Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    ttuPrincess Guest

    Obesity/Tax break

    Well I was listening to talk radio this morning and sometihng I heard got me a little fired up... I wanted to know if this pissed anyone else off...being the fitnessed crazed minority weirdos we all are here on AR...

    People who are declaired obeise by a doctor for a medical reason (ie thyroid, diabetes, ect.) are tax exempt for what they spend to lose weight.

    Piss you off???? It did me... we spend so much money on gym memberships and healthy foods, and such, but because... ahhh darn it Im mad again.. can't think. You all know what Im trying to get at. Anyone else heard of this? Or have any opinions on it???

  2. #2
    USfighterFC's Avatar
    USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6,357
    If anything....they should be taxed more for putting such a strain on health care for their fatness.....I think obesity leads to 11 billion dollars of wasted money just in health care....tax break my ass.....they're already costing me money cuz they love over indulging themselves by eating sh*t all the time and wallow in their fatness. Get off the **** couch and work out like the rest of us!!!!!!

  3. #3
    Mart651's Avatar
    Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    chatt
    Posts
    3,142
    I can see were it might stir some feelings but for the people with diabetes and thyroid problems, it's a health issue. Health care is tax deductable for everyone. If we have been told by a doctor to take certain things then it is tax deductable.

  4. #4
    USfighterFC's Avatar
    USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6,357
    Oh and yes i know people who have medical problems and work out hard to help themselves.....you should need no incentive to save your own life.

  5. #5
    ttuPrincess Guest
    Mart I understand where your point of view lies also...its is a health issue, but my father is obeise due to health related problems, but he just kept gaining weight because he was lazy and not eating healthy.

    He has lost 40 lbs now being on the "Sugar Busters" Diet and I called him up today to ask his opinions on it.... he does not agree that because of a medical problem obeise people should get reductions and breaks.

    I know it's minimal compaired to most cases, but I was put on an experimental drug for bipolar and I gained 20 lbs from it.. shouldn't i get something because my my wieght gain was caused by a medical problem???? No, I got off my lazy ass and did something about it.

    Im not making fun of, calling out or pointing fingers at anyone over weight.
    Many of my family memebrs are over weight, some of my friends are and I love them just the same as a skinny person, but I worry for them and their health and they should need no extra encentive to lose weight then the fact that they should want to be around as long as possible to be with their families.

  6. #6
    Mart651's Avatar
    Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    chatt
    Posts
    3,142
    Oh hell, I was just trying to be cute. Everyone knows I don't give two ****s about those fat lazy bastards. I just like to start a little crap here and there.

    I agree with both of you.

  7. #7
    USfighterFC's Avatar
    USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    6,357
    Quote Originally Posted by mart651
    Oh hell, I was just trying to be cute. Everyone knows I don't give two ****s about those fat lazy bastards. I just like to start a little crap here and there.

    I agree with both of you.

    LMAO I knew you'd come around

  8. #8
    ttuPrincess Guest
    Why you little ****er ass munch bastard... starting crap in my thread????? if you want crap started bring it on.. LOL im a bit fiesty today....

    I defended myself and everything.. **** you !!!!

  9. #9
    Danielle's Avatar
    Danielle is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    New Yorker
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    If anything....they should be taxed more

    of course they should, they take up more space

  10. #10
    Mart651's Avatar
    Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    chatt
    Posts
    3,142
    LMAO
    If you did not have a boyfriend and I was not married or fat or old or etc.
    I woild ask you to mary me. The best response I have ever gottten.

    Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    Why you little ****er ass munch bastard... starting crap in my thread????? if you want crap started bring it on.. LOL im a bit fiesty today....

    I defended myself and everything.. **** you !!!!

  11. #11
    ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mart651
    LMAO
    If you did not have a boyfriend and I was not married or fat or old or etc.
    I woild ask you to mary me. The best response I have ever gottten.

    Darling I am fatter.. err. flattered... and blushing .. but shuuuuu lets not let Coldstone see this.. Keep it to PM's.... J/K

    How are you today????

  12. #12
    Carlos_E's Avatar
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,817
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    People who are declaired obeise by a doctor for a medical reason (ie thyroid, diabetes, ect.) are tax exempt for what they spend to lose weight.
    I have an over active thyroid (hyperthyroid.) Which caused me to lose weight. Does that mean I can be tax exempt for what I spend to gain weight?

    Someone in the medical field let me know because I have a bulk cycle coming up. If the ansewr is no, I should sue. That's discriminating against me because I'm hyper instead of hypo.

  13. #13
    Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Wherever necessary
    Posts
    8,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I have an over active thyroid (hyperthyroid.) Which caused me to lose weight. Does that mean I can be tax exempt for what I spend to gain weight?

    Someone in the medical field let me know because I have a bulk cycle coming up. If the ansewr is no, I should sue. That's discriminating against me because I'm hyper instead of hypo.
    for once Carlos I can see some benefit of having the ACLU around, lets get them on it - but they are probably too busy trying to destroy the moral fabric of our country

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •