Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    Im ready to fight if they bring those sucidebombers over here.....Ive been just waiting to try out my new H&K G36K Carbine. IM ALWAYS ON THE LOOKOUT!!!
    LOL You're my new best friend!

Sym

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    1) Ok, I'll consider being "your good man" after a date or two. I don't mean to discourage you, but I don't kiss on the first date . . .

--Tock

****, I forgot I was calling a queer "my good man". Hey we'll just keep it to a quick handshake, oh I mean, Mmmmmmm. A quick nod of the head in passing, nothing too manly, ok!.

Hey guys, thanks for the debate. It was fun beating you all again

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    hmmm...anti-isreal sentiment huh? What has isreal done to u that u say ur anti-isreal? Or, should we just call a spade a spade? Anti-Jewish is more like it, right? Because as a country, im pretty sure isreal has never done anything to u that u can say ur "anti-isreal"! So just admit what ur really trying to say?!?

Im not saying both sides dont have their faults. But all isreal has ever done is try to survive as a country. Have u ever looked at a map of the middle east? Check out how small isreal is compared to syria, iran, libya...etc

If YOU lived every day having to worry about terrorist attacks while ****ting in a side walk cafe eating lunch u may feel different. I maybe wrong? U just might be a anti-semite?

OG
    Anti-Zionism isnt Anti-Semitism

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    I agree.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Now that's funny.

Thought it might get a laugh

alevok Guest
    Hezbollah is nothing but a bunch of sick minded killers. Couple years ago we had hezbollah activities in Istanbul, our internal services discovered mass murders by hezbollah and the way they killed people were horrible. They tied victims hand and feet then either cut their throat or burry them alive underneath of hezbollah houses. You may try to fool Americans but not me hezbollah is not what you said, they target innocent people, they target people who believe religion and government are two seperate things, your terrorist attacks give a bad name to Islam and today more people believe that Islam is the religion of terrorists.

BDTR is offline Retired
    an·ti-Sem·i·tism
    n.
    Hostility toward or prejudice against Jews or Judaism.
    Discrimination against Jews.

Zi·on·ism **
    n.
    A Jewish movement that arose in the late 19th century in response to growing anti-Semitism and sought to reestablish a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Modern Zionism is concerned with the support and development of the state of Israel.

jon rock is offline Associate Member
    Maybe they should grind up all the muslims in a giant cement mixer and pour a wall to separate the jews and palestinians so they will stop fighting.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member

I agree there is a difference. But when bdtr makes comments like
    Israel has a stranglehold on the USA and its descions
    and

It's not about size here, it's about power and control in a non physical sense. It's all about money. Who controls 90% of financial investment banks in the United States? If they control the money, they have the power, because descions can be bought, plain and simple
    When he says "who controls 90% of financial investment banks in the United States" hes not talking about Isreal is he? He's talking about Jewish people. Because last time i checked Isreal didnt own or control any US banks or Financial institutions. And when he says "they" hes not talking about Isreal, hes talking about jewish people. Sooooo to me that smells like anti-semitisum. Wouldnt u say?

OG

Yes, I see your point OG..Israel as a state doesnt have any corporate investements..true, also true that banks and media are controlled by jews..those who own and control have the freedom to acts as they please...I do agree that a large portion of US interests are doine with jewish influence..with Zionism in mind..but not by the state of Israel. Good point! But being against the motives of a group..is not hating them. I hate the fragmented hip hop culture and the reasons of those who embrace it..and see those as social degenerates .and see its spread and acceptance as a degenerative social disease..I do not wish the people dead..just hope they wise up. Even though I may have these views/beliefs, I am not a klansman/skin head or the like..so calling a an anti-zionist a NAZI..is along those same lines.
    However You made a great point..

Yes, I see your point OG..Israel as a state doesnt have any corporate investements..true, also true that banks and media are controlled by jews..those who own and control have the freedom to acts as they please...I do agree that a large portion of US interests are doine with jewish influence..with Zionism in mind..but not by the state of Israel. Good point! But being against the motives of a group..is not hating them. I hate the fragmented hip hop culture and the reasons of those who embrace it..and see those as social degenerates .and see its spread and acceptance as a degenerative social disease..I do not wish the people dead..just hope they wise up. Even though I may have these views/beliefs, I am not a klansman/skin head or the like..so calling a an anti-zionist a NAZI..is along those same lines.
    Thxs Bama! Good analogy, i see ur point. I was just trying to point out what bdtr is really trying to say IMHO. Id be willing to bet any ammount he couldnt back up what he says. Because we all know its not true. Atleast all normal thinking human beings...

OG

BDTR is offline Retired
    Don't try and point out what i really want to say, because i dont appreciate you putting words in my mouth.. trust me though, im holding my tounge. We all know its not true? Bull... Half the people are scared to say its true for fear of being labeled a nazi by a jew which you seem to LOVE to do. I'm sure you and the scum in the JDL would get along great.. shame to see their leader irv ruben go.. off a prison balcony with his throat cut.

So once again, NEVER put words in my mouth.

Thxs Bama! Good analogy, i see ur point. I was just trying to point out what bdtr is really trying to say IMHO. Id be willing to bet any ammount he couldnt back up what he says. Because we all know its not true. Atleast all normal thinking human beings...

OG

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Don't try and point out what i really want to say, because i dont appreciate you putting words in my mouth.. trust me though, im holding my tounge. We all know its not true? Bull... Half the people are scared to say its true for fear of being labeled a nazi by a jew which you seem to LOVE to do. I'm sure you and the scum in the JDL would get along great.. shame to see their leader irv ruben go.. off a prison balcony with his throat cut.

So once again, NEVER put words in my mouth.
    These are ur words right?! Not mine

Israel has a stranglehold on the USA and its descions
    and

It's not about size here, it's about power and control in a non physical sense. It's all about money. Who controls 90% of financial investment banks in the United States? If they control the money, they have the power, because descions can be bought, plain and simple
    I dont have to put words in ur mouth! U wrote it, i didnt. I made my points VERY clear. Where are ur answers to them?!? uhuh, thats what i thought. So hold ur tongue all u want and hide behind that mask.

And "we all know whats not true" That Jewish people own the world. All the banks and financial insitutions. Id like to see some hard facts ur spewing. And not just ur ignorance. Go back under ur rock!

OG
    Last edited by OGPackin; 03-16-2004 at 01:02 PM.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    In fact, through their (the IDF's) advance along the Naqoura road into Tyre, Sidon (Saida) and Beirut their were welcomed with the Lebanese tradition of throwing rice into their (the IDF) path and wake.
    those are some stupid christian lebnese ppl that israel convinced them that muslim are preparing a big war to kill them all...then after israel killed jmayil the lebanese christian president because he said lebanon is 10452 km square the christians realize that their real enemy is israel

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by alevok
    Hezbollah is nothing but a bunch of sick minded killers. Couple years ago we had hezbollah activities in Istanbul, our internal services discovered mass murders by hezbollah and the way they killed people were horrible. They tied victims hand and feet then either cut their throat or burry them alive underneath of hezbollah houses. You may try to fool Americans but not me hezbollah is not what you said, they target innocent people, they target people who believe religion and government are two seperate things, your terrorist attacks give a bad name to Islam and today more people believe that Islam is the religion of terrorists.
    another fellow who blindly follow his country propaganda...

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Lets face it - if people cant admit that Jewish heritaged people often use their funds and influence for the benefit of the Israeli state (which is firmly their right) - and that those people certainly dominate certain industries, say the wholesale diamond business - then people are in denial or stupid.

Problem is, just to admit this pattently obvious statement is thought to be ANTI-SEMETIC somehow? THAT tells me SOMETHING is wrong when we have allowed it to go so far as anyone to be above being called to carpet - because i generally support Israel as our ally - but I support them with the idea in mind of what is in the US's best interest

Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    those are some stupid christian lebnese ppl that israel convinced them that muslim are preparing a big war to kill them all...then after israel killed jmayil the lebanese christian president because he said lebanon is 10452 km square the christians realize that their real enemy is israel

And thats why for 25yrs the South Lebanese Army (Christians) protected Israel's northern borders?. Oh come on try alittle harder than that.

And regarding Hezbollahs victory over Israel (as you stated earlier), thats another joke too. Just south of UNIFIL H.Q. in Naqoura is a Hezbollah check point with a painted sign "Today the south, tomorrow all of Palestine". For starts the IDF withdrew when Ehud Barak complied with UN resolutions 425 and 426 not because of Hezbollah attacks. The conditions whereby he could withdraw came indirectly about because of the incident in Qana when the Hezbollah were firing Katusha rockets into the Northern Galilee from behind the Fijan battalions (UNIFIL troops) Rubb hall. The UN asked the Hezbollah to cease its activities as the IDF/IAF had drones up and were threatening to fire on the position. The rest is history, the Hezzies wouldn't stop their firing and cowardly hiding behind the UN position believing the IDF wouldn't fire on the UN position. Sadly they did and killed 102 innocent civilians with a direct hit to the rubb hall with 6 155mm HE arty rds. Shame on the Hezbollah for using these people as human shields.

Btw Militiaguy, have you ever burned an American flag? I bet if you personally haven't you've witnessed it and celebrated with the rest of your murdering cohorts.

Oh, and I'm sure you realise, if it wanted the IDF/IAF could turn Lebanon to dust tomorrow. Now, wouldn't your energy be better served fighting the Syrian occupation of your land?

Some more reading...

By Nicholas Blanford | Special to The Christian Science Monitor

BEIRUT, LEBANON - As President George W. Bush mobilizes his global campaign against international terrorism, Lebanon's violent past may be catching up with it. For Lebanon to join a proposed international coalition, it would likely have to hand over groups and individuals it considers its liberators from Israel.

Chief among these organizations is Hizbullah, a Shiite Muslim group backed by Iran, which stands accused by Washington of a wave of suicide bombings against US targets, and kidnappings of American citizens, in war-torn 1980s Lebanon.
    Still, Lebanon needs all the friends it can get in helping to reduce a national debt nudging $26 billion. Beirut cannot afford to be at the receiving end of a campaign against terrorism by the US.

A source close to the Lebanese government says the US has not asked Beirut to hand over persons wanted for past anti-American attacks. The matter was discussed in "general terms" with "no one being mentioned specifically," the source said. But the US ambassador to Beirut, Vincent Battle, said this week that Lebanon continues to shelter "terrorist organizations."

Hizbullah's alleged involvement in anti-American terror is long and bloody. On April 18, 1983, the US embassy on Beirut's seafront was destroyed by a suicide truck bomber, killing 63 people, including the Middle East chiefs of the Central Intelligence Agency who were holding a meeting in the building at the time.

Six months later, a truck carrying 1,200 pounds of dynamite exploded in the entrance of a US Marines barracks, killing 241 US servicemen. Less than two years later, militants hijacked TWA Flight 847 and kidnapped its American passengers for 17 days. More than a dozen American citizens were kidnapped in Beirut in the mid-to-late 1980s, in some cases, held for years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The list goes on, and yet you M'guy come on here with THAT avatar and not expect someone to know its significance. I'm just stunned that no one else here has apparently paid a minutes attention to what I've posted regarding your avatar, the Hezbollah and why given that probably 98% of this board being Americans your avatar shouldn't be allowed or accepted by these good people.

http://www.wrmea.com/backissues/1295/9512079.html

By Donald Neff

It was four years ago, on Dec. 4, 1991, that the agony of America's hostages held in Lebanon finally came to an end. The moment arrived with the release of newsman Terry Anderson, 44, after 2,454 days in captivity—the longest confinement suffered by any of the hostages.1

At least four Americans had been kidnapped in the mid-1970s, early in Lebanon's civil war. All eventually had been released unharmed, and there was relatively little media attention given to these seemingly random events.

That was not the case with the total of 17 Americans kidnapped after early 1984, when five were taken. Four more were captured in 1985, three in 1986, four in 1987 and one in 1988. After 1988, the kidnappings ended in large part because Americans essentially had been chased out of Lebanon.

Three of the American hostages were killed or died in captivity: CIA Station Chief William Buckley, Marine Lt. Col. William R. Higgins and librarian Peter Kilburn. The remains of Buckley and Higgins were left on Beirut streets in the three weeks after Anderson's release and brought back to the United States for burial.2 Kilburn's body had been similarly found in 1986. 3

Three escaped: Charles Glass, Jeremy Levin and Frank Regier. Three were ransomed in the Reagan administration's Iran arms-for-hostages scandal: David Jacobsen, Lawrence Jenco and Benjamin Weir. Two were released in 1990: Robert Polhill and Frank Reed. And six were released in the final four months of 1991: Joseph Cicippio, Thomas Sutherland, Alann Steen, Edward Tracy, Jesse Turner and Anderson.

The 1980s kidnappings were part of a highly successful campaign by Shi'i Muslims belonging to Hezbollah (Party of God) and supported by Iran to rid Lebanon of all Americans. It began in retaliation for Israel's 1982 invasion of Lebanon with the massive use of U.S.-made weapons and accelerated after Washington's decision to use U.S. warplanes and ships of the U.S. Sixth Fleet against Muslim and Druze targets in late 1983.

Early Hezbollah attacks included the bombing in 1983 of the U.S. Embassy in Beirut, with the loss of 63 lives including some of the CIA's top Mideast experts, and the bombing of the Marine barracks at Beirut Airport, with the initial loss of 241 lives.

On Jan. 18, 1984, President Malcolm Kerr of the American University of Beirut, a distinguished scholar of the Arab world, was gunned down outside his AUB office.4

At that point Hezbollah openly proclaimed its goal was to "drive all Americans from Lebanon." 5

This seemed an unlikely prospect at the time, since Americans had a long and well- established position in Lebanon's educational, business and international refugee relief communities. The American University of Beirut had been founded in 1866 by U.S. missionaries and Americans had been intimately involved with it ever since. Yet by the end of 1988, Hezbollah had won and the U.S. presence in Lebanon essentially was gone.

In reality, Hezbollah was successful against the United States.

The first major retreat was by the 1,400 U.S. Marines then stationed in Lebanon as a result of Israel's invasion nearly two years earlier.6 President Reagan on Feb. 5, 1984 made one of his stand-tall speeches, saying that "the situation in Lebanon is difficult, frustrating and dangerous. But this is no reason to turn our backs on friends and to cut and run." 7

However, the next day Prof. Frank Regier, a U.S. citizen teaching at AUB, was kidnapped. The day after that, Reagan suddenly reversed course and said that all U.S. Marines would shortly be "redeployed," a euphemism for total withdrawal.8 All the Marines except those guarding the U.S. embassy were gone by Feb. 26, never to return.

The Marine retreat began a series of strategic withdrawals of the official American presence in Lebanon. On Sept. 20, 1984, 24 persons, including two Americans and seven other employees of the U.S. embassy, were killed when a Hezbollah suicide bomber drove a car laden with explosives into the East Beirut annex of the U.S. Embassy.9

The next month, on Oct. 21, Washington announced it was reducing the official roster of American staff at the U.S. embassy in Beirut from 45 to 30, with further cuts to come.10

The next major step came on July 1, 1985, when the United States imposed a ban on travel by Americans to Lebanon in retaliation for the skyjacking of a TWA flight on June 14. The State Department declared: "Beirut International Airport has become a source of danger to all air passengers. The United States has been singled out for air piracy and can no longer permit such actions to go unpunished. As of today, the U.S. will initiate efforts with all countries concerned to stop flights to and from the said airport; the U.S. will attempt to influence Lebanon's neighbors to stop providing air information on flights passing through Lebanon's airspace; the U.S. will attempt to cut off all aviation fuel from reaching Beirut."11

One Threat Realized

The only one of those threats that was fully realized was to keep Americans from traveling to Lebanon.

The final withdrawal came on Dec.2, 1988, when Washington announced that all U.S. military representatives with the United Nations observer team in Lebanon had been withdrawn over the previous several days because of danger to their safety.12

The 16 Americans had been assigned to the U.N. Observer Group in Lebanon, the same group to which Lieutenant Colonel Higgins had belonged when he was kidnapped by Hezbollah the previous February and later hanged. The officers routinely patrolled southern Lebanon where troops of the U.N.'s Interim Force in Lebanon, UNIFIL, sought to keep the peace between Israeli, Lebanese and Palestinian fighters.

UNIFIL had been created in 1978 after Israel's earlier invasion of southern Lebanon that year and its establishment of a "security zone" on Lebanese territory.13

It was as a result of this expansion by Israel into Lebanese territory (the "North Bank," as critics of Israel's expansionist policies called it) and then its 1982 invasion that caused the establishment of Hezbollah that same year with the help of Iran to rid Lebanon of Israel's occupation.14

On Feb. 16, 1985, Hezbollah issued a statement of its ideology called an "Open Letter to the Downtrodden in Lebanon and the World." It said the "first root of vice is America...Israel is the American spearhead in the Islamic world and must be wiped out. All plans, including even tacit recognition of the Zionist entity, are rejected." It identified as other enemies the anti-Muslim Maronite Christian Phalange, and France.15

In reality, Hezbollah failed in its larger purpose of ending the Israeli occupation of southern Lebanon. However, it was successful against the United States. The withdrawal of the U.S. military officers in 1988 removed almost all vestiges of the American presence. About the only American officials then left in Lebanon were the few members of a skeletal and secluded embassy staff, while the U.S. ambassador was forced to spend most of his time in Cyprus because of fears for his safety. Even in late 1995 Americans still are prohibited by the State Department from traveling to Lebanon and the official U.S. presence there is minimal and low-key. The Israeli occupation, however, continues.

This humiliating U.S. defeat in Lebanon was one of the hidden costs of Israel's 1982 invasion. Although the media have never bothered counting up these damages, they have been high for America: the assassination of AUB president Malcolm Kerr, the kidnappings of 17 Americans and deaths of three of them, the bombings of the U.S. Embassy and its annex and of the Marine barracks, with a total loss of more than 300 lives, and the final chasing out of Lebanon of Americans after a presence of more than a century.

As a final irony, Americans then essentially paid for Israel's invasion expenses. This came about thanks to special legislation by Congress that turned Israel's aid into non-repayable grants and hefty increases in total aid to Israel, including the notorious 1984 Cranston Amendment that stipulated economic aid to Israel each year must at least equal Israel's annual repayments (principal and interest) of its debt to the United States. In other words, after the invasion Israel was assured that it would always receive more than enough U.S. aid to cover its debt payments to America. Or put another way, henceforth Congress agreed to use U.S. taxpayer money to pay Israel's debt.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Just because Hezbollah seems less beligerant today certainly doesnt mean that they are even not a verly likely future problem for the US any more than a snake putting on a dress makes it a schoolgirl

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Some more reading...

By Nicholas Blanford | Special to The Christian Science Monitor

BEIRUT, LEBANON - As President George W. Bush mobilizes his global campaign against international terrorism, Lebanon's violent past may be catching up with it. For Lebanon to join a proposed international coalition, it would likely have to hand over groups and individuals it considers its liberators from Israel.

Chief among these organizations is Hizbullah, a Shiite Muslim group backed by Iran, which stands accused by Washington of a wave of suicide bombings against US targets, and kidnappings of American citizens, in war-torn 1980s Lebanon.
    Still, Lebanon needs all the friends it can get in helping to reduce a national debt nudging $26 billion. Beirut cannot afford to be at the receiving end of a campaign against terrorism by the US.

A source close to the Lebanese government says the US has not asked Beirut to hand over persons wanted for past anti-American attacks. The matter was discussed in "general terms" with "no one being mentioned specifically," the source said. But the US ambassador to Beirut, Vincent Battle, said this week that Lebanon continues to shelter "terrorist organizations."

Hizbullah's alleged involvement in anti-American terror is long and bloody. On April 18, 1983, the US embassy on Beirut's seafront was destroyed by a suicide truck bomber, killing 63 people, including the Middle East chiefs of the Central Intelligence Agency who were holding a meeting in the building at the time.

Six months later, a truck carrying 1,200 pounds of dynamite exploded in the entrance of a US Marines barracks, killing 241 US servicemen. Less than two years later, militants hijacked TWA Flight 847 and kidnapped its American passengers for 17 days. More than a dozen American citizens were kidnapped in Beirut in the mid-to-late 1980s, in some cases, held for years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The list goes on, and yet you M'guy come on here with THAT avatar and not expect someone to know its significance. I'm just stunned that no one else here has apparently paid a minutes attention to what I've posted regarding your avatar, the Hezbollah and why given that probably 98% of this board being Americans your avatar shouldn't be allowed or accepted by these good people.

Oh, and I'm sure you realise, if it wanted the IDF/IAF could turn Lebanon to dust tomorrow. Now, wouldn't your energy be better served fighting the Syrian occupation of your land?[/QUOTE]

All good reading bro! I hope others take the time to read everything and digest it. Doesnt leave a very good taste in my mouth, thats fer sure!

I also hope others realize what his avatar and he stands for. Because if they really thought about it he'd be gone!

OG

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    i don't know what militia guys avatar stands for but i **** sure hope he tells us

militiaguy - why don't you tell what those funny squiggly characters mean to us Americans??

Quote Originally Posted by withoutd0ubt
    i don't know what militia guys avatar stands for but i **** sure hope he tells us

militiaguy - why don't you tell what those funny squiggly characters mean to us Americans??

Has anyone looked at his profile? Interesting to say the least.

Birthday: March 19, 1982
    Biography: i like shooting in the head ...concentrate...target the head...pull the triger...watch the head falling
    Interests: bodybuilding
    Height: 190cm
    Weight: 258 lbs
    Body Fat %:17
    Last edited by OGPackin; 03-16-2004 at 05:50 PM.

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Have anyone looked at his profile? Interesting to say the least.

Birthday: March 19, 1982
    Biography: i like shooting in the head ...concentrate...target the head...pull the triger...watch the head falling
    Interests: bodybuilding
    Height: 190cm
    Weight: 258 lbs
    Body Fat %:17
    looking at them stats he looks like a fat ass

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    shooting in the head? get a grip man

if i were a betting man i'd bet he's never fired a weapon and is sitting behind his momma's computer right now

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by withoutd0ubt
    shooting in the head? get a grip man

if i were a betting man i'd bet he's never fired a weapon and is sitting behind his momma's computer right now
    agreed

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FmRommel
    Well I saw that coming a mile away…and yes Bouncer I have read the entire thread and actually I have been following it for quite a while. The reason I had yet to say anything was because I knew that a dumb ass comment like that was sure to arise…

Thank you for confirming that.

FM
    While most of us don't like the regime that Rommel was a part of, he is one of the greats, militaristicly, in my book. He was a great tactician, and as far as the military respect goes, he is up there with Patton and Roosevelt.

Rommel was never actually part of the Nazi party and never supported Hitler. That and many other points caused him to almost go to trial for plotting to kill Hitler. He committed suicide on the way to trial so his family would still recieve support and honor.

Sym
    Last edited by Symian; 03-17-2004 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    Must be more dumb lebanese Christians, huh?

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by alevok
    For those of you who were wondering, militiaguy has a Hezbollah logo. I think that says it all.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    For those of you who were wondering, militiaguy has a Hezbollah logo. I think that says it all.

Militiaguy, is this correct?
    -Tock

Yes it is correct, Tock.

Muslims!!! (Hamas) Check out the

Arabic letters

KKK

Muslim woman in Afghanistan

KKK!

Muslims!

This looks like a look-alike competition!

KKK!
    Muslims!

Muslims!

Well, at least the Ku Klux Klan doesn't lie about there hate!

Symian is offline Member
    I should use that as my avatar.

Sym

Yes it is correct, Tock.

Not to be rude, but I asked Militiaguy.

One of the reasons for the ongoing conflict in the mideast are the various differences in religions. I think I've made it pretty clear that I don't put much stock in any religion, but I also respect the right for folks to form and express their own opinions in religious matters as well as on any other topic.

I think I detect a level of hostility between folks of different religions here, and between folks of the same religion. IMHO, this is unfortunate. Basically, when two people agree to disagree on religious stuff, they can still go out and have a few beers or whatever and still be friends. But when tempers flare and folks start becoming angry and frustrated, it's an indication that one fellow is upset that the other one won't think the same way they do. Magnify this situation by a few hundred thousand, or a couple million, and you will have, gentlemen, the root of every religious conflict, the point from which every religious war starts.

I would like to suggest that instead of proudly pointing to the many obvious reasons why each of your individual positions are better than anyone else's, that first you get a clear understanding of why people with different opinions (especially people with radically different opinions) think the way that they do. I would expect that once everyone shares the experiences and ideas that led them to their current opinions, more than a few contributors to this thread will sit an inch back in their chairs and say, "Oh. I didn't know that."

The way this thread is going right now, it won't be long before people start shaking fists at each other, accusing each other of hate, following false religions, and generating a lot of needlessly bad feelings. I hope y'all will take a few moments to take a few deep breaths and take this opportunity to ask more questions of each other than posting "Great Incontrovertible Truths" that not everyone agrees on. You have two eyes, two ears, and one mouth. Seems like a reasonalble ratio to me . . . 4 questions to every "Obvious Truth." Let's shoot for that . . . .

What do y'all think?

--Tock

Symian is offline Member
    The way this thread is going right now, it won't be long before people start shaking fists at each other, accusing each other of hate, following false religions, and generating a lot of needlessly bad feelings. I hope y'all will take a few moments to take a few deep breaths and take this opportunity to ask more questions of each other than posting "Great Incontrovertible Truths" that not everyone agrees on. You have two eyes, two ears, and one mouth. Seems like a reasonalble ratio to me . . . 4 questions to every "Obvious Truth." Let's shoot for that . . . .

What do y'all think?

--Tock
    Agreed! I know little facts about this subject...so I'm staying out.

Sym

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Not to be rude, but I asked Militiaguy.

One of the reasons for the ongoing conflict in the mideast are the various differences in religions. I think I've made it pretty clear that I don't put much stock in any religion, but I also respect the right for folks to form and express their own opinions in religious matters as well as on any other topic.

I think I detect a level of hostility between folks of different religions here, and between folks of the same religion. IMHO, this is unfortunate. Basically, when two people agree to disagree on religious stuff, they can still go out and have a few beers or whatever and still be friends. But when tempers flare and folks start becoming angry and frustrated, it's an indication that one fellow is upset that the other one won't think the same way they do. Magnify this situation by a few hundred thousand, or a couple million, and you will have, gentlemen, the root of every religious conflict, the point from which every religious war starts.

I would like to suggest that instead of proudly pointing to the many obvious reasons why each of your individual positions are better than anyone else's, that first you get a clear understanding of why people with different opinions (especially people with radically different opinions) think the way that they do. I would expect that once everyone shares the experiences and ideas that led them to their current opinions, more than a few contributors to this thread will sit an inch back in their chairs and say, "Oh. I didn't know that."

What do y'all think?

--Tock
    You cant discuss with a fundamentalist Tock. They have their point of view and if you dont follow your basiclly dead to them.

Im suprised you guys let militiaguy be on here with a avatar like that, but i am also suprised Frommel is with that name and avatar (ive been since i first saw him). If it was my forum they would both be gone along time ago.

[QUOTE=Tock]Not to be rude, but I asked Militiaguy.

Well not be blunt..I gave the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by palme

1) You cant discuss with a fundamentalist Tock. They have their point of view and if you dont follow your basiclly dead to them.

2) Im suprised you guys let militiaguy be on here with a avatar like that, but i am also suprised Frommel is with that name and avatar (ive been since i first saw him). If it was my forum they would both be gone along time ago.

1) You're wrong on this one . . . I do it all the time. And I find that as long as we can keep the focus on trying to understand each other, then both sides end up learning what the other is all about. Add a bit of civility to the conversation, and you can end up as friends . . .
    . . . But for sure, if both sides are convinced that discussing the issues are useless, then it just may well be.

2) Well, I'm glad that folks are more tolerant of honest differences of opinion on this board and less given to evicting heretics. Some of us find differing views to be rather interesting, and nothing to be afraid of.

I rather suspect that if you were God, there would be a whole lot less variation of things in nature . . .

--Tock

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information