Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TOMMY-GUNN is offline Associate Member

Bertuzzi's attack on Moore

I dont know if anyone has posted a thread onthis yet. I quickly scrolled down and didnt see one so...

Did you guys see this?! I was all for a little payback for the Naslund incident, but Bertuzzi fu cked Moore up big.

Moore suffered a broken neck on the play. Bertuzzi knocked him out cold with the first punch and then ended it with one last shot to the side of Moore's head. Not a pretty sight if you saw it. i think May had already had a fight with Moore in the First.

Bertuzzi has his disciplinary meeting tomorrow morning. I see him being suspended for the rest of the regular season forsure. I wouldn't be surprised at all if hes out for the playoffs too. Also, The Vancouver police are now investigating the attack.

What do you guys think of the whole situation? I feel f ucking bad for both players. Moore is in a Gary Roberts situation- hopefully he returns even stronger after rehab, as Roberts did. Bertuzzi is way too big and strong a guy to be tossin around punches like that. I gotta feel bad for the guy, hes one of my favourite players.....so is something like this just part of the game of hockey?

an unlucky turn of events??
    The same thing could have happened to Naslund.

I just thought id see what all the hokcey fans thought.

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Fighting is part of hockey ofcourse but there is a point to draw the line... and that's one of them. Along with the ottawa/philly game last week over 50 fights or something... just rediculous IMO! I wish Moore a speedy recovery from his injury.

i have to problem with the ottawa-philly incident. thats good old time hockey. Gotta stand up for your players. the Bertuzzi incident is unfortunate. One thing is forsure IMO none of these incidents would have happened if the NHL got rid of the instigator rule.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMY-GUNN
    i have to problem with the ottawa-philly incident. thats good old time hockey. Gotta stand up for your players. the Bertuzzi incident is unfortunate. One thing is forsure IMO none of these incidents would have happened if the NHL got rid of the instigator rule.
    I agree with you in theory... but something like that could turn into a riot quite easily with all those people at the rink... mind you most where ottawa fans... but fans could have gotten involved with the players from philly... like a fan did with domi a year ago.

there's always a chance of something like that happenin. no question. whenever a fight or brawl happens in any sport there is that chance. luckily nothing like that happened. the last thing hockey needs is a repeat of the riddick bowe incident.

there's always a chance of something like that happenin. no question. whenever a fight or brawl happens in any sport there is that chance. luckily nothing like that happened. the last thing hockey needs is a repeat of the riddick bowe incident.
    agreed.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    He had it coming.

yah id agree he had some pay back coming....bertuzzi ****in popped him though. id say Moore had something coming...wouldnt say a broken neck though.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    yah id agree he had some pay back coming....bertuzzi ****in popped him though. id say Moore had something coming...wouldnt say a broken neck though.
    No thats over the top, a beating would have been enough, attacking from behind is a cowards work.

mfenske is offline Member
    I have no idea as to what you are referring, but I am curious about it. Video? Mark

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    That was a BRUTAL hit.. Cheap shot.. I was happy to see him get Suspended indefinatly !!

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Cheap shots go around and they come around. Professional hockey players get paid millions of dollars and as a part of that big paycheque they assume a risk every time they step on the ice. Too bad Moore got messed up and Bertuzzi should be suspended but its part of the game......and no one is forced to step on the ice. Fighting is not what ruins the game, its what make sthe game great.

Grant is offline Member
    anybody with a video link

I think Tony Twist said it best on Sportsnet news when he said "I wish he had of turned him around, looked him in the eye, so Moore would know it was pay back time" Because cheap shots are absolutely gutless... in sport, at a bar, anywhere at all!

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    That was nothing more than a cheap shot, EVERYONE knows that. You can see everyone in the league who know Bertuzzi F'ed up big time!

Fighting in hockey is as much a part of it as scoring a goal! TWO PEOPLE who WILLINGLY fight, that's perfectly fine, it brings a great deal to the game. However, just like everyone said so far, it was a cheap shot and not called for, and he must be punished severly.

Now, on the other hand, Vancouver has said they all feel really bad about it, and I really do believe that Bertuzzi is extremely depressed and regrets it very much. I could only imagine what is going through his head.

In terms of punishment, BECAUSE it was a cheap shot, and because it was from behind, just like the Brashear incident (yeah I know there was no stick involved, but still), he needs to be suspended AT LEAST for the rest of THIS season. That's my opinion, but I think it's important the league make sure people see stuff like this is not acceptable.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Okay...I hope Moore gets better and I don't agree with Bert's actions...but if he gets anymore than 15 games...they're making an example out of him. If Moore didn't collapse like a girl...nothing would have happened to Bert. It was just bad luck that Moore can't take a punch.

http://www.tsn.ca/audio_video/video_...asp?reel=18404

123BJ is offline Associate Member
    if u watch the clip yes it was a cheap shot but todd slipped and fell ontop of moore and his elbow/forearm landed right on the back of his neck.. i think he should be suspended for the remainder of the season but the police comming into the sistuation is bs IMO..... i wish moore the best of luck, everybody hates to see something like this happen.. im sure bertuzzi would take it back in a second if he could and all of his teamaes have said how bad and upset he was today... he has already tried to contact moore and his family.. i think the suspension would be enough for him......

zzo18 is offline Associate Member
    I agree with Terinox...fighting IS part of the game of hockey. The line gets drawn, though, when a player is attacked from behind. As a former player, I generally respect Bertuzzi's game. He is a big, physical player that plays the modern game of hockey very well. He definately crossed the line and needs to be punished. Maybe the Avs will entice big Bob Probert out of retirement to put a whoopin' on Bertuzzi...?
    Hustla, thanks for adding the link.

Bert would make a mess out of Probert. Bert is one big boy!

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Fighting is a part of the game i agree, but that was a cheap shot, blinded sided the guy and fell ontop of him MAKING SURE HIS HEAD HIT THE ICE FIRST... Thats what it looked like to me.. Granted, I don't follow hockey, i did see that on the news, and i do know there is no rules in fighting..

In my eyes that was a cowardly thing to do.. Defintley a cheap shot in my book..

I agree it was cheap shot...but they happen every game. They are going to punish Bert b/c Moore got knocked out by one punch...which caused Bert to fall on Moore (and driving his head into ice). If Moore would not have got knocked out...Bert would have got a game misconduct.

I think it will be complete BS if Bert gets more than 15 games...Van has 13 games remaining in the season.

I completely argee with geoquadzila...a cheap shot is a cheap shot...bertuzzi wasnt thinking...if it had been an actual fight it would have been a ddifferent scenerio.

joe_capone is offline Member
    let me put it this way.. this is all colorado's fault. they knew moore had it comming. dont you remember that cheap hit on naslund?? didnt you hear marc crawfords words?? hes a man who sticks by his words.. even the canuk fans called for a go**** blood bath. the stupid idiot they call a coach granto.. didnt keep moore off.. he actually didnt put that big faggot.. worell by his side to protect him.. all he did was just play moore.. and every go**** player from the canucks was challanging moore. moore is a go**** coward.. he didnt want to fight anyone untill matt cooke.. a small player challanged him.. then he goes for it.. shows what kind of pussy he is. that wasnt enough. moore didnt even turn around to todd bertuzzi what a go**** shame!!

i dont understand why the **** everyone is comparing this to the marty mcsorly incident. its no were near that..and wont ever be.. COMPARE THIS TO DOMI'S HIT ON SCOTT NEDERMYER OF NEW JERSY DEVILS COUPLE OF YEARS AGO IN THE PLAY OFFS. now tahts what its related too.

as an ex hockey player myself.. i totaly understand how todd bertuzzi felt that day and i know he didnt mean to kill that guy. moore couldnt handle the punch. overall i think he did deserve it.. and yes i believe tuzzi should be handed out a susupension.. for only 15 games. fighting is part of hockey and will always be. its a man's sport. u dont go injuring some1 elses captian and come back expecting peace and love.

once again.. its colorados fault.. ****ty coaching.. they actualy wanted their player killed. so they got what they wanted. moore with a fractured face.. neck.. laying in the hospital motionless. they should have thought.. or at least put worell in his line up to protect him.

Quote Originally Posted by joe_capone
    let me put it this way.. this is all colorado's fault. they knew moore had it comming. dont you remember that cheap hit on naslund?? didnt you hear marc crawfords words?? hes a man who sticks by his words.. even the canuk fans called for a go**** blood bath. the stupid idiot they call a coach granto.. didnt keep moore off.. he actually didnt put that big faggot.. worell by his side to protect him.. all he did was just play moore.. and every go**** player from the canucks was challanging moore. moore is a go**** coward.. he didnt want to fight anyone untill matt cooke.. a small player challanged him.. then he goes for it.. shows what kind of pussy he is. that wasnt enough. moore didnt even turn around to todd bertuzzi what a go**** shame!!
    Exactly. Fagboy Moore pulled a cheap shot several weeks ago and was long overdue for payback. He knew what was coming to him and chose to decline his 'judgement day' by not fighting anyone who challenged him ( Cooke doesn't count ). You pull a move like he did on Naslund 3 weeks ago, next time you play the Canuncks, you gotta step up to the plate and defend your honor.......even when it means getting the arsekicking of your life. Simply put, you can't cheap shot a star player and then back down or play the ignore card when his teammates come looking for you. Bottom line, if chucky woulda stepped up to the plate and took the punishment like a man, none of this would have happened.

This is why the NHL has to get rid of the insigator rule. This could have all been taken care of during the prior Colorado-Vancouver game if their had been no instigator rule. Moore would have got sh it pumped right after he levelled Naslund. Moore would know it was coming and would have to stand up for himself. As it stands, payback didnt come till this game and Bertuzzi pumped Moore.

Great point joe_capone on the coaching. the whole game ai was wondering why the **** they havent taken him off. it was just a matter of time before something happened. its riduculous.

I just read an article by Terry Frei and i had to make another post. In Frei's article he calls for a one year suspension of Bertuzzi, calling the act dispicable. Frei made Bertuzzi out to be a villain, a cheap dirty player who he has no respect for. This was an awful article, wrote in a way to put down Todd.

If any of you guys read this i hope you agree with me. What really pisses me off is faggot reperters like Frei do not realize that this was a fluke. Watch Tie Domi in any game...hes always throwing cheap punches. Bertuzzi made a mistake, in now way did he mean to drive Moore's head into the ice. Both these players are now in very difficult situations and it makes my blood boil when reporters like Frei show no compassion whatsoever for Bertuzzi who is in a world of remorse.

Sorry bros, i had to rant...the article drove me nuts.

heres the link... http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...rry&id=1754978

13 games + playoffs + reevaluation of suspension at beginning of next year + $250K fine to the Canucks team

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    bull**** ruling IMO, can't wait to see the bertuzzi v. worrell tilt next season

ft-

Bullsh*t ruling IMO.

i agree with you guys completely.....Did you guys see what Brian Burke said in the news conference? I thought he handled it beatifuly....he ripped into the media for being so hard on Bertuzzi.....said they could blame Burke 100% for eveything just to get the media off of Todd's back.

most of the time the media just disgusts me.

...most of the time the media just disgusts me.
    The media disgusts me almost as much as the f**ks who supposedly called the Vancouver City Police and complained that charges should be laid. What a crock.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Moore took advantage of naslund in a vulnerable position and sent him to the hospital.

Bertuzzi took advantage of moore in a vulnerable position and sent him to the hospital.

Nothing happened to moore for taking out naslund. Bertuzzi gets a big suspension for taking out moore.

This doesn't make sense. Fuking hypocrites!!!!

its ridiculous......if the canucks make it deep in the playoffs the suspension is gonna turn out to potentially nearly 50 games....just disgusting.....hopefully Ruchinksy can pick up some of the slack.

What is just unbelievable is that Bettman is going to reevaluate the situation at the beginning for next season- granted there is one. BULLSH IT!

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    I think it was the punch that snapped his neck not that fall. He wasn't prepared and Bert took one big f'n swing at his head/neck. that knocked him out cracked his neck and the fall shattered his face. I think it Bert, even though i love the guy is a pussy for doing that. he should have got in his face then swung. What he did is like stabbing someone in the back. Hes a coward in my eyes. Revenge is revenge, agreed, but atleast be a man and do it face to face. I think Bert should be made as an example and not let to play the rest of this season. It has to stop somewhere, and if someone is made a deturrent, it should be him

I think its very unfair callin ghim a coward imo.....i dont want to start an argument or anything Full, but Burke put it perfectly this morning. Every player in the NHL plays on the edge of a knife. Coaches and owners only go after the most intense and competitive players in the world. With that much intensity running through someones body things like this can and do happen. If you have played hockey or understand the game, you can understand this.

As far as what broke his neck....Nobody can ascertain as to what broke the neck. Doctor's do not even know. It coud have been the punch, Bertuzzi falling on him, or after Ohlund and Pronger jumped on top in the scuffle. who knows......i do think its a little unfair calling him a coward, though.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I knew he should've been suspended for the entire rest of this season. I called it in my previous post.

Now, some may think it was harsh, and that it was just payback, but even STILL being payback, it was done in the wrong way. He could have done it many different ways without a cheapshot from the back. I mean come on. You really need to put yourself in his shoes, even ALL YOU would at LEAST want a chance to SEE what's coming. No matter wut the hell any of you do, you would all be pissed if struck HARD from behind.

If you pay close attention to the video, Bertuzzi punches Moore on the side of the head, very hard, falls on top of it, and if you pay attention to his arm, you'll see he was still going for MORE shots!! He was just about to hit him again, but the other Colorado player jumped on him, and prevented it. It was an angry spur of the moment attack, and he DID want to hurt Moore, and it was a cheap shot, no doubt about it.

In terms of his apology and all that, it is hard to say if it was sincere. I saw it a couple times, and it was on the verge of acting/being serious. It is hard to say, although I still think he really does regret it all, and he feels terrible of the outcome no doubt.

Anywho, this is the leagues way of telling players to watch themselves! There really is no place for this **** in the NHL.

And finally, they REALLY need to get rid of icing touch plays, and make it NO touch, just like everyone wants! I saw last weeks show with Don Cherry, and he showed the clip of the COUNTLESS number of players RAMMING into the boards and breaking ****en legs and arms and necks, dammit, it's disgusting!!!

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palme
    He had it coming.
    no one ever has a cheap shot like that coming. You don't punch someone when they're not looking. Especially not when you're that big.

IMHO...if Moore would not have been that injured Bert would not have gotten such a harsh sentence. Therefore, as I predicted...they punsihed the outcome not the action. They did not punish Bert based on his actions...they based their decision on the severity of the outcome (ie Moore's injuries).

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    IMHO...if Moore would not have been that injured Bert would not have gotten such a harsh sentence. Therefore, as I predicted...they punsihed the outcome not the action. They did not punish Bert based on his actions...they based their decision on the severity of the outcome (ie Moore's injuries).

Well said!

im sup drunk right now, but im gaurant gonna post.......money boss hustla u hit the nail on the head pal!!

also, look at eh havlat incident....crackes him in the head with his stick two handed...one game????? if recchi had been injued it would have been the same suspension...they were waiting to make an example of someone. goulet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information