Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Lounge is about to be permanently locked

I am tired of this - I dont have time for it either - because you little brats cant act mature enough we had to lock the opposite sex forum before which is a shame because it had some great stuff in it - I really have no problem locking this one too although again its a shame since there are some great meaningful discussions and funny threads - I am tired of dealing with this crap and all the PMs I get whining about everything under the sun. But I will not allow Elite type drama queens to Fup things on this board

If I really have any reason to come back in here I will just lock this forum and all of you can go somewhere else and the rest of us can get back to the serious business of building our bodies and improving our minds.

And the rules havent changed really since we first started - granted we may have been a bit lax lately in enforcement - but if you dont like them - you are free to go stir up trouble somewhere else.

CYCLEON

PS - no need for a lot of ass kissing to follow - just make sure I dont have another reason to visit this forum for awhile.

white hatter is offline New Member

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    This should be a fun area to chat in, quit stirring $hit...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Agreed.

I even posted a "State of the Union Apology" to my fellow bros in the diet forum for being an idiot and partaking in the juvenile actions. Force of habit from other boards I suppose, but this is A.R., not other boards.

U got my word.

~SC~

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    i was beginning to think we were turning into elite as well. lock it up if you have to, it just may make AR low key like it used to be.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    WOW!!!...My first visit to this forum and it's already bordering LOCK DOWN!

I guess I haven't been missing much?

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    does locked mean that no one can enter? or just selected members?

means - no one at all - same as opposite sex forum - enter all you want but you just wont be posting any more

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    does locked mean that no one can enter? or just selected members?
    Not so loud....the others might hear. It looks like it's just us.........we must be select. hahahahaha

oh - I guess the opsex forum is totally gone - well - anyway, I think you get the picture - this forum is sucking up to much mod time and darn sure too much of my time - if I even have to think about it, I am just going to lock it rather than spending hours of my time wading through such worthless crap as what happened earlier.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Can't say I didn't see this coming.......mods/vets ahve way to much to do than baby sit the lounge.......all are(well at least should act like) adults here.....so do what u have to Cycleon.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Well, just like many other people on the board, I'd hate to see The Lounge get tossed

I dunno, people obviously need to smarten up. Maybe start kicking more ass around here? More policing or something?

Anyway you can create a "sub-site" of AR, where people can maybe link into that forum, and talk wutever and do wutever they want, but still all the same members from AR have access, and only them? Sounds tough to do.

Man I really dunno. Something needs to be done, and hopfully it's not shuting this place down

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    I am tired of this - I dont have time for it either - because you little brats cant act mature enough we had to lock the opposite sex forum before which is a shame because it had some great stuff in it - I really have no problem locking this one too although again its a shame since there are some great meaningful discussions and funny threads - I am tired of dealing with this crap and all the PMs I get whining about everything under the sun. But I will not allow Elite type drama queens to Fup things on this board

If I really have any reason to come back in here I will just lock this forum and all of you can go somewhere else and the rest of us can get back to the serious business of building our bodies and improving our minds.

And the rules havent changed really since we first started - granted we may have been a bit lax lately in enforcement - but if you dont like them - you are free to go stir up trouble somewhere else.

CYCLEON

PS - no need for a lot of ass kissing to follow - just make sure I dont have another reason to visit this forum for awhile.
    Please dont make all of us suffer b/c of the actions of a few......
    -Cy

Lately it hasnt been a few - I hear bitching from far too many

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronCy
    Please dont make all of us suffer b/c of the actions of a few......
    -Cy

Would there be some way to
    1) restrict access to folks with more than, say, 500 posts,
    2) and to chop off, say, 100 posts from anyone's total when they stir up too much s---?
    Just a thought . . .

Yah, I can see how running this board can really become a time-sink. Ten-Thousand Texas-Sized Appreciations for y'all who make this all possible . . .
    -Tock

again - why should it suck up mods time because members who should know better dont know how to behave like adults?

obviously that doesnt go for you tock - I have really enjoyed our discussions, even though you are wrong in all of them - I will miss them

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    Lately it hasnt been a few - I hear bitching from far too many
    Far too many---in comparison to what? You have to take into account how many members the board has...Im not trying to be an instigator....I know your upset with how things are going, and the stress it is putting on the mods...but, any free board is going to attract the riff raff....I just hope we can weather this little storm.
    -Cy

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    again - why should it suck up mods time because members who should know better dont know how to behave like adults?

obviously that doesnt go for you tock - I have really enjoyed our discussions, even though you are wrong in all of them - I will miss them
    No you won't . . . I'll send you my home email, and you can continue your feeble attempts to rationalize the Bible's authority . . .
    We've got a long way to go on this one, mon ami, and you're not getting off this easy . . .
    --Tock

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    So when are u planning on shutting down/locking the lounge......

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Well here is a long shot, but, what about STOPPING new members from signing up at all. I mean, there must be a way (i'm guessing) to just not allow new members to sign up. And maybe keep it that way for a couple weeks, more the CURRENT members to straighten up and smarten up. Also to get used to each other and what not, and then after a while, start letting people join again??

Sounds kinda weird/tough to do, I dunno, just a suggestion.

BDTR is offline Retired
    All i know is i've just moved into a new house and literally haven't unpacked yet because i keep sitting here waiting for someone to come on and start drama, just to keep the board inline.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    What the hell is going on around here? It seems like half the people here didn't know there was drama until 9 threads put up, all offshoots of "F THE DRAMA!". I mean, ****, I don't like Cycleon, but he still comes over to watch Murder She Wrote with me and Juggy every Wednesday.

IN ALL seriousness, there is more hype ABOUT drama than there is actually drama. I guess everyone just doesn't realize that it doesn't matter, since I'm better than them already, there is obviously no point in talking smack. I've been here for a long ass time, and this is some of the worst B.S. ever. Let's get back to playing grabass in the lounge, not hardass. Go educate yourselves in the other forums.

Ok - after due consideration - as abysmally banal and indescribably silly as some of you are, I hate to punish the majority of members for your idiocy - this is the way its going to be...

a) the lounge will stay open.... for now

b) if something remotely like this happens again, in 3 days, 3 months, I dont care - I wont even bother to sort it out, this place will be read only

c) this is your board, its time you as members start taking a bit of responsibility for it - I realize that not all are immature idiots but its not only the mods job to let people know what is acceptable here - its yours too if you want to keep it.

d) I am not talking about controversial threads or those on a controversial subject - I am speaking of whiney, snot nosed brats who prance about as if they are still in diapers and act as if they are 14 years old (and i am NOT talking about good wierdness like Nathan or strange wierdness like rambo) - if thats you, feel free to grow up or go to a kiddie board - AR is not Chucky Cheeses

rambo - a lot of the threads were deleted by those who started them

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Just ban the lame ass cry babies who PM you about their complaints. If the PMers cant find something better to do with their time than go to the lounge to find an offensive thread, then they shouldnt be here. I cant imagine you get more than 5 of the SAME people whining. Just ban the lame ass bitches for PMing you about worthless shlt.

True how one thread stands out among 1000 others and then that one thread means that ALL the others are the same way.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    b) if something remotely like this happens again, in 3 days, 3 months, I dont care - I wont even bother to sort it out, this place will be read only
    Would i be incorrect in assuming that if this forum were to become "read only", then some sort of special forum would be set up wherein I might post my random thoughts for people to "read only"? I ask because I suspect membership demand to be privy to my meanderings would skyrocket and you would be forced to wade through several PMs per hour to that effect. Just a thought. Or not.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Would i be incorrect in assuming that if this forum were to become "read only", then some sort of special forum would be set up wherein I might post my random thoughts for people to "read only"? I ask because I suspect membership demand to be privy to my meanderings would skyrocket and you would be forced to wade through several PMs per hour to that effect. Just a thought. Or not.
    Youre reaching on that one....

Crack Back is offline New Member
    Someone has to step up and regulate

create some effective hierarchic administration

CALL THE LAW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Youre reaching on that one....
    Not if you consider that the brunt of PMs would come from alter egos I would set up to artificially inflate my own popularity.

more like the membership would demand to use your meanderings to wipe with while on the privy? hmmm....I could see where that might improve their utility function!

rambo is offline The Lord God
    If that tool gets his own forum, I want one too.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    If that tool gets his own forum, I want one too.
    Screw that, I asked first.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Screw that, I asked first.
    Ah-Ha!!!!! I have waited for this day to come sweet Jesus!!!! You have finally tossed all that fancy pants education out the window and using our kind of language.....I have waited in the shadows for oh so long and finally my day has come.....

CYCLEON.... bro....from reading every single one of your posts in this thread I have some sound advice for ya.....YOU NEED TO GET LAID....BAD bro...

Just kidding... I have been away and haven't been around to witness any of the drama that's been going on but all I can say is that this is one of the greatest boards I have been on and it's up to us members to keep it that way.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    I was thinking it would be a good idea to lock this forum. You could only give me access and mod status in here.
    I would change my avatar and make up different people and play with myself all day.

For the record I don't need any of you punks, I can entertain myself fine.

In closing Cycleon, Please change the name to marts world.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Ah-Ha!!!!! I have waited for this day to come sweet Jesus!!!! You have finally tossed all that fancy pants education out the window and using our kind of language.....I have waited in the shadows for oh so long and finally my day has come.....
    DAMMMIT...I knew I'd slip up one day and I knew you'd be there...it was only a matter of time. Errrrr...what i meant to say to Rambo was:

I think not my dear Rambo, for in matters of this magnitude a certain priority is necessarily placed, particularly given the governance of Newtonian time principles in our subconscious prioritization of tasks, upon the request uttered first.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    DAMMMIT...I knew I'd slip up one day and I knew you'd be there...it was only a matter of time. Errrrr...what i meant to say to Rambo was:

I think not my dear Rambo, for in matters of this magnitude a certain priority is necessarily placed, particularly given the governance of Newtonian time principles in our subconscious prioritization of tasks, upon the request uttered first.
    Good come back my good man.... but it is by far to late. My day in the sun has come and I bask in it's sweet glow.....

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member

Gearhead007 is offline Associate Member
    <--- My two cents...

Since I tend to just lurk, and read the good posts while skipping the bad ones, I have the following suggestion:

Just start banning people that don't play by the rules here. Either they get it or they don't. If they don't get it, they are out.

I am fairly new to A/S but have been working out seriously for 17+ years. A/R is by far the best overall source for information regarding working out I have EVER seen. The lounge is nice relief for when one needs a break from studying. Please don't make the many suffer for the idiocies of the few. I would say the same for the female questions forum.

OK, I'll have a nice cup of shut the kcuF up now and go back to reading educational threads.

Thanks for all the great information Bro's!

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    blah blah blah blah blah
    Have you always had that title under your name?

Gearhead007 - thats normally the way its done - but lately everyone has a bitch fit whenever we do - and I am tired of that

Mart - you can dress up and play with yourself at home, no need to make changes to the forum for that

BIG TEXAN - thank you for your kind offer to relieve my sexual frustration but I have a distinct preference for women - which you are not, in spite of what pheedno says you look like bent over in front of him

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information