Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Xavier_4446's Avatar
    Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,105

    Out of another relationship

    I am usually not the one to break up with a girl in a relationship ya know, but I had too this time. I just wasn't happy at all. This girl was great. Beautiful, Smart, funny, and a blast to be around, but as soon as my 3-year relationship ended with my last g/f it wasn't 1 month later I jumped into a relationship with her. So I told her that I needed time and she said taht she understood. Do you guys think I did the right thing. Wanting some time apart from just relationships period?

  2. #2
    abstrack's Avatar
    abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    7,513
    yep, time on= time off

    J/K .. I feel ya bro, i broke up with my girl also. She was a great girl and had a great time with her but I knew that I needed some time to myself. I have always been in a relationship and now I needed some time just to chill and get some other issues straight in my life. Being single aint all that bad.

  3. #3
    daem's Avatar
    daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,482
    most likely you will find yourself thinking of your ex of 3 years...my rule of thumb for getting serious is 1/3 the time you were together.

    if you were with her for 1 month, it will only take a couple weeks to get over it.

    if you were with her for a year, then 3 months should do the trick.

    with your 3 years though, i wouldn't suggest a full year. i think my formula only works for relationships that have ran close to year.

    feelings you accumulated from years 2-3 couldn't be that much stronger than year one, so maybe 3-6 months would suffice.

    don't let opportunities slip away since this new one seems to tickle your fancy.

    she won't wait around for you to get over the ex, so don't expect things to pick up where you left off.

    if you like her enough to want to be with her, use her support to get over your ex and maximize your benefit from breaking up earlier.

    needing your own time is necessary for self reflection, however maybe the new girl can help you with that.

    just a thought, good luck with whatever you decide.

  4. #4
    Testsubject's Avatar
    Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    shoutingatthedevil
    Posts
    2,816
    I went through the same thing a while back, and i just had to take some time off from dating alltogether. I found myself thinking about my X all the time even when i was seeing other girls and i just needed some time alone. I think you did the right thing if you feel you did the right thing bro, every brother needs a break from from the whole dating scene once in a while.

  5. #5
    allsaucedup's Avatar
    allsaucedup is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    yep, time on= time off

    J/K .. I feel ya bro, i broke up with my girl also. She was a great girl and had a great time with her but I knew that I needed some time to myself. I have always been in a relationship and now I needed some time just to chill and get some other issues straight in my life. Being single aint all that bad.
    the new avatar looks good is this the same girl that you were fighting with about telling her how you felt about her sorry to hear that bro.

    breaking up sucks no matter how it happens

  6. #6
    cb25's Avatar
    cb25 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    AZ to MA...depends on whe
    Posts
    2,781
    honestly, i'm going through the same thing right now...just broke up with a girl (was with her like 10 months) - i got with her maybe a month after my last relationship (3 years) ended...

    i just need some time off...so i think you did the right thing. If you weren't feeling it, no need to continue stringing her along. In my situation it was someone that was a good friend first, so that complicated things...but i had to be honest with her...and with myself. Seems like you're doing the same thing.

  7. #7
    Xavier_4446's Avatar
    Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,105
    deep inside I feel like I did the right thing

  8. #8
    Polska's Avatar
    Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_4446
    deep inside I feel like I did the right thing
    Well then that's all that matters...

    Personally I hate being single... maybe it's insecurity but I always feel like I need someone with me to feel whole....

    I always like to jump from one long term relationship into another......right away

  9. #9
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Polska
    Well then that's all that matters...

    Personally I hate being single... maybe it's insecurity but I always feel like I need someone with me to feel whole....

    I always like to jump from one long term relationship into another......right away
    Thats how I am. Just follow your heart Xavier. We are all here for you if you need to talk. Good luck with it bro.

  10. #10
    ironfist's Avatar
    ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In a cage near you...
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Polska

    Personally I hate being single... maybe it's insecurity but I always feel like I need someone with me to feel whole....

    I
    All I have to say is "friends with benefits"...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,216
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist
    All I have to say is "friends with benefits"...

    Greatest thing ever! Only had it twice for about 4 months total, but it was the greatest 4 months of my life!

  12. #12
    Spoon's Avatar
    Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    3,710
    Quote Originally Posted by daem
    most likely you will find yourself thinking of your ex of 3 years...my rule of thumb for getting serious is 1/3 the time you were together.

    if you were with her for 1 month, it will only take a couple weeks to get over it.

    if you were with her for a year, then 3 months should do the trick.

    with your 3 years though, i wouldn't suggest a full year. i think my formula only works for relationships that have ran close to year.

    feelings you accumulated from years 2-3 couldn't be that much stronger than year one, so maybe 3-6 months would suffice.

    don't let opportunities slip away since this new one seems to tickle your fancy.

    she won't wait around for you to get over the ex, so don't expect things to pick up where you left off.

    if you like her enough to want to be with her, use her support to get over your ex and maximize your benefit from breaking up earlier.

    needing your own time is necessary for self reflection, however maybe the new girl can help you with that.

    just a thought, good luck with whatever you decide.
    Interesting theory bro. I was with my ex for 5 years took me about 2 years to get over here. Pretty close

    Spoon

  13. #13
    juicehoe's Avatar
    juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    the gym
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by daem
    most likely you will find yourself thinking of your ex of 3 years...my rule of thumb for getting serious is 1/3 the time you were together.

    if you were with her for 1 month, it will only take a couple weeks to get over it.

    if you were with her for a year, then 3 months should do the trick.

    with your 3 years though, i wouldn't suggest a full year. i think my formula only works for relationships that have ran close to year.

    feelings you accumulated from years 2-3 couldn't be that much stronger than year one, so maybe 3-6 months would suffice.

    don't let opportunities slip away since this new one seems to tickle your fancy.

    she won't wait around for you to get over the ex, so don't expect things to pick up where you left off.

    if you like her enough to want to be with her, use her support to get over your ex and maximize your benefit from breaking up earlier.

    needing your own time is necessary for self reflection, however maybe the new girl can help you with that.

    just a thought, good luck with whatever you decide.
    yea i was with my girl for 2 years. Its been 2 months apart so far and the thought of finding someone else hasnt even crossed my mine

  14. #14
    juicehoe's Avatar
    juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    the gym
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by daem
    most likely you will find yourself thinking of your ex of 3 years...my rule of thumb for getting serious is 1/3 the time you were together.

    if you were with her for 1 month, it will only take a couple weeks to get over it.

    if you were with her for a year, then 3 months should do the trick.

    with your 3 years though, i wouldn't suggest a full year. i think my formula only works for relationships that have ran close to year.

    feelings you accumulated from years 2-3 couldn't be that much stronger than year one, so maybe 3-6 months would suffice.

    don't let opportunities slip away since this new one seems to tickle your fancy.

    she won't wait around for you to get over the ex, so don't expect things to pick up where you left off.

    if you like her enough to want to be with her, use her support to get over your ex and maximize your benefit from breaking up earlier.

    needing your own time is necessary for self reflection, however maybe the new girl can help you with that.

    just a thought, good luck with whatever you decide.
    yea i was with my girl for 2 years. Its been 2 months apart so far and the thought of finding someone else hasnt even crossed my mine

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •