time now, this week we found the situation forced upon us and had to act in the good name of the board, all its members and admin staff. We don't want this beaten to death, and had hoped to get the support of the members without too many questions, while at the same time not seeming like we were a bunch of dictators who couldn't be questioned.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by withoutd0ubt
    Actually no..there cannot be Negligence assignment, if set board policies dictate that members be of legal age..and have taken measures to enforce this policy.

Thread Information