03-09-2004, 02:22 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- May 2002
McDonalds & Obesity research paper, PLEASE take time to post!!!
I'm writing a research paper on McDonald's and obesity. I was going to try and interview people at my gym over spring break but I ended up getting my tonsils out so I couldn't.
Can you please:
A) give me your stats: height, weight, bf%, # of years training etc.
B) tell me how often you eat McDonald's if you do, and if you DO NOT eat there, tell me why you do not.
C) If you have had problems with weight in the past, what contribution did McDonalds make in your life, and did you stop eating it in order to lose weight?
Thanks a lot guy, it will really help me out!! REDROCK
03-09-2004, 02:32 PM #2Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2003
A) 5'11....270lbs....16-17% BF
B) Never its totally disgusting.........I do not like putting that kind of trash into my body that i have worked HARD for.
C) When I was in 8th -10th grade I was fat.....I used to eat McDonalds probably twice a week then maybe more.......When I started to hit the weights hard and begun to gain focus on my Goals I decided that McDonalds wasn't the best choice for food intake, despite what most powerlifters think.
03-09-2004, 02:39 PM #3
6'1 245 14% b/f and i have 2 double cheeseburgers on some cheat days.
03-09-2004, 02:39 PM #4
A) 6ft 280 12%
B) Once a month or so, I used to eat it a lot when i was bulking but I really put on too much fat from it. Now i only eat it if im in a rush and go by a drive thru.
C) Put on too much weight bulking, when i decided to eat cleaner and dropped Mcdonalds, my fat loss excelled.
Originally Posted by redrock
03-09-2004, 02:47 PM #5
ITS GRRRREEEEAATTTT ! ! ! ! I mostly eat MICKEY D's when im cutting up. j/k lol
A.) 5'11 205 11%
B.) I dont eat there anymore,the smell is hella tempting, but, even on a cheat day I dont think its at all worth it.
C.)HELL yea I stopped eating it to lose weight, I was a little gus gus in grade school.
03-09-2004, 02:48 PM #6Originally Posted by redrock
B) i honestly ate mcdonalds 2 times last year...and i could almost name the date. I dont eat it b/c its 100% processed crap...their mc nugetts are made from a gel...and their beef is crap also.
C) Yes i had a weight problem in the past....i went from 250-260 range to about 168 at my lightest in 2 years...i did this by not cheating one bit...cut out all food, including micky d's
03-09-2004, 02:50 PM #7
5-10, 200lbs 13-15%bf, training off and on 8 yrs (serious 1-2 yrs)
i would say that i eat at McDonalds 5-10 times a year. of those times that i eat there i would say 1/2 are just for convenience (that or i am out with someone whom isnt as health conscious as i am and i give to their desire to eat there) the other times are simply from gluttony- or a “weak” moment. I could also attribute one or two of those trips as a direct result of the Mc Rib sandwich (that simpsons episode would be a good mental picture for you). But, generally I stay away from McDonald’s and most other fast food places both for health and economic reasons.
Also- when I am having one of my “weak” moments- I actually go to a McDonald’s and look around in the parking lot- spotting the first fat person I see (which never takes more than two people) and derive a sense of willpower and motivation from these people not to eat there.
Originally Posted by redrock
03-09-2004, 03:01 PM #8
I would suggest getting info elsewhere as well because most people on this board prob have completely diff. diets and lifestlyes from the average joe. For example, I hardly ever eat there, but most of my friends hit it up 4-5 times a week. Anyways...
1) 6' 190 8% bf. serious 2 yrs.
2) I only eat it after last call (open 24hrs). Bad combo, but don't eat it more than twice a month.
3) Used to eat sh.it food ALL the time. My fast food choice was Wendy's but they're all the same. I was blessed with an amazing metabolism, never been overweight.
03-09-2004, 03:49 PM #9
1. 6'5" 232 pounds. Approx. 18% bodyfat. Training 3.75 years total, 2 seriously.
2. In the past 2 years I think I have eaten there twice. One for sure was returning from our honeymoon (May 2002) it was the only restaurant that was open and accessable. It was the one that was north of Chicago O'Hare Airport on I-90. I don't eat there due to the fact that most of the food is crap from a nutritional standpoint, and to get the nutrients that I desire I'd have to order like 3 of the grilled chicken sandwiches and toss the bread. For that cash I can buy 3 lbs of chicken breasts and some veggies.
3. In April, 2000 I weighed about 287 pounds at a bodyfat percentage in the high thirties. After (slowly) implementing a exercise and diet regimen I have managed to make it to my current stats. An accomplishment I'm quite proud of. While making this journey I did eat at McDonald's periodically. Mostly while I was working in retail for a quick bite. Prior to living a healthy lifestyle it wasn't uncommon for me to inhale 20 McNuggets with sauces, a large or Supersize fry, and a Coke. Wonder why I was fat (ter)? Finally, now I really rarely desire that type of food and when I do I just remember my old man boobies and the urge disappears. Hope this helps. Mark
03-09-2004, 06:14 PM #10
1) 6'1" 210lbs, approx 13-14% bf. Training about 7 years total, probably 3 seriously...
