Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Can someone help me with this muscle problem?

I have been having an upper back/neck/eye problem of late and I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

I did shoulders a few days ago and I now have a crazy eye pain! It feels like it starts in my upper back (in between the shoulder balde and the spine)...runs up my neck...up the back of my head...and into my right eye. It feels like someone is digging a fork into the back of my eye. I guess it would be classified as a migraine.

I have taken muscle relaxers, Tylenol 3's, etc...but nothing is helping. My friend suggested a chiropractor...but I'm leary of them. My friend tried massaging it out...no help. I'm getting nauseous from it now.

Is my back out of alignment? Why does this happen? How can I get rid of it?

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a professional, but it sounds like you inflamed a nerve. If you can see a sports-medicine doctor.

M PWR is offline Junior Member
    i had the same sort of thing the other week, a chiropractor fixed me up
    I'd definatley go see one.

-Sean

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Sounds like you hurt your rhomboid. I've had a recurring rhomboid injury with the same symptoms, but not as back as yours. Go get it seen to by the doc, don't take our word on it. Either way, right now you should be resting it, and threating it with ice and heat to get the blood flowing in the muscle. If you feel the need to stretch it DON'T, whatever scar tissue which may be forming there (if its a tare) wil be pulled off and the injury made worse. Get to the doc's.

It has happened before. It always seems to act up after a shoulder workout. Usually a few days of muscle relaxers and I'm back in the game. This one is taking forever!

I don't think I have torn any muscles...at least I hope not. I'm going to go to the Dr first thing Monday morning. I was just going to go to a chriropractor...but I may now go and see my GP first.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Shooting pains like that are usually the result of nerve trauma. BTW Bouncer if you show me how your rhomboid attaches to your eyeball, I'll give you my first born.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Shooting pains like that are usually the result of nerve trauma. BTW Bouncer if you show me how your rhomboid attaches to your eyeball, I'll give you my first born.
    And I suppose he was doing 'eye lid flyes' as part of his shoulder workout too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer AKA bouncer
    And I suppose he was doing 'eye lid flyes' as part of his shoulder workout too.

ttuPrincess Guest
    ice for 20 mins
    heat for 20 mins
    Ice for 20 mins

Always start with ice and end with ice.. no more then 1 hour at a time and NO MORE than 4 times a day!!!!!!

EDIT- dont do the whole ice/heat cycle more then 1 hour at a time and no more then 4 times a day
    Last edited by ttuPrincess; 03-07-2004 at 02:55 PM.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    stop jerking off so much.. didn't they tell u in school it will make u go blind!

Quote Originally Posted by Full Intensity
    stop jerking off so much.. didn't they tell u in school it will make u go blind!
    No. I had to learn **** like...

"Investing in a labour sponsored investment fund through your RRSP will give you a 15% tax credit in Ontario, in addition to the RRSP deduction."

Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    ice for 20 mins
    heat for 20 mins
    Ice for 20 mins

Always start with ice and end with ice.. no more then 1 hour at a time and NO MORE than 4 times a day!!!!!!

EDIT- dont do the whole ice/heat cycle more then 1 hour at a time and no more then 4 times a day
    Thanks sweetie!

Thread Information