Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

The Iron Chef's weekend

Ok I was planning on posting this sooner. Now my weekend was no way close as hilarious as the Key Mastur's but it was just as sick depending on how you look at it. Now for those of you, who do not live in Alabama, this just happens to be the last weekend before deer season ends. Of course me, an ol'colledge buddy and some other friends planned a hunting trip that was to out do all previous hunting trips thus far. Now mind you except for my buddy from college everyone else was much older than us and when you step out into the woods with some of these guy's they will proceed to tell you everything that you might need to know on being a survivalist as they re most assured that you have know idea of what your doing.
    To make a long story short, noone killed let alone even saw any deer this past weekend. I did get lucky enough to jump up a rabbit or 2 and squeezed off a couple shots at least bagging something. Dale my college buddy was so distraught because the only thing he even came across was an old armadillo. Which or course he shot. Now the day almost over, the sun is setting and I’m getting a little wood to start a fire as everyone was planning on sitting around and tossing back a few beers and just kinda shoot the crap as all guy’s are prone to do from time to time. Now I told Dale, I say’s “Dale, you know if you shoot it, ya gotta eat it” Now people I tell you that Dale turned 3 shades of green at the mere thought of eating that armadillo. We may have some unusual dishes here in the South but armadillo’s ain’t one of them. I mean they ain’t nothing but 4 little hairy ass legs with a stomach full of guts and a shell. Hardly no meat on the little buggers at all. Needless to say, I skint that damn thing out, dug around in the cooler to find what I could find in the way of spices.. Louisiana hot sauce, that was it. So I soak them little scrawny legs in that hot sauce, whittle down a couple of sticks then proceed to cook em. Now everyone was wondering who was going to have the nerve to try anything first, but as all dares go one tried, then another and before you know it I sitting by the fire by my self because everyone else is out hunting armadillo’s. Damn things weren’t have bad if I do say so myself. I went ahead and cooked the rabbit while every one else was out stumbling around in the woods as it was now well past dark. Needless to say, there are about 5 Alabamaians that I know and although they may never admit it openly in mixed company, we’ll never forget the night that IC cooked up armadillo over an open fire with nothing more than Louisiana hot sauce, and yes all agreed that if there were any more left they would have had seconds.
    IC

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Armadillo you say.
    How much protein it got??
    If a lot then put that Armadillo and hot sauce recipie in our book.

That's a pretty odd story.

Man that was fast GPL

GenuinePL,
    That was fast. I just posted this like 30 seconds ago!
    IC

ptbyjason Guest
    You know Tobey, I was sitting here reading that post and just knew what was coming next. But I started thinking. Surely good 'ole Tobey isn't the first to try that out. So I started digging up recipes on the web for you and this is what I found.

Source

ARMADILLO 'N RICE

1 armadillo, dressed and cleaned
    4 large onions
    1 stalk celery
    2 cans chopped mushrooms
    2 cups rice, uncooked
    Salt and pepper to taste
    10 cups armadillo broth

Boil armadillo until tender; reserve broth. Remove meat from bones. Cut onions and celery and cook in butter until tender. Add mushrooms and meat and simmer for 5 minutes. Put in a large baking pan or dutch oven and add 10 cups of hot broth; add rice, salt and pepper; stir. Place in 375 degrees F. oven and cook until tender. Serves 12.

Is your mouth watering?

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    WTF. You got to be kidding me.
    That's some funny shit and awesome graphics

my mouth is watering, but not for that.

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    I tried turtle once, 4 legs, hard shell.....Wonder if that armadillo tastes similiar?

Now I've heard it all!!!

Yeah Jason,
    Gonna have to copy and paste this one in the reciepe section. Anyone wanna try it I know where to locate the little buggers. But think about it for just one minute. Have you EVER seen a vulture sitting on the side of the road eating on a armodilla carcous? Kinda makes you wonder whats in the little buggers to make even a vulture venture else where for a meal dose'nt it? LOL
    IC

Thread Information