groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member

Attn Big T & Doc M

Thought you might get a kick out if it.
    http://www.t-mag.com/nation_articles/302tc.jsp

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    .....that's about the best description of what we go through.....I miss those days and I miss my men....Hooya! boys...

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    BT you were a SEAL? Your one bad ass motherf*cker! Nobody can compete with these dudes.

Also BT, who do you think is the most dominate special forces (and don't be biais)? Cause I have heard Delta is pretty high up there....some say Navy SEALS.....I just wanted to get your opinion .

Butch...when I was in we'd argue till wee hours of the morn on who was the best. I have nothing but respect for Delta, Recon, Rangers, and PT's. I have gone on several missions invloved with Delta and they are all a great group of men. I will not sit here and say who the best of the best is......it just wouldn't be right. All I can say is this.... it was quoted in the article but I like the way my old CO used to say it....When the **** hits the fan and the Commander in Chief needs to get things done.... he calls us, SEALS.... the bastard son's of Uncle Sam's.

TPAK is offline Associate Member
    I have the utmost respect for ya Big T. But you allready knew that. I personaly know a man that is retired now from the seals. I have never in my life seen a man with as much confidence of what he could do than him. I saw him in a fight once and there wasn't an ounce of fear in him. Totaly amazed the s hit right out me. Most people get a little scared or get all jumpy. He just walked up there and took care of buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Butch...when I was in we'd argue till wee hours of the morn on who was the best. I have nothing but respect for Delta, Recon, Rangers, and PT's. I have gone on several missions invloved with Delta and they are all a great group of men. I will not sit here and say who the best of the best is......it just wouldn't be right. All I can say is this.... it was quoted in the article but I like the way my old CO used to say it....When the **** hits the fan and the Commander in Chief needs to get things done.... he calls us, SEALS.... the bastard son's of Uncle Sam's.
    Hey that's cool....I guess I worded it wrong....I konw you personally couldn't take a side consdering you had to go on missions with some of these dudes...and you neeeded to know they got your back. I am seriously infactuated (sp) with the Special Forces. I think you guys are some badass dudes....I love the movie Black Hawk Down....not becasue of the outcome...but just how interesting the Rangers and Delta moved. And all the specials on Dicovery Channel about SEALS...you all are some real unsung heros....we owe a lot to you boys...Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    ...you all are some real unsung heros....we owe a lot to you boys...Thank you!
    No bro.... the real heros never came home.....we're just a group of men doing our jobs, fighting for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    No bro.... the real heros never came home.....we're just a group of men doing our jobs, fighting for each other.
    Well, I think you all are heros...

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Well groverman..Thanks for the tribute, but I hate to say I was not a Navy SEAL..I spent 4 years with a Marine Corps Force Recon team out of Camp Pendleton, CA..Our training doctrine is very closely tailored to the SEAL program as the Marines are actually a Department of the Navy..We are jump qualified, SCUBA, EOD, blah, blah, blah..I went through a lot of schools while in and all I can say is I'm glad all that **** is in the past because I have a hard time making it to the top of my stairs in my house, let alone carrying a 150 pack through the desert..Youth...ahhhhh!!!

It is a little frustrating for a guy like me to be involved with a "Special Forces" type unit and have the general public know squat about it..But that is by choice from the brass of the Marine Corps..I didn't do it for the glory or for the pat on the back, it was mainly because I had a screw loose or something when I was younger,,,hahahahah!!!

I think there is a picture of me just prior to heading over for the 1st Gulf War on ship in uniform..They even gave me a gun....Yeah!! Anyway, thanks for giving a shout out to BigT and me..!!!

Doc M

Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    Well groverman..Thanks for the tribute, but I hate to say I was not a Navy SEAL..I spent 4 years with a Marine Corps Force Recon team out of Camp Pendleton, CA..Our training doctrine is very closely tailored to the SEAL program as the Marines are actually a Department of the Navy..We are jump qualified, SCUBA, EOD, blah, blah, blah..I went through a lot of schools while in and all I can say is I'm glad all that **** is in the past because I have a hard time making it to the top of my staris in my house, let alone carrying a 150 pack through the desert..Youth...ahhhhh!!!

It is a little frustrating for a guy like me to be involved with a "Special Forces" type unit and have the general public know squat about it..But that is by choice from the brass of the Marine Corps..I didn't do it for the glory or for the pat on the back, it was mainly because I had a screw loose or something when I was younger,,,hahahahah!!!

I think there is a picture of me just prior to heading over for the 1st Gulf War on ship in uniform..They even gave me a gun....Yeah!! Anyway, thanks for giving a shout out to BigT and me..In a sense!!!

Doc M
    Hey Doc.....I worked with several Marine Recon units in my day.....I give ya hell for being a jarhead and all.....but it was guys liek you and others in the corp that was there to save our asses if trouble would arise. I hear ya....if I atttempted any of what I did back than...I'
    d **** near die. Also it is frustraiting being part of a group of men that no one hardly knows anything about except what they see on specials or some BS movie..but like you I didn't do it for the glory...I had something to prove to myself back than and I did it.....simple as that.

I do have to tell a story that illustrates my point of people not knowing what the heck a Force Recon team is..A few years back I was in the gym lifting and had on a t-shirt that said Marine Force Recon- First In the Fight..He asked me what Force Recon was and I gave him the 10 second generic reply..He said oh, I always thought it was FOREST RECON.."I said, what do you think the FOREST RECON guys do?", go into the wilderness and fight forest fires..I should have kicked him the balls..Anyway, the SEALS certainly never have to worry about that happening..I can think of very few movies where Marine Force Recon was even mentioned..Every other movie made has a friggin SEAL in it..

Bastards..