2) I probably eat there once per month or every other month...maybe 20 times last year.
3) In junior high/high school, i was pretty overweight and ate McDonalds or Burger King at least once per day...one of the biggest factors in me losing weight initially, was cutting out fast food. All I did initially to lose weight was to cut out fast food and sodas. Pounds came flying off. I didn't watch my diet too much at first, all i did was that.
03-09-2004, 06:23 PM #11Swellin Guest
A) 5' 9" 227 lbs 14%bf training off and on for 15 years.
B) I have not eaten at McD's in over three years. Their food is garbage. Their politics are worse. I refuse to ever contribute another dime to a company that allows such horrible service. Their's is the benchmark for the worst way to treat customers and keep them coming back.
C) At one time I was aquite a puffy fat kid....I could eat 6 McD cheeseburgers at one sitting when I was 14. It is funny how a reasonable diet will eliminate this type of garbage and help the waistline at the same time. If I hit a drive-thru, it is for a grilled chicken sandwich...unless bulking...then it is a double cheeseburger..or two.
03-09-2004, 08:51 PM #12Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2003
This is why i dont eat there:
First one is a BigMac
second is a double quarterpounder with cheese
3rd is a super size fry
03-09-2004, 09:00 PM #13Originally Posted by PurePower
03-09-2004, 09:08 PM #14
A - 5'10", 222 lbs, around 15%, Training solidly 2-3 years, on and off 15 years.
B - I eat at McD's roughly twice a month (parental obligation ) and get nausea, cramps and diarhea every time.
C - I used to be a fat tub of blubber (240+ very jiggly pounds) and did eat at McDonalds, Wendy's, KFC, Burger King on a daily basis. My diet was horrible (ate TONS of pastas, chips, coke...) so I cannot blame McDonalds or even fast food alone for being fat... but it sure didn't help.
03-09-2004, 09:50 PM #15
A) 6'3" 242lbs...bodyfat could be anywhere...12% at last measure.
B) have eaten there only once or twice in the last 8 years and it's only when forced by extreme circumstances.
C) never...the only weight problem i have is i can't get heavy enough.
03-09-2004, 10:03 PM #16
a: 6'3 - 227 - bf less than 10%
b: eat there on average 4-6 times a week during bulking, during cutting maybe 3-3 times
c: nope, always been a pretty lean guy.
03-09-2004, 10:45 PM #17Originally Posted by redrock
A.) 6' 241lbs 12.9% <=== make it 13, 3 point caliper test =) 7 years RELIGOUSLY - Mostly strength training, I like being lean though..
B.) Probally once every 4-5 weeks..
C.) Yes, Problem with weight.. I am small, Mcdonalds has the best chicken nuggets..
03-09-2004, 11:42 PM #18
Here you go bro, hope it helps...
A) 6'1 ", 200 lbs., 12 % bf, 10 years of training.
B) I eat McDonalds approx. once every two months, when I am stuck in a place with no other choices. I still go with Grilled Chicken, though.
C) As as kid, I used to eat McDonalds as often as possible. During off-seasons of sports, I noticed that I would gain weight. I didn't like this feeling and decided to eliminate McDs from my diet. I guess that you could say McDs led me into changing my overall eating habits for the very first time.
03-10-2004, 09:50 AM #19Member
- Join Date
- May 2002
To the top for the AM crew. Thanks to all who have already posted!!!
03-10-2004, 09:58 AM #20
1)5'9 190 10-12% 4 years training
2) i never eat McD's i cant fit it in there with two wendy's triple biggie combo's. i eat wendy's twice a day though when bulking! McD's tastes like crap.\
3) well ive bounced from anorexic to bulemic. but fast food doesnt play a part there.
03-10-2004, 10:07 AM #21
Cool . . .
A) 5'-9" / 220 lbs / 12-15% BF / 8 yrs training
B) I eat at McDonalds maybe once or twice a year when I have to. It is always at a highway rest stop where there is nothing else around, as I am making the 11 hour drive home to see the family for the Holidays.
I would never normally eat at Mcdonalds because the food disgusts me. It is Very low in nutritional value, and is extremely greasy. It makes me feel like I just swallowed a stick of butter. I always feel somewhat sick afterward.
C) I never had a problem with my weight, per se. When I was in grade school I wore "husky" sized pants , but that was as bad as it ever got. I was never fat or very skinny. I ate at McDonalds as a kid, but who didn't? I did stop eating McDonald's (and other things) consciously in an effort to lead a more healthy lifestyle.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)