Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    I just think it sucks that we can no longer say words like ****, ****, ****, ****er, and bull****......why exactly is that? Aren't 99% of us over 18 years old? Just my observation. I was gone for a while and I come back to this....makes we wonder what the hell (can I say that word?) is going on here....

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I'd like to point something out regarding the attitude of a very small group of members towards mods in general. Most of the confrontations I've had as a mod have been with members who seem to have some kind of inferiority complex related to dealing with mods. I can't understand it. I certainly don't feel superior to anyone here - I'm just an AR member with added responsibilities. When somebody feels the need to point the finger at me or another particular mod because of something we've done as individuals, fine, go ahead. Having a problem with AR mods as a group instead of particular mods means you have a problem with AR. If you don't like one waiter, complain. If you don't like all the waiters, find a new restaurant.

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    Great thread Berm. I think that is exactly what needed said at the right time. I think the wheels will begin to turn once agian.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    Berm great post. i have been a member here for a while now, that said i do not have as many post as most of you. i do remember when i first joined this board was all positive. people helping people and that was it. i have noticed that some of the members have gotten a little big for their britches. just because you have 1000 posts does not make you a better member. i think the mods see this as well and are taking some drastic measurs to clean up this board. some of these decisions have been good and some bad IMO. the rules on this board have not changed since i have been a member. it seems like they were not inforced as strong lately and when the mods try to get it back to its old self people get upset. i think this is everyones fault (us members for taking advantage of the mods relaxed enforcement of the rules)(mods fault from not enforcing the rules as strong all the time) i love this board and try to check it out everyday. it is like a second familly. it is assumed that all members are at least 18 now so lets try to clean this up together.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Berm, You know you and I think a lot a like. I want to say good post and appolagize. I let this go on without posting my feelings. For the first time in my life I feel I had to watch what I said. I think you stood up for what you think and thats great. Maybe this will be considered in future choices.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by EXCESS
    If you don't like one waiter, complain. If you don't like all the waiters, find a new restaurant.
    Yup.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Also, You stupid little pansey ass cry babies need to keep your mouth shut. This is not highschool. You don't run tell the teacher when someone says something you don't like.
    It's like the tv, if you don't like it change the channel or in our regard don't read the post.

hybrid is offline Member
    [Lostsoul] Maybe the mods can give new members posting rights to SOME of the board when they join, like the educational forums and maybe the steroid questions forum, and just read access to the rest of the site. after a certain period of time they are allowed to post on all parts of the board?

This is the type of constructive brainstorming that needs to take place..More of this and a little less complaining is what the SMods, Mods, and Admin are looking for..Don't know if this is even possible Lostsoul, but it's certainly constructive in nature and warrants discussion I would think..

Doc M

The only problem with that idea is that it will for sure add even more administrative headaches to the mods. I can't see anyway to monitor it, unless you just give them full access after a certain number of posts. If it has to be discretionary, that would be a ton of work.

biguns is offline New Member
    I came here for the knowledge and experience of the members...and I must say that I have found that..there also seems to be some good freindships and respect that have formed between people who keep using this board on a regular basis...being new to this board and all others I hope my membership is not restricted to only certain areas but that is not up to me....I also see the arrogance and out right lack of respect shown by other new members but I chalk that up to some of them being very young and immature...all I can hope for is that the mods don't let afew ruin it for many....IMO

Impious is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by biguns
    I came here for the knowledge and experience of the members...and I must say that I have found that..there also seems to be some good freindships and respect that have formed between people who keep using this board on a regular basis...being new to this board and all others I hope my membership is not restricted to only certain areas but that is not up to me....I also see the arrogance and out right lack of respect shown by other new members but I chalk that up to some of them being very young and immature...all I can hope for is that the mods don't let afew ruin it for many....IMO
    This thread is over 3 months old bro. lol

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    old but good, hell i read the original post and thought it was fitting to things ive seen lately...oh well, lots of other places out there if anyone needs another home

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    yeah man its an old thread but the topic is verryyyy applicable now with the string of bannings and the like!

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    its the american way, if something offends ONE person we change it or ban it. dosent matter what majority wants. liberals are destroying our country and no one stands up

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    yeah man its an old thread but the topic is verryyyy applicable now with the string of bannings and the like!
    bro,you think they just ban ppl here for the fun of it?The MODs here are very lax,you have to really screw up,or just be a complete asshole to get banned here.They try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt,but some ppl don't deserve to be on this board.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    bro,you think they just ban ppl here for the fun of it?The MODs here are very lax,you have to really screw up,or just be a complete asshole to get banned here.They try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt,but some ppl don't deserve to be on this board.
    agreed, i never bothered to find out why they were banned, but yeah they must have screwed up big time to get banned.

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    I was SERIOUSLY OFFENDED by your post BERMICH.

I hope your banned.

ehehe

jokin

good stuff, appreciate the cohones!

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    Old, yes, but it's still a good thread.

Jhn36 is offline Associate Member
    This was the first site on this subject I found. I have been comming here on and off for two years, a member here for about a year and posting for several months. I usually read parts of most of the forums. I would hate to see the lounge closed though. I also found several other sites through peoples signatures which I miss, but kinda see the reasoning. All in all I think the mods do a pretty good job, and as with anyone in authority will not ever be liked by all at the same time. My 2 cents.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    darn, fooled me I thought this was from today.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    I really do think that newbies shouldnt be allowed to post or even see the lounge for at lease thier first 50-75 posts. That is done at another board i read and i read soo much prior to even posting then when i found the lounge i was more intrested in the original forums then bs'ing in the lounge... Also i think that if an account is inactive for 30 days it should be deleted.. people end up creating dupe screen names.. another thing high school/college sport training forum is a great ideas as it was bought up by another member... just my 2 cents..

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member

Exclamation

Don McLean once sang:

It was a long, long time ago.....
    But I can still remember..........

THIS FREAKING ANCIENT THREAD!!!! **** NEWB'S ARE OUTTA CONTROL.......bumping old threads. Please look at the dates before you post on threads.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Don McLean once sang:

It was a long, long time ago.....
    But I can still remember..........

THIS FREAKING ANCIENT THREAD!!!! **** NEWB'S ARE OUTTA CONTROL.......bumping old threads. Please look at the dates before you post on threads.
    Open the firehose on them Chica!!

skinjob is offline Associate Member
    i might not agree with some of the stuff spake pon this site by some chaps but generally people speak their minds without being too offensive. i like this board and have felt welcomed by most bros even those who disagree with my (allegedly liberal) leanings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information