Doc M

I do have to tell a story that illustrates my point of people not knowing what the heck a Force Recon team is..A few years back I was in the gym lifting and had on a t-shirt that said Marine Force Recon- First In the Fight..He asked me what Force Recon was and I gave him the 10 second generic reply..He said oh, I always thought it was FOREST RECON.."I said, what do you think the FOREST RECON guys do?", go into the wilderness and fight forest fires..I should have kicked him the balls..Anyway, the SEALS certainly never have to worry about that happening..I can think of very few movies where Marine Force Recon was even mentioned..Every other movie made has a friggin SEAL in it..

Bastards..

Doc M
    FOREST RECON!!!! Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!HmmmI got a movie for ya....how about Heart Break Ridge....a classic if I must say so.... We might have movies made about us...but half the **** they do in the movies...you'd be nuts or super human to do it in real life... I mean some of the coolest **** I've heard about what SEALS "really do" have come from assholes pretending to be a SEAL.

I actually had a guy come up to me cause I was wearing an old pt shirt that just had NAVY on it. Well he's all "So you were in the NAvy to huh?" I said yep...than he goes off about how he was a SEAL and started telling me all this BS about Hell Week and what not. I finally asked what TEam he was in and he told me Team 5....well since I know most of the guys with that TEam I started talking about them using first names....well he suddenly got all flusterd and just walked away.....haven't seen him in the gym since...

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Don't forget Pararescue and CCT, I went through tech school with some washouts and they were badasses, and they couldn't make it! They go through some pretty intense training as well, a lot similar to SEALs. By the way, aren't CCT the first ones in? All my respect to all special forces.

tbrocato is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac
    Don't forget Pararescue and CCT, I went through tech school with some washouts and they were badasses, and they couldn't make it! They go through some pretty intense training as well, a lot similar to SEALs. By the way, aren't CCT the first ones in? All my respect to all special forces.
    CCT sets up landing spots and **** in hot zones so it all depends what the mission is I guess.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I was just a pansy ass EOD guy not bad enough for special forces.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    So doc was an forest ranger? Hehe!

S.A.S. are pretty good i hear...ever worked with the British special forces Tex? Or Swedish?

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    So doc was an forest ranger? Hehe!

S.A.S. are pretty good i hear...ever worked with the British special forces Tex? Or Swedish?
    Palme..Yes, I am proud of my forest ranger days!!
    I had some experience with the British SAS..I attended a 10 week counter-terrorism school in Hereford and it was a tough school..Those guys in my eyes are top notch..They definitely like to shoot first and ask questions later..I remember doing live fire drills during a hostage rescue excercise and they were all chucking rounds everywhere like they were rubber bullets..I kept hoping they weren't going to waste a visiting Marine by accident..But there marksmanship are some of the best I personally have ever seen..

I do want to put a plug in for Sgt. Andrew Mcnab of the SAS..He was one of the instructors there at the school and he was also a Gulf War POW in which he subsequently escaped..The book is titled "Bravo Two Zero" and it is a dramatic account of how his team was captured, killed(some of them), and later escaped in overwhelming odds..My hat is off to this man as he is a true warrior..Check out the book if you have the chance..

I am glad to say I left those days behind for a lab coat and stethescope..Much safe and the pay is a little better

Doc M

Never had any exposure to the Swedes though..

And grover..Any guy that plays with explosives by choice, is definitely no pansy!

Palme..Yes, I am proud of my forest ranger days!!
    I had some experience with the British SAS..I attended a 10 week counter-terrorism school in Hereford and it was a tough school..Those guys in my eyes are top notch..They definitely like to shoot first and ask questions later..I remember doing live fire drills during a hostage rescue excercise and they were all chucking rounds everywhere like they were rubber bullets..I kept hoping they weren't going to waste a visiting Marine by accident..But there marksmanship are some of the best I personally have ever seen..

I do want to put a plug in for Sgt. Andrew Mcnab of the SAS..He was one of the instructors there at the school and he was also a Gulf War POW in which he subsequently escaped..The book is titled "Bravo Two Zero" and it is a dramatic account of how his team was captured, killed(some of them), and later escaped in overwhelming odds..My hat is off to this man as he is a true warrior..Check out the book if you have the chance..

I am glad to say I left those days behind for a lab coat and stethescope..Much safe and the pay is a little better

Doc M

Never had any exposure to the Swedes though..

And grover..Any guy that plays with explosives by choice, is definitely no pansy!
    Ive never read bravo two zero, only the book "Attack!" Its about his life before the Gulf War, his start in the greenjackets (infantry) stationed in Northern Ireland, becoming obsessed with joining the S.A.S. and stories of counter terrorism in N.Irleland, attacks on coca farms in South America and hostage rescue, i like his bitter humor alot!
    Didnt he work for MI6 aswell? I saw a book during our book sale here were it said so. Andy is a good bro? His lived a very exciting life for sure!

Ill go look for bravo two zero as soon as i can, ive wanted to read it for over 2 years now.

Let me know what you think of the book when you read it..I would send you a copy you **** Swede, but you are on the other side of the planet!! Doc M

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Ive never read bravo two zero, only the book "Attack!" Its about his life before the Gulf War, his start in the greenjackets (infantry) stationed in Northern Ireland, becoming obsessed with joining the S.A.S. and stories of counter terrorism in N.Irleland, attacks on coca farms in South America and hostage rescue, i like his bitter humor alot!
    Didnt he work for MI6 aswell? I saw a book during our book sale here were it said so. Andy is a good bro? His lived a very exciting life for sure!

Ill go look for bravo two zero as soon as i can, ive wanted to read it for over 2 years now.

Let me know what you think of the book when you read it..I would send you a copy you **** Swede, but you are on the other side of the planet!! Doc M

Will do Doc!

Thread Information