realer is offline Associate Member

any bartenders here? i have a question for you.

My wife and i plan on opening up a strip club in the future but we know very little about running a bar at this time. most of my wifes friends are strippers so we kinda have that part figured out, or atleast will have it. so i was thinking about going to bartending school. but i dont even know how much a bartender makes like in a month, year ect. i was thinking about doing it just part time for fun, but if the pay isnt that bad i would gladly give up my current job. does anyone know?
    thanks

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

my example is gonna be a bad one , but

Quote Originally Posted by realer
    My wife and i plan on opening up a strip club in the future but we know very little about running a bar at this time. most of my wifes friends are strippers so we kinda have that part figured out, or atleast will have it. so i was thinking about going to bartending school. but i dont even know how much a bartender makes like in a month, year ect. i was thinking about doing it just part time for fun, but if the pay isnt that bad i would gladly give up my current job. does anyone know?
    thanks
    i use to bartend in NYC at a club that wasn't a high concentration of drugs club.so people actually drank. i would make between $400 and $900 a night on the nights thurs- satuday/sunday. if we weren't running our own register out of the club's register, doing ddirect deposit sales(where it's one drink for the club, two for the bartender), or anything else on the skim i would say that # would be more like $300(being that you couldn't skim when it was that slow) and $600 a night.hope that gives you some idea. from people i sspeak to who just work in liek a random bar or **** club i would say $250- $400 is a reasonable # to say if the place is slammed open til close.just my experrience w/ doping it

realer is offline Associate Member
    sounds good to me. cant wait, if anything, it sounds ****ing fun!
    Last edited by realer; 03-09-2004 at 04:20 PM.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Worked in plenty of bars...There's alot more too it then pouring drinks but here's some advice.....get cameras pointing at the registers, this will deter any of your bartenders from trying to rip you off, plus the other obvious reasons.
    I've seen so many employee's try and scam in so many different ways. Having a good bar manager that you can trust is essencial.
    PM if you have any questions I can help with.

Thread Information